Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 36
  1. #1
    Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue AOD Member AOD_N3CR0S1S's Avatar
    Rank
    Cadet
    Division
    Blizzard Universe
    Status
    Active
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Wichita,KS
    Age
    22
    Posts
    39

    Default Need Help Building New Rig.

    I have decided that I will need to build a new rig in order to upgrade overall. I am looking for a few certain things. I am perfectly fine with building the pc so parting it will be fine and I am fine with having a pre-built one too as long as it is reasonably priced. I am looking for an i5-6000 or better cpu (or) i7-4000 or better cpu, GTX EVGA or Asus 1070 or 1080 gpu, atleast 2100 or better 16gb ram, a decent cpu cooler and a 700 watt 80+ gold certified psu. I will also need a good mid size case, nothing expensive but not an extremely bland one either. I do not need OS or hard drives, nor do I need a cd drive. After all is said and done I am looking to pay no more than $1300. Below I will post a link to my pcpartpicker choices. Please let me know if you think I should be replacing certain parts and please include why I should change it and what I should change it out with. You do not need to post a website that sells it just the info about the item. I appreciate all the help and information you all will provide.

    My part list : http://pcpartpicker.com/list/8VmDcc

  2. #2
    Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue Z3ROFR0ST's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Age
    36
    Posts
    48

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AOD_Johnbooth1423 View Post
    I have decided that I will need to build a new rig in order to upgrade overall. I am looking for a few certain things. I am perfectly fine with building the pc so parting it will be fine and I am fine with having a pre-built one too as long as it is reasonably priced. I am looking for an i5-6000 or better cpu (or) i7-4000 or better cpu, GTX EVGA or Asus 1070 or 1080 gpu, atleast 2100 or better 16gb ram, a decent cpu cooler and a 700 watt 80+ gold certified psu. I will also need a good mid size case, nothing expensive but not an extremely bland one either. I do not need OS or hard drives, nor do I need a cd drive. After all is said and done I am looking to pay no more than $1300. Below I will post a link to my pcpartpicker choices. Please let me know if you think I should be replacing certain parts and please include why I should change it and what I should change it out with. You do not need to post a website that sells it just the info about the item. I appreciate all the help and information you all will provide.

    My part list : http://pcpartpicker.com/list/8VmDcc


    I'd say swap that version of the 1070 for this version. It is a little cheaper and faster clocks = win/win:

    https://www.amazon.com/Gigabyte-GeFo...words=gtx+1070



    As for the case, i always recommend a full tower because it allows for more air and keeps the CPU/GPU cooler. My choice of case would be:

    https://www.amazon.com/Rosewill-Gami...+NIGHTHAWK+117




    But if you decide to go with the mid tower, i suggest you swap out that air CPU cooler for a closed loop water cooler. Keeps more heat out of the case and also makes the case more quite.

    https://www.amazon.com/Corsair-Hydro...liquid+cooling

  3. #3
    Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue AOD Member AOD_N3CR0S1S's Avatar
    Rank
    Cadet
    Division
    Blizzard Universe
    Status
    Active
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Wichita,KS
    Age
    22
    Posts
    39

    Default

    Yea i am trying to stay away from Gigabyte as they don't have a good track record for customer service. As for the case I am trying to down size because my desk barely has room for my current full size case. I am not entirely positive that I can do water cooling just yet but I will always keep an open mind if it will save money and or help keep everything cool while being somewhat easy to install.

  4. #4
    Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue Z3ROFR0ST's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Age
    36
    Posts
    48

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AOD_Johnbooth1423 View Post
    Yea i am trying to stay away from Gigabyte as they don't have a good track record for customer service. As for the case I am trying to down size because my desk barely has room for my current full size case. I am not entirely positive that I can do water cooling just yet but I will always keep an open mind if it will save money and or help keep everything cool while being somewhat easy to install.
    The water cooler i linked you is a closed loop. Meaning, it is installed just like that tower heatsink/fan you have in the list. You don't have to run hoses or anything like that. I have the same one. Difference is, you mount the radiator to the rear fan spot. Very very simple. I can walk you through it. The amount of heat reduced is 100% worth the price of admission and installation, especially in comparison to that one you linked. As far as the tower case goes, it does not expand in width by much, if any. What it does, is it actually is just taller. Now if it were a cube case, then yes it takes more space on a desk. Can you tell me which case you currently have?

