Keep honking. I'm reloading Roeffel's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Default thoughts on medpacks

I just read some comments on the warthunder website where they announce/explain the medpacks they want to bring in on 1.59 to replace the last-man-standing principle
    And I was amazed with the amount of negative replies, so I wonder what you guys/girls think

I took an IQ test and the results were negative Schtreusel's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

I think it ain't bad. Why not one more crewmember when one dies in a fight?

Save the whales. Collect the whole set SKY_SAMURAI's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Latest update, they will not include it anymore.

I couldn't give two 'pucks' so Chew-On-It Chew0n1t's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

I think the 'was' proposed system of reviving one dead crew members is not so much a medi pack as a CPR pack or hand of god pack.

However, if they really wanted to bring something like that into WT it could be done on the basis of -

Once researched for that vehicle every shot that causes injury to enemies ads to your medi pack -
    Then once the medi pack is full you can choose to use it to medicate an injured crew member, but not revive the dead. While applying the medi pack your crew would be too busy to be in the fight and thus you would need to stop and wait in a safe place or risk being killed while helping crew.

Then with the 'one pack per vehicle per battle' that they proposed for the old system you'd have a fighting chance of say 'getting your gunner' back in the seat so you can aim and fire at almost full speed again as long as you don't get shot while helping them.

So in short 'Hand of God' medi pack - no. Apply first aid to an injured crewmen - why not as it happened in the thik of the fight anyway.

Keep honking. I'm reloading Roeffel's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

I agree that the system wasn't "perfect" in my eyes because the "problem" they want to resolve is about the number of crewmembers in certain tanks which leads to a much higher survivability chance for said tanks
    So in my opion they should have even 2 CPR/medpacks for vehicles with 3 crew and 1 for vehicles with 4 crew, everything else is fine in my opion

Btw chewonit, if you could only heal crew instead of reviving them, what's the point really? if u got shot by anything of a decent shell, your crew is dead
    And yes the wholo point of the pack is to give tanks with a less crew members a fighting chance
    Try to fight a tortos with a PT76 for example, the PT can easely damage the tortos, but only once, because 5-4 of the 7 crew members in the tortos will survive, but shoot the PT once and you're likely to kill 2 of the 3 crew mebers and take out the tank interely, is that the fair solution? Ofcourse this doesn't discuss the option to ammorack or set it on fire because although those are more ideal results, they are not always a viable option

So in short I strongly feel the medpacks are a sort of must to balance tanks with less crew members, or do you have an other option to deal with this?