Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Default PCIe slot dead?

Hey everyone,

I am having a bit of trouble with one of my PCI-e slots (i think). I recently realized that my motherboard was not detecting my second GTX970. I tried looking at my Bois for clues and rolling back to a different version of Windows 10 (i had literally update the day before), but still nothing. I even switched my graphics cards and they both work. I am out of ideas, is there anything else anyone can think of? I really do not want to by a new MB.

Ony

If I'm not back in 5....wait longer! Criggles's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_onypanda View Post
    Hey everyone,

I am having a bit of trouble with one of my PCI-e slots (i think). I recently realized that my motherboard was not detecting my second GTX970. I tried looking at my Bois for clues and rolling back to a different version of Windows 10 (i had literally update the day before), but still nothing. I even switched my graphics cards and they both work. I am out of ideas, is there anything else anyone can think of? I really do not want to by a new MB.

Ony
    Try a single card and cycle through all the PCIE slots. See if any of them cause POST failures. If you have the small LEDs on your motherboard that display hex codes, you'll likely see it get stuck on a code without any display. Look up the code in the manual.

Also check the PCI-E lane layout for your board. Some motherboards require you to put the second card in a certain slot.

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

I get enough exercise just pushing my luck onypanda's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Thanks for the advice, I'll give it a shot tonight.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk