Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Default How does one Bastion?

Since the new map is out, I decided to put my Omnic Crisis skin to good use by playing Bastion in the brawl. While I was there I learnt 2 things:
    1. My aim is utterly terrible
    2. Everyone will gang up to kill you first
    The first one is obviously just my lack of skill, but the second one is very real. Everytime I set up somewhere or go scouting (I use both forms, I'm not one of those Bastions who complains about getting destroyed on attack and only using Turret mode) I just get focused by everyone and die. This is a rinse and repeat process that happens everytime I play him.
    So, I REACH OUT TO THOSE WHO MAIN BASTION! ...or just like playing him or something... TO TELL ME HOW TO PLAY AS HIM!
    ...Because I can't, I need help ;-;

Are those subtitles? AOD Member AOD_Vakarian's Avatar
    Rank
    Private First Class
    Division
    Blizzard Universe
    Status
    Active

Jokes aside, Find a corner or something don't be visable as soon as people turn the corner, hide when you're in turret form, either that or be an absolute dickhead in attack and get a reinhardt and sit on the point, that one is more fun
    Last edited by AOD_Vakarian; 09-02-2016 at 05:11 PM.

Never accept the world as it appears to be. Dare to see it for what it could be.
    Rank
    Sergeant
    Division
    Blizzard Universe
    Status
    Active

Be mobile, this is my biggest advice for a Bastion. I've faced ridiculously annoying ones that move constantly so you can't pin point them, therefore they're always mowing you down. As Vakarian said, find a little niche that people won't see quite as easily, while still giving yourself visibility. If you happen to be spotted and you don't have a big frontline, then you're more than likely getting attacked, one attack by a Pharah or Widow, I usually move and heal. Make sure you have a healer that is aware of your positioning too, because yes, you will get targeted left and right because you can easily mow down a team. As it was, the other day when I was in a game with Bastion, I played Mercy and helped him plow through people by just being conscious of his whereabouts, because the hardest thing is to heal yourself if you just sit there after you've gotten attacked. Hope this helps somewhat dude!

Keep honking. I'm reloading Cele's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Move, heal, and know your gun does a lot of damage without needing to be in sentry mode.