Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Default They just released the Death Star DLC and...

They just released the Death Star DLC but the model and textures for Chewy were finished back in 2001. He looks terrible. I'm over all the aesthetics of the game. My hopes for the new DLC to kick some life back into the game seem to have been in vain. Maybe a fools hope, but hope nonetheless. The new extraction mode is just one big nade spam there is very little opportunity for skill based play. That's just how I see it though. Very few gun fights happened and it was everyone running in and out of the room throwing and dodging explosives all sizes.
    That being said though, I really enjoy everything outside of the DLC. The new customization options are kick ass and I actually like the way they reworked the traits. Away from the terrible model, gameplay wise I still had fun playing them. Still need some tweaking to be sure but I had fun with them.
    Its been out a day so no doubt changes will come, but what do you folks think?

A closed mouth gathers no foot
    Rank
    First Sergeant
    Division
    Elite: Dangerous
    Status
    Active

I think it's a lot of fun.
    To show our appreciation, for having so much power, we keep Heaven stocked with fresh souls. We are Angels of Death

"Neca eos omnes, deus suos agnoscet"

If I'm not back in 5....wait longer! AdmlAdama's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

I've enjoyed it but would like more combat related maps too.

As for chewie I understand that "fur" is tough to do especially with trying to balance the performance penalty of it vs the risk of it affecting gameplay.

Peter Mayhew funnily replied

You crawl out of a trash compactor, and see how good you look.

Cheers,

Peter Mayhew
    https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWars/co...W4&sh=64d46483

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Knee High to a Worms Ass PiXELZ's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Sadly, I also think the maps were poorly designed. For me at least, the Bespin maps were the only ones I enjoyed playing on for any stretch of time, however, i felt this was traded out for uninteresting heroes, that were poorly balanced. Yes, it is still fun to play, but once the nostalgia of being able to fly around on the death star wears off, I think the DLC will fade away. However, i love the heroes!

If I'm not back in 5....wait longer! Carl-Grimes's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

I actually am thoroughly enjoying Death Star. I lose track of time in the Battlestation gametype more than I have any of the others. Easy.

My only complaint is Bossk seems a little too powerful with his grenades.