Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Icon4 Ear Wax

Hehe, hey all.

I had my ears suctioned to remove a massive globule of ear wax yesterday. My left ear was completely blocked! The nurse advised me that if you wear head phones, ear muffs or ear plugs you should apply a few drops of Virgin Olive Oil into your ear canal every week. This helps avoid 'dry' ear wax and wax build up. I must say, the difference is awesome, even my good ear has gotten better!

Clean ears all!

P.S. Don't use cotton buds in your ears as this just compresses the wax further down to your ear drum (this was my problem)

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Interesting. I've had the same thing happen before, except I use a ear syringe basically. A little plastic bulb that you fill up with water then spray in there. :D

But yeah, it's been twice now that I've lost 85% of my hearing in one of my ears due to wax build-up. I have ear plugs for my drums that go in pretty far and the doctor called it our right away when looking in my ear. :P

I took an IQ test and the results were negative Glorious Gibs's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

It's kind of weird that you mention this now. I've never been a really big headphone person until this last year or so, which explains why I've been having issues.