So, I've been missing off the face of the planet for about three days now - because my Vive arrived.

Let me preface this by stating that I was one of the first few hundred kickstarters for the Oculus Rift; and have had the DK1, DK2, and CV1. All signed editions, in fact. Loved my DK1, and loved developing for it too. The DK2 was a nice iteration on top of it, but not quite what I was expecting in terms of tech advancements. The CV1 was a major let-down; Oculus/Facebook's walled garden techniques were disgusting, the tech was only a minor iteration on top of the DK2, and the software was plain and simple, bloatware.

So, onto eBay it went, and I picked myself up a Vive.

Man oh man. It's insane. The Vive was for me, everything that Oculus promised to be. The display is better, the motion controls are so pinpoint accurate that I could juggle them inside the headset, and room-scale VR (running around my living room) is legitimately more fun than it has any right to be. I had a few friends up last night, and we wound up playing VR Pool in my living room, while having a couple of beers. It almost felt like a weird dystopian future - where I couldn't afford an actual pool table, but hey, it's cool, just put on this headset and get transported into my giant mansion with pool tables and neon lights. But, well, a little more exciting, and a little less depressing.

Has anyone else been playing in VR lately? Any good recommendations for titles to try out?