Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Default Vagabond142 Applying for AOD Membership [APPROVED]

AOD Racing
    What made you interested in applying to join AOD?
    I was server hopping on Assetto Corsa, taking part in a qualifying session, a race, then going to the next server. I came across the AOD Spa practice server and thought "hey, why not, get some good Spa practice in." The server had no lag (<150 ms) compared to most servers, as well as the drivers practicing on it were courteous and no one was intentionally ramming anyone else off the road like in most public servers. After 10 laps, and a good fight with another driver, swapping the lead back and forth, I decided that if there are more dedicated, clean, courteous servers run by AOD, those are the servers I want to play on
    Who referred you?
    The AOD Spa-Francorchamps AC practice server :)
    What is your age?
    Which Sim(s) are you applying for?
    • Assetto Corsa
    • Project CARS

Please provide a link to your profileHave your ever been a member of any PC gaming communities/clans/guilds in the past? (if yes, which one/s?)
    For Guild Wars 2/Rift: Gaiscioch
    For World of Warcraft: Far too many to list, but the most famous one was Forlorn Legacy
    Are you currently in any other gaming communities/clans/guilds? (if yes, which one(s) and for which games)
    Gaiscioch for GW2, Linus Tech Tips Alliance for Star Citizen
    Do you have a Microphone?
    Yes
    Have you ever used Teamspeak?
    Yes
    What is your timezone & location?
    MST, and I live in Calgary, Alberta, Canada
    Tell us more about yourself. What is your Sim Racing History?
    My personal history: Many a moon ago (over 17 years now), I raced karts for a couple of seasons, and provincial class closed wheel (BMW M3 E30 racing car) for 3 major Western Canada races (Race City Calgary, Castrol Raceway Edmonton, and one out of province race in the middle of British Columbia). I then decided to go to University, and set aside my racing.

My Sim Racing history: Really dating myself here, but I started out with Gran Turismo 1 for the "real" simulators, although I played things like Test Drive, Road Rage, RC Nitro, etc. I played through the Gran Turismo series of games until I started to properly race, and when I came back to gaming nearing the end of my University studies, I found that Gran Turismo was more of a SimCade type game than a "real driving simulator" (tm :P)

So, I downloaded Live For Speed, played that for a while, then bought Race 07 and GTR2 and all the original SimBin games. I subscribed to iRacing in early 2009, racing for a couple of seasons on there. It was great, but the subscription cost eventually made me leave.

I've been playing Colin the DiRT series as well, even DiRT Showdown.

And now I have Project Cars and Assetto Corsa, and a HTC Vive headset. And since both games support VR, for once in nearly 15 years, it feels like I'm back in the driver's seat PROPERLY again :D

(Sorry for the long post)
    AOD is an honor clan. We prefer good sportsmanship over skill. Can you be happy in an environment that doesn't reward skill?
    Yes
    Have you been a member of AOD before?
    No

Danneskjold Repossessions.
    Rank
    Staff Sergeant
    Division
    AOD Racing
    Status
    Active

Teamspeak information for interview sent via PM. I brought up that once our Star Citizen division goes live, he'll not be allowed to multi-clan, but for now he's fine.

Homie thinks he's faster than me... Frosty's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

processed