Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Default Random Freeze + Crash ingame

Hello everyone,

After trying about 10 differents thing to fix my problem I come to you...

My problem is while playing Rainbow Six Siege, my screen freeze at random time and the game crash after. When my screen is frozen, I can still play, I hear everything and can still shoot...

All my drivers are up to date, the temperature of my GPU and CPU are not to high while I play and I do not have any problems in other games.

If you need more info, just tell me!

PC specs:

It's a Laptop:

Windows 10
    Intel(R) COre(TM) i7-4700MQ [email protected]
    8 Go Ram
    GeForce GT750M

If you choke a smurf, what color does it turn? ShadowCube's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Default Random Freeze + Crash ingame

Specs on monitor?
    Upgrade on GPU is a good idea btw

Sent from my nuclear fusion reactor

Boycott shampoo! Demand the REAL poo! AshawTalos's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Two things come to mind. First what did you change before this started and can you change it back? Second, malware/virus scan and make sure you don't have something nasty hiding in your system.

Save the whales. Collect the whole set Silajan's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Didn't change anything... And I don't think it's a malware/virus as I did a clean install of my computer not long ago and it was crashing two days after.

Specs on monitor?

Gonna check that tonigth.

Upgrade on GPU is a good idea btw

I don't really think I can change my GPU as I have a Laptop...

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

I picked up some malware on a clean install of Windows 10 on my brand new system because I downloaded an installer for something from a fake link by accident. It doesn't take much to get something that can cause problems. Won't cost nothing but time to download malware-bytes and do a scan just to be sure.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Gonna try that, but I mostly certain that my system is clear.

If you choke a smurf, what color does it turn? ShadowCube's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

CPU could be overloaded or you ran out of Availavle memory at the time. It that was the case, add more space to file paging for more memory

Sent from my nuclear fusion reactor

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_Silajan View Post
    Hello everyone,

After trying about 10 differents thing to fix my problem I come to you...

My problem is while playing Rainbow Six Siege, my screen freeze at random time and the game crash after. When my screen is frozen, I can still play, I hear everything and can still shoot...

All my drivers are up to date, the temperature of my GPU and CPU are not to high while I play and I do not have any problems in other games.

If you need more info, just tell me!

PC specs:

It's a Laptop:

Windows 10
    Intel(R) COre(TM) i7-4700MQ [email protected]
    8 Go Ram
    GeForce GT750M
    Are you playing games with laptop plugged into wall or on battery?
    If that is the case then go to NVIDIA Control Panel and Manage 3D Settings
    Then set "Power Management Mode" to "Prefer Maximum Performance" See screenshot with more details:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1.jpg 
Views:	148 
Size:	156.0 KB 
ID:	25123

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

CPU could be overloaded or you ran out of Availavle memory at the time. It that was the case, add more space to file paging for more memory

How can I do that?

Are you playing games with laptop plugged into wall or on battery?

Playing while plugged and already set to Prefer Maximum Performance.

But thanks!

Knee High to a Worms Ass flatmouse's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

I had this problem my laptop was randomly dropping fps while playing games that were not graphically demanding. It would sometimes drop to 10 fps or lower and crash. Eventually I figured out that even though my laptop was not hot to the touch it was under clocking itself to keep the heat at bay. I bought an extenral fan for the laptop and now I can run whatever I want again. it cost me maybe $18 on Amazon.

Jarek_Avanti

Are you overclocking your GPU? If so, try lowering the overclock a bit. What video settings are you playing the game on? Have you tried settings that are less demanding on your laptop?

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

I had this problem my laptop was randomly dropping fps while playing games that were not graphically demanding. It would sometimes drop to 10 fps or lower and crash. Eventually I figured out that even though my laptop was not hot to the touch it was under clocking itself to keep the heat at bay. I bought an extenral fan for the laptop and now I can run whatever I want again. it cost me maybe $18 on Amazon.

Migth try that, what did you buy? thanks!

Are you overclocking your GPU? If so, try lowering the overclock a bit. What video settings are you playing the game on? Have you tried settings that are less demanding on your laptop?

I play low quality

Save the whales. Collect the whole set KaosC57's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Ok, I was having this issue on my beastly build across multiple games (R6:S included). It was a Driver issue. For some reason the latest Nvidia Drivers (Version 368.81) were being really buggy. But don't fret! If you boot into safe mode and use a program called DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller), then completely reinstall the latest drivers, the issue should clear right up!

Edit: There is a sort of way you can "Upgrade" your GPU by getting an External GPU dock that uses Thunderbolt 3 to work. They are a tad pricey though.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_KaosC57 View Post
    Ok, I was having this issue on my beastly build across multiple games (R6:S included). It was a Driver issue. For some reason the latest Nvidia Drivers (Version 368.81) were being really buggy. But don't fret! If you boot into safe mode and use a program called DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller), then completely reinstall the latest drivers, the issue should clear right up!

Edit: There is a sort of way you can "Upgrade" your GPU by getting an External GPU dock that uses Thunderbolt 3 to work. They are a tad pricey though.
    Already tried that but I will retry it now that I did a clean install on my computer last week. And for the external GPU, I will wait for next summer and build myself a nice Gaming Computer. Thanks for the info!

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Why do you need some software to uninstall Drivers. Just select Custom Installation and then select Perform a Clean Install when you do reinstall drivers through NVIDIA Experience. :-))))

External GPU dock is a big waste of money right now. Rather then sell laptop and use that money to buy a good gaming laptop instead :-))))

Save the whales. Collect the whole set KaosC57's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_ZedZedski View Post
    Why do you need some software to uninstall Drivers. Just select Custom Installation and then select Perform a Clean Install when you do reinstall drivers through NVIDIA Experience. :-))))

External GPU dock is a big waste of money right now. Rather then sell laptop and use that money to buy a good gaming laptop instead :-))))
    The reason is, Clean Install does NOT remove older drivers. So the older drivers bog down your GPU and it becomes a buggy mess eventually. DDU removes ALL Nvidia/AMD/Intel Display Drivers and then you just re-install. Generally, if my Drivers are acting up, I use it and it fixes 99.99% of issues.

And, you can't get a Pascal Mobile GPU right now. I think an External Dock would be a good choice for his current situation. the 4700MQ isn't a bad CPU, the GPU it's paired with is just bad.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

The reason is, Clean Install does NOT remove older drivers. So the older drivers bog down your GPU and it becomes a buggy mess eventually. DDU removes ALL Nvidia/AMD/Intel Display Drivers and then you just re-install. Generally, if my Drivers are acting up, I use it and it fixes 99.99% of issues.

And, you can't get a Pascal Mobile GPU right now. I think an External Dock would be a good choice for his current situation. the 4700MQ isn't a bad CPU, the GPU it's paired with is just bad.
    A Clean Install is what it actually does. It uninstalls completely old drivers and installs new drivers. I'm always doing that once the new drivers are released.

Read the description below in the attached screenshot. A clean installation restores .............

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Driver Installation 2.JPG 
Views:	131 
Size:	119.5 KB 
ID:	25136

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Every time I've tried to do a Clean Install on my system the nVidia installer crashes. Not so sure that feature always works as intended.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_AshawTalos View Post
    Every time I've tried to do a Clean Install on my system the nVidia installer crashes. Not so sure that feature always works as intended.
    Well it always worked for me on Windows 7, Windows 8.1 and now on Windows 10

MOAR GLUE!!
    Rank
    Sergeant
    Division
    Call of Duty
    Status
    Active

Did the clean driver install help? Also, when you reset the machine, where did you grab drivers from? Windows update?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Alias': Activision: Zeke009#2424731 |

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast