Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Default Mccree Meta Is It Still a Thing?

Well we all know that with last patch Mccree is not the same Mccree we once knew. I find that with his balance he is not nearly as strong against tanks and other hero's that reach the 200Hp mark. With this I have found my place style around him to be more passive I can no longer just run straight into a fight and take down members of the enemy team. So along the lines is Mccree still a good pick for either offense or defense well my answer is yes. to me he cant be replaced for his utility which is his Flash-bang. Flash-bang is so strong in this meta still where Mccree can just fallow the Reinhardt and do damage behind his shield while any time he has his cool down up for flash-bang Reinhardt can get a couple swings on some vulnerable targets.

Other Options
    Since his recent nerfs i have been playing a lot more Soldier 76 and Mei. Both hero's dont do neraly the damage that Mccree used to be able to do with his Right-Click combo though Soldier can dish out some good damage and Mei does provide a little utility like his Flash-Bang with her stun.

Last Thoughts
    I still think Mccree is the best overall pick as far as DPS characters still go and I think people should still play him a lot. The things that I have done different since the nerf is doing the same combo but instead of Flash-Bang into Fan try and head shot the target or just go for head shots. His head shot damage is still stupid so working on aim you wont notice a big difference as far as killing people fast with just his Left Click.

Can I have your Tots raggamuffinz's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

In the comp scene Mcree could dive on a enemy that needed to be taken out and end them or hang by his healer and wreck anybody who got near but solider or Pharah have taken his place depending on the need at the moment.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

I totally forgot about Pharah yeah with Widow also receiving a mini nerf she has come back into play and doing good things.

Are those subtitles? AOD Member AOD_Vakarian's Avatar
    Rank
    Private First Class
    Division
    Blizzard Universe
    Status
    Active

Well you said it yourself, Mcree is still one of those go to be heros for killing squishy heros since he can still do a ton of damage with his fan the hammer ability, Also bare in mind that the nerf was mainly so that tanks couldn't get killing in a single fan the hammer