  5. #5
    Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue AOD Member AOD_N3CR0S1S's Avatar
    Rank
    Cadet
    Division
    Blizzard Universe
    Status
    Active
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Wichita,KS
    Age
    22
    Posts
    39

    Default

    I am using thermal take chaser mk 1 i believe. I am listing a link to my part list for my current pc below. And do they have a closed loop water cooler for gpu under 100 that you know of?

    http://pcpartpicker.com/list/4LzDGX

  6. #6
    Criminal Lawyer is a redundancy TekNicTerror's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    SC, USA
    Posts
    234

    Default

    Get the EVGA GTX 1070 FTW for a better 1070.

  7. #7
    Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue Z3ROFR0ST's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Age
    36
    Posts
    48

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AOD_TekNicTerror View Post
    Get the EVGA GTX 1070 FTW for a better 1070.
    This is the best version of the EVGA brand. But keep in mind it is more expensive as well. Which is why i pointed to the GIGABYTE G1, its faster and cheaper than both EVGA options. I have owned GIGABYTE for a long time and i can say that i have had a good experience with them as i had an issue with a motherboard that i purchased and they really helped me out. Again, for the money:performance, either stick to the EVGA SC or go with the G1, which is the faster option but also a cheaper one and use that extra money towards the CPU cooler or case. No sense in spending more money for a OC you can set yourself for free.

  8. #8
    Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue Z3ROFR0ST's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Age
    36
    Posts
    48

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AOD_Johnbooth1423 View Post
    I am using thermal take chaser mk 1 i believe. I am listing a link to my part list for my current pc below. And do they have a closed loop water cooler for gpu under 100 that you know of?

    http://pcpartpicker.com/list/4LzDGX
    Dimension of your current tower is 22.87" x 9.29" x 22.36" and the Dimensions of the Nighthawk full tower is 23.23" x 9.13" x 22.24", so the difference is pretty much minimal and wont effect your space anymore than it is now.

    By the way, you currently own a full tower lol.

    As far as a closed loop watercooler for GPU, you would have to buy the FTW Hybrid which is a $500 video card

    http://www.evga.com/Products/Product...08G-P4-6278-KR

    You dont need to water cool the GPU as long as your case has a lot of air flow, which is why i am recommending that Nighthawk and if you use that CPU cooler i linked you, the air inside the tower will be plenty cool. As long as you are not aiming to do some intense overclocking, the coolers on these cards are more than enough.

  9. #9
    Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue BelowTheAverage's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    London, UK.
    Age
    21
    Posts
    39

    Default

    Have you considered going mATX? Something like the air 240 would be suitable and if you go with an H80i or such for the CPU temps in the case won't really be a problem.

  10. #10
    Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue AOD Member AOD_N3CR0S1S's Avatar
    Rank
    Cadet
    Division
    Blizzard Universe
    Status
    Active
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Wichita,KS
    Age
    22
    Posts
    39

    Default

    I am just worried about gpu cooling because my current card hits 75+ Celsius when playing bf4 at high settings. I have 3 fans on the inside and a fan on top blowing into the case along with OC the fans on the gpu to cause it to ramp up based upon the temp of the card and it still doesnt help that much. I am sure it is the card itself but I will always be worried now lol. And I will post my updated list later tonight too see what you all think. I really appreciate the suggestions and help.

  11. #11
    Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue Z3ROFR0ST's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Age
    36
    Posts
    48

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AOD_Johnbooth1423 View Post
    I am just worried about gpu cooling because my current card hits 75+ Celsius when playing bf4 at high settings. I have 3 fans on the inside and a fan on top blowing into the case along with OC the fans on the gpu to cause it to ramp up based upon the temp of the card and it still doesnt help that much. I am sure it is the card itself but I will always be worried now lol. And I will post my updated list later tonight too see what you all think. I really appreciate the suggestions and help.
    With the new case and closed loop CPU cooler, you wont suffer at all. I currently run 2 GTX 980 Classifieds in SLi and don't really go over 65c-70c which are good temps. The GTX 1070 uses less power to run and generates a little less heat than the Keplar chips. I think with a full tower and that CPU cooler i linked you, your temps will stay very cool. But also keep in mind, it also depends on the ambient temps in the room. So if your room gets like 75 degrees, that plays a huge factor because the tower circulates whatever air is in the room.

