Keep honking. I'm reloading Cele's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Default Mercy changes

They scrapped her damage increase from 30%-50% :( now she's purely just getting nerfed... On the other hand Zenyata is getting a huge buff which seems cool :)

Boycott shampoo! Demand the REAL poo! AOD Member AOD_Villast's Avatar
    Rank
    Recruit
    Division
    Destiny 2
    Status
    Active

Honestly, I thought she was fine to begin with. Buffing her would just make people still pick her over Zenyatta. I think the biggest thing people are missing is that self-healing will charge ulti's now and Lucio's (who does the most healing in a game) ulti only increased by 10%. That's a significant buff. He's without a doubt a must-have now.

Save your breath. You'll need it to blow up your date! AOD Member AOD_DarthKaizama's Avatar
    Rank
    Private
    Division
    Destiny 2
    Status
    Active

To be honest, I think the 30% increase for ult is a fair one, as a player who mains mercy I actually understand this and think it will make for better decision making as to when to use it etc. But it definitely was needed as there have been some games where the opposing mercy ressed and within 10 secs had res up again, hell I've done it a few times so yeah no complaint about that and I love the fact that you can now move while ressing that's a huge buff imo.
    As for taking back the damage increase I think they did that because honestly 30% is still quite an increase and if you stack it with ana's ult then you can see why the 50% was a bit op, now without having ana on your team it would be nice for that 50% but I think in some situations it's still a bit ridiculous.. Not gonna lie, I was looking forward to it but at least this way I can still pull out my pistol and get some kills, it always feels good to kill a player as mercy >:3

This message was delivered via holo-communicator uplink from the sith empire!

Save your breath. You'll need it to blow up your date! AOD Member AOD_DarthKaizama's Avatar
    Rank
    Private
    Division
    Destiny 2
    Status
    Active

Oh and let's not forget about if you have a Zenyatta on your team.. Discord orb + mercy 50% damage increase = 80% damage increase against the enemy with discord on them.. Meaning they'll melt and have next to no chance to fight back so going back to 30% for mercy makes a lot of sense.. When looking at these kinds of changes you gotta look at how it works alongside other heroes and whether in some situations it would be ridiculously OP or whatever

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_Villast View Post
    Honestly, I thought she was fine to begin with. Buffing her would just make people still pick her over Zenyatta. I think the biggest thing people are missing is that self-healing will charge ulti's now and Lucio's (who does the most healing in a game) ulti only increased by 10%. That's a significant buff. He's without a doubt a must-have now.

Interesting, I didn't know about the other changes. Thanks!

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_DarthKaizama View Post
    To be honest, I think the 30% increase for ult is a fair one, as a player who mains mercy I actually understand this and think it will make for better decision making as to when to use it etc. But it definitely was needed as there have been some games where the opposing mercy ressed and within 10 secs had res up again, hell I've done it a few times so yeah no complaint about that and I love the fact that you can now move while ressing that's a huge buff imo.
    As for taking back the damage increase I think they did that because honestly 30% is still quite an increase and if you stack it with ana's ult then you can see why the 50% was a bit op, now without having ana on your team it would be nice for that 50% but I think in some situations it's still a bit ridiculous.. Not gonna lie, I was looking forward to it but at least this way I can still pull out my pistol and get some kills, it always feels good to kill a player as mercy >:3

Very good points both in this post and the following post below this one. I as well think this "nerf" might help mercy players decide whether or not it's a good ress or not. Also looking forward to being able to move when I ress :)