Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Default Changing browser output?

So i'm trying to do streams and say when i'm streaming and have a website video on how to do something open, i don't want it in the stream. Anyone have a way of changing chromes output device? I assume a extention would be the # 1 way. Or say i want to listen to music while playing haha, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Save the whales. Collect the whole set KaosC57's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_Darkn3ss F4lls View Post
    So i'm trying to do streams and say when i'm streaming and have a website video on how to do something open, i don't want it in the stream. Anyone have a way of changing chromes output device? I assume a extention would be the # 1 way. Or say i want to listen to music while playing haha, any help would be greatly appreciated.
    You could set the Stream Output to target the Game Window only. Or, use a Laptop and put the videos on that. Or a second monitor would work.

If I'm not back in 5... Boycott sniffing glue! Can I have your shampoo? Oogieboogie's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

You'll need to have separate audio devices of course. It depends on what you use to capture audio whether or not you can do any separation. If you're using the audio device's mixer then you can set your audio player (in the program) to a different audio device output and you won't hear it. However if you are capturing from "Windows Audio" then you can't really get around it.

As far as chrome is concerned it uses the current default playback device. It likely depends on the application/plugin whether changing the default device will change an active playback to the other device, break it, or leave it playing on the original output.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_KaosC57 View Post
    You could set the Stream Output to target the Game Window only. Or, use a Laptop and put the videos on that. Or a second monitor would work.
    Quote Originally Posted by AOD_Oogieboogie View Post
    You'll need to have separate audio devices of course. It depends on what you use to capture audio whether or not you can do any separation. If you're using the audio device's mixer then you can set your audio player (in the program) to a different audio device output and you won't hear it. However if you are capturing from "Windows Audio" then you can't really get around it.

As far as chrome is concerned it uses the current default playback device. It likely depends on the application/plugin whether changing the default device will change an active playback to the other device, break it, or leave it playing on the original output.
    Thanks yall, i'm using the virtual audio cable but like you say oogie in order to record the game it has to have the default audio selected. Which is " " game[r] in this case, that makes music etc play in that. I can of course do it in some convaluded way of opening everything with Comms[r] selected then change the default and then never refresh the programs.