Thread: Albion Online

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Default Albion Online

There was a thread about this 8 months ago: http://www.clanaod.net/forums/showthread.php?t=119013

However I did not want to resurrect a 8 month old thread, and there was never a division request for it. I was curious how many people have interest in this game within AOD. I ran a guild at the start of this beta till about February. Lots of people lost interest because it is a hardcore grind and knew there would be a wipe so didn't want to continue. Currently there will be a wipe on 7/17 with the final beta phase starting 8/1 and lasting 2-3 months before final release. If there is interest, planning needs to start now to get our bearings for the better part of the final test to deploy in the release.

The reason I didn't want to discuss a division (as suggested in the other post) is by my calculations from the past is we'd need at least 30-40 dedicated core members who log in daily to perform their specific job. Overall a 100 member guild is pretty small for this game. I can almost certainly say that it couldn't be a exclusive AOD guild, and would require another TS all together since a guild in this game would take up 60-75% alone of the current TS during prime hours.

Previously my guild hovered around 150 members (including ~30 alts) and was small. Casuals are fine, however that core dedicated group is necessary because of the grind. Gathering is open ended but needs to be funneled into the refiners and then crafters through a tier system where we focus on one person to level them up the fastest, and then some secondary if they aren't available. Also we need teams for the Guild vs Guild battles (5 ppl per team. At LEAST 3 teams) which can be counted on almost daily to attack/defend at a specific time. When they aren't fighting GvG they need to be grinding up their skills to wear the best possible tier of gear.

I am curious about 2 things.. The interest of other members in this game.. And if it is even possible to have a division. Even if we had our own guild, we'd still be in an Alliance with other guilds and some high-ranking members of other alliance guilds would need to be able to access our TS to quickly relay information. Getting another TS isn't a problem..

Let me know if there is any interest from this community. I certainly will be playing this game as I had an amazing time in this beta. Once we see where the interest goes we can decide on the next step.

Thanks!

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Looks like it could be fun! I will check it out.