Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Default Single Hero Comps

Here is a list of what most teams used as far as comps in this weekends tournaments. Most of these just go for payload maps most of the teams did not play King of the Hill maps and the Assault maps were perma baned. I want to put in here i did not get to see every match but I did watch all of the High placed teams and finals for both EU and NA these are what most of them ran as far as team comps.

Point 1 Offense
    Tank Off Tank Healer Off Healer Sniper Dps (instead of off heal) Second Dps
    Reinhardt Zarya/Winston Mercy Lucio Widowmaker Mccree Pharah

Point 2
    Tank Off Tank Healer Sniper Dps Second Dps
    Reinhardt Zarya/Winston Mercy Widowmaker Mccree Reaper/Genji

Point 3
    Tank Off Tank Healer Sniper Dps Second Dps
    Reinhardt Zarya/Winston Mercy Widowmaker Mccree/Reaper Genji

On offense tank and healer dont change much as far as the primaries though depending on the defense the teams did put in diffferent off healers and tanks sometimes the sniper was also taken out to make room for a Dps on final points or if they were having trouble on a certain point. If you want to start running these comps dont be affraid to run two healers and two tanks with 1 Dps it seems like you wont do a lot of damage but well coordinated team fights double tank is very strong.

Defense
    Point 1
    Tank Healer Sniper Dps Dps Dps/ Second tank
    Reinhardt Mercy Widowmaker Junkrat Symmetray Mccree/ Roadhog/ Zarya

Point 2
    Tank Healer Sniper Dps Dps Dps/ Second Tank
    Reinhardt Mercy Widowmaker Junkrat Mccree Reaper/ Roadhog/ Zarya

Point 3
    Tank Healer Sniper/Dps Dps Dps Off Tank/ Healer
    Reinhardt Mercy Widowmaker/Bastion Mccree Reaper Roadhog/ Zarya/ Winston/ Lucio

With defense it was more of a one of everything besides Dps though if some teams were getting steam rolled they would switch to a two-two-two comp. Symmetra was one of the most influential hero's of the tournament creating a choke point and having a teleporter to get her team back to the point, most payload maps point one for defense is one of the longest run back so having her with teleport is huge for the team. it is not up there but Tracer was used a little for distracting the back line and trying to just go for healers on Points 1, and 2 so try that out to slow down a team.

Hero's not used
    D.VA, Torbjorn, Hanzo, Zenyatta

It looks like a tropical earthquake blew through here or something man.
    Rank
    Master Sergeant
    Division
    Blizzard Universe
    Status
    Active

Good post here Arbiter. I didn't get a chance to watch any of the matches. Who came out on top?

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Both EU and NA were won by Envyus Gaming

Cheers Love, The Cavalry's Here! AOD Member AOD_HighTide29's Avatar
    Rank
    Private
    Division
    Blizzard Universe
    Status
    Active

I never really knew how good a swap from one character to another character could impact a game entirely. From point to point, swapping characters can make or break a game. Emphasizes those moments where players need to swap characters from time to time.

Save your breath. You'll need it to blow up your date! AOD Member AOD_DarthKaizama's Avatar
    Rank
    Private
    Division
    Destiny 2
    Status
    Active

Are there VOD's of these matches? I'd love to watch them and study them, would be awesome to see how certain plays are made and how the comp affects each point and on the different maps too. It would also give me an idea of which hero's to really work on and where I can improve with using abilities, sacrificing for the greater benefit of the team and stuff like that etc. I play a lot of Mercy/Lucio so would be cool to see them in a competitive environment and maybe learn something new.

If you choke a smurf, what color does it turn? Kayla's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Here's one against Team Liquid; you can just browse this site for more videos: http://www.gosugamers.net/overwatch

Are those subtitles? AOD Member AOD_Vakarian's Avatar
    Rank
    Private First Class
    Division
    Blizzard Universe
    Status
    Active

I haven't seen any VODs of any pros, they would be perfect to watch and learn any new tactics with combined heros like what you posted

If you choke a smurf, what color does it turn? Kayla's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_Vakarian View Post
    I haven't seen any VODs of any pros, they would be perfect to watch and learn any new tactics with combined heros like what you posted
    Obviously not strictly to the point, but i still linked one and gave the website because he asked to see the matches.
    I've always enjoyed watching these tournaments, it can get a little confusing at first but let me know what you think Kaizama ^_^

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

I've had great luck with the two tank setup. I've been playing Zarya more and more and having that other tank to shield is huge. Zarya becomes very weak when the rest of your team runs off to snipe and flank.

Two heals is great as well. Everyone is focused on the tanks and heals while your dps go to town.