If you can't find the enemy, they're behind you. Silkmonger's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Default US M4A3E2: BR 6.0 for RB. Really?

That's the same BR as the Panther A, Tiger E, IS-2, and the FV4202. Can't you well imagine a 10 on 10 match of any of the other vehicles going badly for the guys driving the Jumbos?

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_Silkmonger View Post
    That's the same BR as the Panther A, Tiger E, IS-2, and the FV4202. Can't you well imagine a 10 on 10 match of any of the other vehicles going badly for the guys driving the Jumbos?

I actually had no trouble with my Jumbo. Was actually alot of fun! - Thing is its such a weird thing now when sabot and even heatfs is introduced into the mix... -_-;
    Basically play it as an assault Sherman (cuz that's what it is. axaxax.) Never reveal your sides. Angle as much as you can (don't overdo it!) and just keep whacking away at ém.

Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue Anglerfish Miho's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Unfortunately probably the least useful 6.0, with the recent American gun buff it's decent now. It is however really good in the Sim lineup where it is the top tank vs. Tiger H1s and Panther Ds.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_Validuz View Post
    I actually had no trouble with my Jumbo. Was actually alot of fun! - Thing is its such a weird thing now when sabot and even heatfs is introduced into the mix... -_-;
    Basically play it as an assault Sherman (cuz that's what it is. axaxax.) Never reveal your sides. Angle as much as you can (don't overdo it!) and just keep whacking away at ém.
    I'm typing about the M4A3E2 (76)W. It does not have heat rounds. I can angle all I want with the front of this tank, but any angling is going to expose some of the side of the tank, but it doesn't matter because the high velocity gun on the Panther can go right through the front of the armor. (and you can't angle the turret and point the gun at the enemy at the same time!)

I have two mods to go on this pig. It isn't as good a tank as the BR5.7 Panther, yet has to go up against BR 7.0 enemies. They have the BR on this pig set wrong.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_Silkmonger View Post
    I'm typing about the M4A3E2 (76)W. It does not have heat rounds. I can angle all I want with the front of this tank, but any angling is going to expose some of the side of the tank, but it doesn't matter because the high velocity gun on the Panther can go right through the front of the armor. (and you can't angle the turret and point the gun at the enemy at the same time!)

I have two mods to go on this pig. It isn't as good a tank as the BR5.7 Panther, yet has to go up against BR 7.0 enemies. They have the BR on this pig set wrong.

I mean that when sabot and heatfs is introduced to the mix it reduced the trustworthyness of the armor. Making its only highlight point uselss against those few enemies that use the ammo.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Default I'm having trouble with the M4A3 (76) W as well.

This tank is BR 5.3 in RB mode, and is matched, BR-wise, against the T34 85. So, smaller gun, slower, and higher profile with worse armor. About the only way it wins a comparison is that the smaller gun has a bit of a faster reload. Want to hear some howling? Take a couple of fairly even squadrons and set them up with a squadron battle that pits 8 T34 85's against 8 of these pigs! The folks that have to drive US will make noises that sadists would dream of causing. If the US is up against the USSR or Germany, the US team starts rage-quitting during the match. It really is miserable.