  12. #12
    Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue AOD Member AOD_N3CR0S1S's Avatar
    Rank
    Cadet
    Division
    Blizzard Universe
    Status
    Active
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Wichita,KS
    Age
    22
    Posts
    39

    Default

    Yea I moved into a new house and haven't had too many issues but it still gets hot every now and then. I went ahead and updated my build and have it linked below. Let me know what you think.

    http://pcpartpicker.com/list/mwH4d6

  13. #13
    Don't piss me off! I'm running out of places to hide the bodies AOD Member AOD_ZED's Avatar
    Rank
    Private First Class
    Division
    AOD Racing
    Status
    Active
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    1,997

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AOD_Johnbooth1423 View Post
    Yea I moved into a new house and haven't had too many issues but it still gets hot every now and then. I went ahead and updated my build and have it linked below. Let me know what you think.

    http://pcpartpicker.com/list/mwH4d6
    I think it's too outdated and you should go with Z170 motherboard
    My YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_0...dKywFi90AiVjAQ
    CPU: i7 7700k @ 4.8 Ghz 1.25v
    GPU: ASUS ROG STRIX GTX 1070 @ 2050 Mhz / 8400 Mhz
    Motherboard: ASUS Z170 Maximus VIII Hero
    RAM: CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4 3000MHz

  14. #14
    Don't piss me off! I'm running out of places to hide the bodies AOD Member AOD_ZED's Avatar
    Rank
    Private First Class
    Division
    AOD Racing
    Status
    Active
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    1,997

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AOD_TekNicTerror View Post
    Get the EVGA GTX 1070 FTW for a better 1070.
    I'd go with ASUS ROG STRIX GTX 1070. It's simply the best looking GPU and also the coolest. Cooling on this is superb. Mine is overclocked to 2100 Mhz core and 9400 Mhz memory and I don't get more than 65C. Also, the design and RGB lighting is what makes this card the most sexiest of all Pascal generation. I was thinking about GTX 1070 FTW at first but then I saw ASUS and just fell in love. It looks too sexy with my ASUS Maximus Viii Hero mobo. I have nothing against EVGA. Had that brand in my case for a while but their Pascal design just killed me. Also, the fact that EVGA SC GTX 1070 has exactly the same PCB as NVIDIA Founders Edition. The only GTX 1070 that are with custom PCB are FTW and Hybrid. Still using EVGA Precision X software tho :-)
    My YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_0...dKywFi90AiVjAQ
    CPU: i7 7700k @ 4.8 Ghz 1.25v
    GPU: ASUS ROG STRIX GTX 1070 @ 2050 Mhz / 8400 Mhz
    Motherboard: ASUS Z170 Maximus VIII Hero
    RAM: CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4 3000MHz

  15. #15
    Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue AOD Member AOD_N3CR0S1S's Avatar
    Rank
    Cadet
    Division
    Blizzard Universe
    Status
    Active
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Wichita,KS
    Age
    22
    Posts
    39

    Default

    I also looked up what it would cost to have a prebuilt machine done and it came out to be just over 200$ more than if I did it by myself, but I do get more stuff out of it. Granted I dont get the gpu I want I do get better cpu, mobo and ram. I will link the list of parts it comes with below along with the price.

    http://imgur.com/MB2xReP you will have to zoom in to see the text.

  16. #16
    Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue AOD Member AOD_N3CR0S1S's Avatar
    Rank
    Cadet
    Division
    Blizzard Universe
    Status
    Active
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Wichita,KS
    Age
    22
    Posts
    39

    Default

    Heres what it would cost to build the pc I linked above if I were to do it myself and I didn't put the case lighting in there.

    http://pcpartpicker.com/list/JnYLPs

  17. #17
    Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue Z3ROFR0ST's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Age
    36
    Posts
    48

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AOD_Johnbooth1423 View Post
    Heres what it would cost to build the pc I linked above if I were to do it myself and I didn't put the case lighting in there.

    http://pcpartpicker.com/list/JnYLPs
    This one is $400 more expensive than the previous one you linked. Both are more than enough to keep you gaming at full speed for a few years. I still have a z97/i7 4790k Devils canyon CPU. Its all about GPU power now cause CPU's are good for 4-5 years in terms of providing power. I have a friend who still runs with a i5 2500k and has BF4 maxed out and gets 70fps. I'd stick to this build http://pcpartpicker.com/list/mwH4d6. That is a great build and you maintain the full tower case for better cooling and cable management. That system will have you eating up any game in 1080p-1440p for a few years and the price is really good. Just my 2cents.

