If I'm not back in 5....wait longer! Dragninja7's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Default Steam Bug (Content Servers Unavailable)

So for the past month I've had a problem with steam, it's an on and off problem for me. It happens every now and then, about 3 times now, this time feels permanent. So when I try to update or download and install anything, it has an error that says content servers unreachable. I have tried changing download regions, reinstalling steam, and restarting router and modem. Any suggestions for me to fix this? By the way I'm not computer smart.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Steam problems are the worst, primarily because 98% of the replies to a thread on steam are "I'm having this issue too, can somebody help ??".

Then there are always these answers. :D "I recently resolved my issue. I don't know how this was the fix, but changing my default browser from firefox to IE worked.....so strange."

This thread might have something useful. https://steamcommunity.com/discussio...3949095/?ctp=3
    If it doesn't start there, the latest comments are this July.

Although if I had to guess, if it's not your antivirus or something blocking it, it might just be something that can be fixed by restarting your computer or waiting a bit. Personally it makes more sense to me than all these things about how changing options in a browser affects the steam client's problem.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_beavery1 View Post
    Steam problems are the worst, primarily because 98% of the replies to a thread on steam are "I'm having this issue too, can somebody help ??".

Then there are always these answers. :D "I recently resolved my issue. I don't know how this was the fix, but changing my default browser from firefox to IE worked.....so strange."

This thread might have something useful. https://steamcommunity.com/discussio...3949095/?ctp=3
    If it doesn't start there, the latest comments are this July.

Although if I had to guess, if it's not your antivirus or something blocking it, it might just be something that can be fixed by restarting your computer or waiting a bit. Personally it makes more sense to me than all these things about how changing options in a browser affects the steam client's problem.
    Well it's been a few weeks so I have been shutting off my computer every time I get off, I always had Vipre anti virus so that shouldn't be it, it's been happening since my brother came home right after a flood in the house. The flood only touched the legs so that shouldn't be the problem, but I shut it off completely and unplugged it, I didn't get on until my brother came back home, but when I turned it on, it had this program open before startup. This is also my brother's computer a year ago but I never knew of this program and it never showed up until now. I also never quickly shut off my computer and unplugged it since I got it so maybe that's the problem but I highly doubt it and maybe my brother activated the program but I have no idea how to make it stop being the first thing I see at startup. I'll have the program name next time I reply, I forgot the name and I wouldn't be able to see it if I just restarted, I have to shut down and turn on again.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by Dragninja7 View Post
    Well it's been a few weeks so I have been shutting off my computer every time I get off, I always had Vipre anti virus so that shouldn't be it, it's been happening since my brother came home right after a flood in the house. The flood only touched the legs so that shouldn't be the problem, but I shut it off completely and unplugged it, I didn't get on until my brother came back home, but when I turned it on, it had this program open before startup. This is also my brother's computer a year ago but I never knew of this program and it never showed up until now. I also never quickly shut off my computer and unplugged it since I got it so maybe that's the problem but I highly doubt it and maybe my brother activated the program but I have no idea how to make it stop being the first thing I see at startup. I'll have the program name next time I reply, I forgot the name and I wouldn't be able to see it if I just restarted, I have to shut down and turn on again.
    I can't seem to figure out how to put the picture in here, but the program is called CLiCKBiOS
    It gives me multiple options saying "Please Select Boot Device" only 3 of the options start up windows, there are 5 options, the other 2 options bring up something like a cmd.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by Dragninja7 View Post
    I can't seem to figure out how to put the picture in here, but the program is called CLiCKBiOS
    It gives me multiple options saying "Please Select Boot Device" only 3 of the options start up windows, there are 5 options, the other 2 options bring up something like a cmd.
    I'm not a computer expert so anybody feel free to correct me where I am wrong, but I believe the ClickBios is normal to come up after the computer shuts down unexpectedly. Does it have options like Start Windows Normally or Start Windows in Safe mode? If it's that then it's normal.

If you don't think there is any risk, maybe you could try turning off your anti-virus extremely shortly and see if the problem occurs again immediately after that. Or you could look for a whitelist in your antivirus options and add steam to it. It wouldn't be the first time an anti-virus decided to cause problems with connections to those things.