Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Default TeamSpeak Greetings

I'm sure I'm not the only one to feel this way, but sometimes I feel a little left out of the group when I'm gaming. Other time's I don't know anyone and think it'll be too much work to try and make friends with everyone and partner up with them when they're already in-game. So, thought I'd ask everyone: how do you greet your fellow AOD when logging in? A simple hello? A surprising sound? Nothing at all? I wanna hear em' all!

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

I feel exactly the same way when I game with a big group. What I really liked about the Wargaming division before it had to shut down was it was a smaller group, and you could often platoon with 1-2 other people.

But yeah, I'm really quiet in Ts3 unless somebody addresses me. What I did earlier was to kind of meet people on the forums on a thread I made, this one here: http://www.clanaod.net/forums/showthread.php?t=136201

I was new to the Planetside division and when I joined there are like 20-30 people in the Ts3 channel, so there's no chances to make small talk. When I did this I at least got a chance to sort of meet a couple of people that I'm going to be playing with in the future.

Otherwise when I first join in the channel, if I'm not feeling too introverted that day I'll ask if I can join anybody playing, and usually I get hooked up really quickly.

I don't know how battlefront works though because I never played the game. I'd definitely recommend making a strange sound upon joining though, lol. Can always be that guy to do that, then people check Ts3 to be like who tf made that noise ??

Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue ScarredSoldier's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

I can relate to this. I'm in awe by this group, well made and well kept for sure. Certainly earns respect. Being new to a big group and TeamSpeak, my instinct is to not speak unless spoken too. Don't want to give the wrong impression...

The Token Staff Sergeant Master Butters's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_Jikkax View Post
    I'm sure I'm not the only one to feel this way, but sometimes I feel a little left out of the group when I'm gaming. Other time's I don't know anyone and think it'll be too much work to try and make friends with everyone and partner up with them when they're already in-game. So, thought I'd ask everyone: how do you greet your fellow AOD when logging in? A simple hello? A surprising sound? Nothing at all? I wanna hear em' all!
    Best advice I can give you is to just start talking to people. There's times when I'll hop on and not be in the mood to talk, so I won't say anything, but other times I'll just start talking with people. May be awkward at first, but given time, you'll get used to everyone and then it won't even phase you when new people come in.

I took an IQ test and the results were negative Schtreusel's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

When joing a random a normal "hello" an "what are you guy up to?" is enough to get in.

Sent from my smartphone using Tapatalk

If I'm not back in 5....wait longer! TheJarbcd's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

I always say, "Goooooood evening, guys!" "What're we doin?"
    But I'm also a little quiet so I'm not always heard 😂😂

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk