Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Default "Why are you angry? I didn't mean to ram you!"

Guys;

I got rammed by some "teammate" yesterday. I was in a B18, and he was in an A26. I had bombed a base and was RTB for more bombs. He had missed the same base and was overtaking my slow POS airplane. I was trying to avoid him, while he was (I *think*) trying to buzz past me really close. He rammed me, whatever he was actually trying to do, despite me trying to avoid him.

If you want to do something cute, like buzzing another player, you are putting both planes at risk. If you're trying to buzz someone, it is the act of trying where you intend to risk the other person's plane. It does not matter to the other person that you only intended to buzz them, and lacked the skill to do so without ramming their airplane. If you chose to get close, that is the choice the other player will likely disagree with when you crash into them.

While we did not have much hope of winning that particular round, he ended any hope I had of doing anything with that round, and thereby wasted about 10 or 15 minutes of my time. If he'd been playing next to me, he'd have had my ugly mug in his face, yelling like a drill sergeant. "I didn't mean to" won't cut it. You meant to risk a teammate's airplane to do something that doesn't help your team. That's all the "mean to" I need to be angry as hell.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

As I like to say, better to not even risk it. You have no Idea if they are going to suddenly change flight path or climb or even slow down, you shouldn't get within 8 meters of them. Its one thing if your on TS and your telling an AOD member your going to do something so they expect it like you got a Bf 109 on your tail I'm going to be coming in real close to you to get him. Its another to want to be a show off. But even if a blueberry does it to you, you just kinda gotta sigh and get on with your day accidental is one thing wanting to be a show off is another. Of course the CoC still applies regardless but sometimes I will just raise a little hell in my room better to vent where no one in game can hear you. Am I right?

I couldn't give two 'pucks' so Chew-On-It Chew0n1t's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

I have had a similar experience on more than one occasion while playing tanks. I have even had 'nice friendly types' push my vehicle out from cover while repairing so that I get shot.

Some have had the misfortune to be in the same TS channel as me when such things have happened.

I know such things are often seen as 'part of the game', but I will never understand how doing anything to a 'team mate' that will cause them to get killed can possibly strengthen the team and thus improve your game.

A couple of my vehicles have missile launchers on them and since the flaming arrows update brought in the new vehicles I have noticed that a large number of 'team mates' shoot the missile launchers as soon as they see them at the spawn point, (Members of one particular squadron have done this repeatedly to me, and I am seriously considering making a formal complaint against their squadron with the devs about it because it happens so much). Do they really think they are doing anything other than weakening their own game - would you then turn around and kill the tank that had them cornered and was ready for the kill, saving their proverbial's in return for their being such proverbial's?

The occasional nudge is going to happen, hit a hump to hard and you can even land on the side of a team mates vehicle, but that Is all part of the game. Even people getting hot headed and ramming you back after an accidental nudge is part of the game to some extent. Silly antics like those being displayed by many in our game are not. They wind people up, cause friction, break the team 'mechanics' that can be the key to a win, and will even see you singled out as a target next time your on the opposition. So why would you want that? Can't people accept that this is a game, we all have different vehicles/planes, these fit our individual playing styles in different way's. Not everybody is the 'perfect flying ace/tanker', and in fact if everybody was to be honest about it, nobodies perfect, (Except me of course), and when you make a mistake one simple word means so much - Sorry!

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

There is plenty of exceptions for example night operations a collision or two may happen but I don't expect a sorry

I couldn't give two 'pucks' so Chew-On-It Chew0n1t's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_DigitalRaven View Post
    There is plenty of exceptions for example night operations a collision or two may happen but I don't expect a sorry
    I don't expect to get a 'sorry' either, but it is nice sometimes; And when I make a mistake and have the time too I say sorry, just because I feel it's better to say sorry. I don't always say sorry of course, if there's a red aiming for me I might be a bit preoccupied to do so, but I do if I can.