Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue ClanPoseidon's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Icon5 Faster Server Loading Help Me

Can someone explain to me how I can make the servers load faster? People tell me SD but I don't understand, can someone give me a link or a detailed explanation in how I can go from 10 minutes loading to like 1? Thank you.

If I misread it wrong did I read it right? AOD_Kathbris's Avatar
    Rank
    Sergeant
    Division
    Battlefield
    Status
    Active

What they are saying is SSD solid state drive. Replace your spinning hard drives with SSDs. They have no moving parts and have faster read write speeds.

If Its Not Big, I Dont Want It AOD Member AOD_Bighoss001's Avatar
    Rank
    Private First Class
    Division
    Battlefield
    Status
    Active

A 128gb SSD is what i use. Bf4 takes up about 70gb. So youll have enough room for bf1 if you get it.

Sent from my recliner with enough reclining power to blow your freaking mind

They don't think it be like it is, but it do. AOD Member AOD_J3ST3RKN1GHT's Avatar
    Rank
    Private First Class
    Division
    Battlefield
    Status
    Active

I had the same exact problem. Here is what I learned, an HHD has to spin and find the information it is looking for. And ssd has no moving parts so it can find information faster. SSDs are more expensive per gigabyte though. My solution to this was to put all the stuff I wanted to use quickly on my SSD, and had a large HHD for all my bigger files. I put my operation system, so my computer turns on in about 2 seconds, and bf4 on there and things load very fast.

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tapatalk

What did you call me?! You... Mustard Tiger!
    Rank
    Staff Sergeant
    Division
    Overwatch
    Status
    Active

Ya pick up an SSD. Cheap ones can be had for about $60 or less but id recommend getting at least a 240gb one. That way you have room for your OS which will speed your PC up in general and room for your favorite games too. For example: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820104484

Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue ClanPoseidon's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Thank you for the helpful advice guys. I understand now.

mmmmm..Claymores AOD Member AOD_dc88's Avatar
    Rank
    Corporal
    Division
    Battlefield
    Status
    Active

No other tricks other that what everyone else has stated. At this point, if there is a bottleneck for a PC anymore it would be having the mechanical/spindle drives instead of SSD. While the prices have come down, they still make you cringe when compared to the spindle drives but it is well worth it. I personally have had nothing but the Samsung EVO line of SSD and they have been awesome. I'm typically one of the first people loaded up on games.

Origin: AOD_dc88
    Steam: dc88

CPU:i7-4770 3.40GHz GPU:Nvidia 1070 GTX
    RAM:16GB DDR3 MOBO:MAXIMUS VII HERO
    Storage:1TB SSD, 2TB spindles Peripherals:Razer Naga,Tartarus, & Logitech G430 headset