Save the whales. Collect the whole set KaosC57's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_wootiesmofo View Post
    Yea man mines a trooper too but it was from my previous build its not modular. I dont want all the extra wirea this time but i am a corsair and asus fan so it will more than likely be one of the 2.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
    Don't run a Corsair PSU. The EVGA SuperNova G2 series is MUCH cheaper for wattage. What's the rest of your system like? You might only need 650w or 750w to run it.

Criminal Lawyer is a redundancy wootiesmofo's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Well like i was saying its gonna be a new system so im thinking of the msi 170 titanium, gtx1080 for now upgrade to a ti when they are released or go with a second 1080 later, 6700k and then just a samsung ssd and a larger hd

"Oh great, here comes Captain Dipshit in a LAV" - Pyle986 Grady666's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

CableMod kits are about $99 each.

Sent from the OG100-X Mobile Satellite Communications Hub

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_KaosC57 View Post
    Don't run a Corsair PSU. The EVGA SuperNova G2 series is MUCH cheaper for wattage. What's the rest of your system like? You might only need 650w or 750w to run it.
    Never cheap out on your PSU

Sent from the OG100-X Mobile Satellite Communications Hub

skinz

have you considered the Super Flower Leadex Platinum Fully Modular
    i installed one of these in my new build i went for white as my build was white and blue
    great psu and very easy to mod however i chose to make my own cables for this build as i didn't want to use braided extensions and have excess cable
    i little more time consuming but well worth the effort and made the cable management exactly how i wanted it

Criminal Lawyer is a redundancy wootiesmofo's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Iv always used corsair for my cpu gpu coolers and now my opticals i never havr any problems i trust the bramd, but color of psu dont matter im useing pne of the h440 cases so it will be hidden anyways

Save the whales. Collect the whole set KaosC57's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_wootiesmofo View Post
    Iv always used corsair for my cpu gpu coolers and now my opticals i never havr any problems i trust the bramd, but color of psu dont matter im useing pne of the h440 cases so it will be hidden anyways

The only PSU brands/models are the ones on the http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/id...tier-list.html Tier 1 only. Anything less is not to be trusted for gaming/overclocking. And, the cheapest of those Tier 1 PSU's is the EVGA SuperNova G2 line.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Icon2

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_KaosC57 View Post
    The only PSU brands/models are the ones on the http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/id...tier-list.html Tier 1 only. Anything less is not to be trusted for gaming/overclocking. And, the cheapest of those Tier 1 PSU's is the EVGA SuperNova G2 line.
    EVGA G2-Series PSU's are a good price-conscious option with a solid OEM supplier, they are not the only option. Their OEM Supplier for that series PCB(Containing the Switching/Filtering/DSP/Over-voltage circuitry), i believe is FSP(Which is a GREAT PSU manufacturer, as well as an OEM Supplier). I always go with reputable and proven OEM Suppliers for my PSU's(IE: Seasonic, FSP, And Super Flower), because you can generally count on their products being top-notch in reliability and quality. I have a Seasonic X-850(Not a budget option, just a statement), but FSP/Seasonic both have good price-oriented SKU's.

A great source for really in-depth/extensive(not to mention, This guy doesn't just review the PSU's consumer features, he analyzes PSU IC Topology, Component Quality, and even fan quality): http://www.jonnyguru.com/

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12