Do you not know death when you see it, old man? Dabba's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Default Monitor crashes after exiting or alt tabbing from BF1

I'm thinking its the new nvidia drivers. I've never had this happen. The screen goes black, and will not turn off with the power button. Unplugging the monitor is the only way to fix it. When it comes back on everything is normal. Wait for the new drivers or should I be looking somewhere else?

Criminal Lawyer is a redundancy Velozzity's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

IIRC if the driver crashes it should reset itself within a min or so. If I were you I would revert back to whatever drivers you were using before this problem occurred.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_Velozzity View Post
    IIRC if the driver crashes it should reset itself within a min or so. If I were you I would revert back to whatever drivers you were using before this problem occurred.
    Sorry for the delay, been hetic. Likely what Ill do

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Reinstalled driver did nothing. New driver came out, installed that, still the same problem. The display never comes back, just freezes black and on. Power button wont work. Where else should I look. I have a feeling this has something to do with changing resolutions when exiting the game?

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_Dabba View Post
    Reinstalled driver did nothing. New driver came out, installed that, still the same problem. The display never comes back, just freezes black and on. Power button wont work. Where else should I look. I have a feeling this has something to do with changing resolutions when exiting the game?
    When did this problem manifest itself. did it just randomly start or did you install something different in your system before it started. Also did you do a clean install of the older drivers, not the same ones you've been having problems with? I know with the old Radeon r200 series cards they had problems with black screening as they called it... this sounds familiar. I wonder if there is a bios update for your card which might resolve this if it is not driver related. If it is under warranty I might set up a thread on the manufacturers forums and ask if there is a bios upgrade available to resolve this assuming changing driver versions doesn't work.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

When did this problem manifest itself. did it just randomly start or did you install something different in your system before it started. Also did you do a clean install of the older drivers, not the same ones you've been having problems with? I know with the old Radeon r200 series cards they had problems with black screening as they called it... this sounds familiar. I wonder if there is a bios update for your card which might resolve this if it is not driver related. If it is under warranty I might set up a thread on the manufacturers forums and ask if there is a bios upgrade available to resolve this assuming changing driver versions doesn't work.
    Started occurring shortly after the battlefield 1 update and nvidia driver update. Not sure if it was right after or a few days after so not sure if its related. I just loaded dishonored 2 and exited fine. Maybe it's just related to battlefield?

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

yeah most likely If you can play other games fine. I'd download a benchmark like this https://unigine.com/products/benchmarks/valley/ and if it runs fine like 15 minutes then its most likely not your system but an issue with the game. BTW when you said that you reinstalled drivers, did you revert to an older one by completely uninstalling, or just reinstall the same version over itself?

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

yeah most likely If you can play other games fine. I'd download a benchmark like this https://unigine.com/products/benchmarks/valley/ and if it runs fine like 15 minutes then its most likely not your system but an issue with the game. BTW when you said that you reinstalled drivers, did you revert to an older one by completely uninstalling, or just reinstall the same version over itself?
    DDU'd the driver, and reinstalled it fresh, then updated to the new one "over" the old one.