If you choke a smurf, what color does it turn? PandaTantrum's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Default Complete reset of my PC

So, basically Ive decided to do a complete reset of my PC. Long story short, accidentally installed things on SSD I shouldn't have, brothers moved shit around and now nothing can find itself. It's just a total crap storm and along with other reasons - a complete reset seems much easier.

I ordered my PC from a company that builds and installs everything for you so was just a plug in and go.. A little help doing this would be great.

Specs (in case it's needed idk)

Intel® Core™i5 Quad Core Processor i5-6600K (3.5GHz) 6MB Cache
    ASUS® MAXIMUS VIII HERO: RoG, PCI-e 3.0, SATA 3.0, LG1151
    6GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 980 Ti - DVI, HDMI, 3 DP
    500GB Samsung 850 EVO SSD, SATA 6Gb/s (upto 540MB/sR | 520MB/sW)
    500GB Samsung 850 EVO SSD, SATA 6Gb/s (upto 540MB/sR | 520MB/sW)

I recieved 4 disks with the PC; Windows 10 Home,Samsung SSD, Maximus VIII Series and Zotac (for GeForce Drivers). After I've done a complete reset of my PC (windows 10), I think it should automatically reinstall windows 10 for me - if not, I have a disk. But in which order should I be installing everything?

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Begin Windows installation and format the drive by deleting partitions and then creating a new partition. Just make sure you don't delete any partition that stores data if you have multiple drives or for sake of safety just disconnect those drives and leave only system drive connected.
    Install Windows on newly created partition.

Install all drivers for ASUS motherboard. I recommend to download up to date drivers from ASUS support page. Just go here and download all drivers http://www.asus.com/US/Motherboards/...Desk_Download/

All you need to download is:
    1. Chipset ( latest version MEI: V11.0.5.1189)
    2. Audio (Realtek Audio
    Audio:GM:V6.0.1.7829_GM_StudioSound_SonicSuite_2.2 .25_SonicRadar_2.1.3301.0)
    3. LAN
    4. USB (Asmedia_USB3_V1.16.35.1)
    5. SATA ( Asmedia SATA Controller Driver V2.0.9.1)
    6. And if you need you can get some utilities like ASUS Lighting Control V1.01.16 and Front Base Driver:V1.01.17

install them in the same order and then download GeForce Experience from NVIDIA and install fresh drivers by using Custom Installation and then choosing a clean install
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Driver Installation 2.JPG 
Views:	133 
Size:	119.5 KB 
ID:	25379