Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Default Windows 10 update screw up every game?

Windows 10 had an update, which has now completely fucked up every game by causing Freezing/stuttering every few 20 minutes then goes constant. Has anyone else been encountering this?

If I'm not back in 5....wait longer! Bloodling's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

No, but I have to restart my computer every time I start my computer for things to be normal from the update before this. Still has not been fixed after this last one.

After starting my computer my games would stay a constant 20fps and I would have to restart my computer for things to get back to normal.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_Bloodling View Post
    No, but I have to restart my computer every time I start my computer for things to be normal from the update before this. Still has not been fixed after this last one.

After starting my computer my games would stay a constant 20fps and I would have to restart my computer for things to get back to normal.
    I am not getting that at all, games just freeze for like 5 seconds or more, pain in the ass.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Here are some solutions to this:
    http://www.clanaod.net/forums/showthread.php?t=144762

Also reinstalling all drivers and preventing Microsoft updating with their sh*tty version may help. Works all good for me after did some fixes here and there.

Knee High to a Worms Ass Giggahurts's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Weird, I haven't been having any problems with it. Try reinstalling? Maybe it's something up with your graphics drivers not liking this version of Windows. DDU and reinstall maybe?

Can I have your Tots TheButler208's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Icon9

win10 should be fine, I'm running all the latest updates. Without knowing your system its hard to start. But I am almost sure it is a graphics card driver problem. Try uninstalling, go into windows via F10 to get to safe mode. (If I'm remembering correctly it is F10, on start up) My system is all old, i5 2500k. After you have gotten into safe mode, then run the driver cleaner. Now restart and install the brand new driver. If that doesn't work, then you'll have to try a game reinstall all the way down to a reformat. Which blows. I'm pretty sure its just the driver.

But if the game you're having a problem with uses more than 3gbs of video memory and you don't have it, thats your problem.

If I'm not back in 5....wait longer! Rabballo's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

I haven't tried the windows 10, i don't think it's good for games yet, would guys recommend i try it, or should i wait until it proves good enough for gaming? And is the system better than 8?

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_Rabballo View Post
    I haven't tried the windows 10, i don't think it's good for games yet, would guys recommend i try it, or should i wait until it proves good enough for gaming? And is the system better than 8?
    I did not have problems with Windows 10 until they released Anniversary update a few weeks ago. However, the only 2 problems I had after the update, I managed to fix them and now everything is perfect again. Since I had Windows 10 from day one I built Skylake system, I noticed that a lot of people who have older builds are experiencing some problems but that might be due to lack of support for drivers. So, if you have a Skylake build, go ahead and get Windows 10, it will run flawless but if you have an older generation system then I'd recommend to test it out before you fully move to Windows 10.

To answer your question. Yes, it is better than Windows 10. Just make sure to turn off that advertising crap that Microsoft did add in Windows 10 just like Google Chrome.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_ZedZedski View Post
    I did not have problems with Windows 10 until they released Anniversary update a few weeks ago. However, the only 2 problems I had after the update, I managed to fix them and now everything is perfect again. Since I had Windows 10 from day one I built Skylake system, I noticed that a lot of people who have older builds are experiencing some problems but that might be due to lack of support for drivers. So, if you have a Skylake build, go ahead and get Windows 10, it will run flawless but if you have an older generation system then I'd recommend to test it out before you fully move to Windows 10.

To answer your question. Yes, it is better than Windows 8 (correction). Just make sure to turn off that advertising crap that Microsoft did add in Windows 10 just like Google Chrome.
    here is a guide on how to turn all that garbage off and also make some small tweaks that make system run better and more stable:
    http://www.clanaod.net/forums/showth...ght=windows+10
    Last edited by ZED; 10-03-2016 at 10:24 PM.

If I'm not back in 5....wait longer! Rabballo's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Thanks for the advice

Let the rivers flow red with the blood of our enemies PS_Anubis's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Running Windows 10 for long while now, from than till today I've had next to zero issues. Only issue was killer network driver causing 100% memory usage while back. All games work for me I play. Ark, Tom Clancy, subnautica, 7dtd, Minecraft, eve and bunch more. Same with girlfriend computer. But my parents desktop went into snail mode, so I had to roll their system to last build before their big update and it's fine again.

I get enough exercise just pushing my luck onypanda's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

I had problems with windows 10. It would make my windows explorer extremely slow and laggy. I couldnt do anything. I had to roll back the update to a previous version.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Can I have your Tots Eviscerator's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

The update wiped my custom resolution settings and inverted my sound. I have no clue how to fix it so I had to swap my left and right speakers and I wear my headphones backwards. I've never had an update till now do such wierd things.