Hybrid View

ThatFuzzyTiger

Default So, I'm new. Be gentle (or not!)

So, introductions!

I'm predominantly known as Hobbes or "That Fuzzy Tiger", I'm well known on Steam for putting my claws into shady developers and exposing dodgy practices, as well as supporting good developers and giving them a big up, and helping them develop concepts and ideas and getting them into testing and completion. I also have an -obscene- number of games on my account, if you want to be terrified, please click the following link:

https://steamdb.info/calculator/7656...3661434/?cc=us

No, the figure in green is not a misprint, and yes, I have to insure my Steam account as an item these days. I have my own support rep with Valve as a "High net worth" account, it's kinda odd really. I've been briefly internet famous after one of my reviews went viral for a day (THANKS KOTAKU YOU BASTARDS, MAY YOU BURN AND ROT, BUT NOT BEFORE I PISS ON YOUR ROTTING CORPSE) and had to deal with lots of people arguing in my comments section because I called out bad Chinese developers for bad practices involving the Steam User Review system.

In the real world my name is Rick, I'm 35, nearly 36, I'm now mostly retired (not through choice, but through sickness), and I used to work for Her Majesty's Gubbermint. I'm allowed to say I worked loosely for the MoD and the British Civil Services but that's as much as I can specify (unfortunately that comes with the territory, my greatest claim to real life fame is I've signed the OSA). I've also done Tier 3 support for Cisco, and the London Internet Exchange, but now I reside in a very sleepy hollow in Somerset, helping mother out and looking after the three cats whenever she's away on hols. The most technical stuff I do now involves either the microwave, the coffee percolator, or cleaning up mum's jewellry or doing a bit of spot fixing here and there, it's a nice, quiet, and boring life. I like it that way.

If you wish to ask questions, go for it. I'll answer as much as I'm able (or allowed to answer).

A Mighty Pirate!
    Rank
    Master Sergeant
    Division
    Skull and Bones
    Status
    Active

Welcome to AOD sir. Nice to meet you. Take care of those cats, ya hear?

ThatFuzzyTiger

Oh I most definitely do, there's three of 'em as mentioned. From youngest to eldest : Nephtys, Osiris and Bast (Mother has a thing for egyptian names), Nephtys is white with black splodges, mum rescued her from a binbag which some arsehole attempted to throw into a river of all things, then nursed her back to health. Osiris was a rescue cat (you'll spot a theme here), and is a smoke grey kitten who pretends at being a cat more often than not, and finally Bast who is now 13 years old, spends most of her time either laid out in the sun or on my lap when I visit, and meows whenever she gets attention.

All rescue cats, all characters, all absolutely lovely and deserving of lots of love and affection.

Jet Fuel Can't Melt Dank Memes PRAXULON's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Welcome to the party.

If your in battlefield people will try to shank you and steal the only means to easily identify your corpse for some reason. So heads up :)

But yeah, welcome.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Boycott shampoo! Demand the REAL poo! Antonius86's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Welcome! You sound like your name should be "Q" instead of Hobbes. ;-)

They don't think it be like it is, but it do. J3ST3RKN1GHT's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Welcome! Good to have ya!

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tapatalk

ThatFuzzyTiger

*laughs* My work wasn't anywhere near as glamorous as movies or Spooks would have anyone believe, that stuff makes for good ad copy, but the reality is a lot more boring, though I -did- get to see a great deal of the world as a result, so I am thankful for the opportunity. Plus being a Patriotic old bugger as in "For queen and country" and all that, whilst I might have a healthy distaste for our politicians (find me someone who likes the UK politicians and I'll find you a FILTHY LIAR), I do love our Royals in that fuzzy faint sense that I think most Brits do, and that's good enough for me.

So, er, yeah. God save the queen

These days I just fuss over the cats, it's much simpler and easier, don't have to sleep with an eye open either.

Keep honking. I'm reloading Cele's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Welcome to aod!

Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue WhskySoldr's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Welcome to AOD! You'll definitely enjoy your stay.