  18. #18
    Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue Z3ROFR0ST's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Age
    36
    Posts
    48

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AOD_ZedZedski View Post
    I'd go with ASUS ROG STRIX GTX 1070. It's simply the best looking GPU and also the coolest. Cooling on this is superb. Mine is overclocked to 2100 Mhz core and 9400 Mhz memory and I don't get more than 65C. Also, the design and RGB lighting is what makes this card the most sexiest of all Pascal generation. I was thinking about GTX 1070 FTW at first but then I saw ASUS and just fell in love. It looks too sexy with my ASUS Maximus Viii Hero mobo. I have nothing against EVGA. Had that brand in my case for a while but their Pascal design just killed me. Also, the fact that EVGA SC GTX 1070 has exactly the same PCB as NVIDIA Founders Edition. The only GTX 1070 that are with custom PCB are FTW and Hybrid. Still using EVGA Precision X software tho :-)
    This is also a very very very good choice. Clocks are good, made of high quality parts and also has RGB so you can match the lighting colors in your case.

  19. #19
    Don't piss me off! I'm running out of places to hide the bodies AOD Member AOD_ZED's Avatar
    Rank
    Private First Class
    Division
    AOD Racing
    Status
    Active
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    1,997

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AOD_Z3ROFR0ST View Post
    This one is $400 more expensive than the previous one you linked. Both are more than enough to keep you gaming at full speed for a few years. I still have a z97/i7 4790k Devils canyon CPU. Its all about GPU power now cause CPU's are good for 4-5 years in terms of providing power. I have a friend who still runs with a i5 2500k and has BF4 maxed out and gets 70fps. I'd stick to this build http://pcpartpicker.com/list/mwH4d6. That is a great build and you maintain the full tower case for better cooling and cable management. That system will have you eating up any game in 1080p-1440p for a few years and the price is really good. Just my 2cents.
    Z97 is still a good board but building a new rig with this at this point is a big no no. Z200 series are about to be released in two month along with Intel Kaby Lake and even Z170 is about to become previous generation. So either go with Z170 or wait for two month for Z200 series and get that or just get Z170 at much lower price because once Z200 series are out the price will drop on Z170
    My YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_0...dKywFi90AiVjAQ
    CPU: i7 7700k @ 4.8 Ghz 1.25v
    GPU: ASUS ROG STRIX GTX 1070 @ 2050 Mhz / 8400 Mhz
    Motherboard: ASUS Z170 Maximus VIII Hero
    RAM: CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4 3000MHz

  20. #20
    #Superhuman AOD Member AOD_Tymplar's Avatar
    Rank
    Specialist
    Division
    Destiny 2
    Status
    Active
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Age
    37
    Posts
    138

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AOD_Z3ROFR0ST View Post
    I'd say swap that version of the 1070 for this version. It is a little cheaper and faster clocks = win/win:

    https://www.amazon.com/Gigabyte-GeFo...words=gtx+1070



    As for the case, i always recommend a full tower because it allows for more air and keeps the CPU/GPU cooler. My choice of case would be:

    https://www.amazon.com/Rosewill-Gami...+NIGHTHAWK+117




    But if you decide to go with the mid tower, i suggest you swap out that air CPU cooler for a closed loop water cooler. Keeps more heat out of the case and also makes the case more quite.

    https://www.amazon.com/Corsair-Hydro...liquid+cooling
    Gigabyte...Rosewill....Corsair AIO????

    Amateur ;)







    (I kid, I kid) :)
    i7-6850K Broadwell-E 6-Core 3.60 GHz | Asus ROG Strix X99 Gaming LGA2011-v3 | 128 GB G.Skill Ripjaws V DDR4-3200 | nVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti 11 GB Founders Edition | NZXT H440 ATX Mid-Tower (Matte Black & Red) | Corsair HX1000i Modular PSU
    Samsung 960 Pro 512 GB NVMe SSD | (x3) Samsung EVO 960 1 TB SSD
    Asus ROG Swift 34" PG348Q Ultrawide | (x2) Asus MG279Q 27"


 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
vBulletin Skin By: ForumThemes.com
Top