Banned from Forums Sgtblackhawk's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Default mother board upgrade

so im planning a mother board upgrade soon with a new full tower as well now i have never swapped a mother board before and was wondering what the easiest and quickest way to do so would be. i have done some research and seen that i may need to uninstall everything and reinstall everything upon changing the motherboard and was wondering what the best way to go about that would be (thats if i needed to do so)

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_Sgtblackhawk View Post
    so im planning a mother board upgrade soon with a new full tower as well now i have never swapped a mother board before and was wondering what the easiest and quickest way to do so would be. i have done some research and seen that i may need to uninstall everything and reinstall everything upon changing the motherboard and was wondering what the best way to go about that would be (thats if i needed to do so)
    Here is a recap video on how I upgraded my motherboard. In total it took me 20 min to take out old mobo and put in a new one. As for OS, no need to reinstall. Just power on and wait till Windows updates components, then uninstall all old drivers, reboot, install all new drivers.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Cheers man c:

If I'm not back in 5... Boycott sniffing glue! Can I have your shampoo? Oogieboogie's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Not exactly what you're asking, but why are you replacing the mobo? It sounds as if you aren't upgrading any other internal components, which is a bit unusual for a mobo upgrade.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_Oogieboogie View Post
    Not exactly what you're asking, but why are you replacing the mobo? It sounds as if you aren't upgrading any other internal components, which is a bit unusual for a mobo upgrade.
    It happens. I had to replace my Gigabyte Z170 Gaming 7 with ASUS Z170 Maximus Viii Hero.

If I'm not back in 5... Boycott sniffing glue! Can I have your shampoo? Oogieboogie's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_ZedZedski View Post
    It happens. I had to replace my Gigabyte Z170 Gaming 7 with ASUS Z170 Maximus Viii Hero.
    Of course, but we don't know his reasons. He may have a totally valid reason, or he may not even want to give the reason. He's free to do whatever he wants even if it is as simple as he wanted a red board instead of a blue one.

If there's anything I've learned dealing with customers is that they'll expect anything and everything from a change that may have no actual bearing. Should always establish what the objective is and whether it is realistic. If you know the subject well (and are trusted) then you could suggest a better solution.

As for your change, I empathize. I have a Gaming 3 and I'm seriously considering a change after the driver issues / predictable BSODs I've had.
    Last edited by Oogieboogie; 10-11-2016 at 03:46 PM.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_Oogieboogie View Post
    Of course, but we don't know his reasons. He may have a totally valid reason, or he may not even want to give the reason. He's free to do whatever he wants even if it is as simple as he wanted a red board instead of a blue one.

If there's anything I've learned dealing with customers is that they'll expect anything and everything from a change that may have no actual bearing. Should always establish what the objective is and whether it is realistic. If you know the subject well (and are trusted) then you could suggest a better solution.

As for your change, I empathize. I have a Gaming 3 and I'm seriously considering a change after the driver issues / predictable BSODs I've had.
    I changed for 3 reasons:
    1) It had bad BIOS and was really bad in overclocking.
    2) It had Audio issues, which was not a defect but rather manufacturing bug and it caused same issue to thousands of board users.
    3) ASUS just looks badass and has better build quality overall.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

im replacing my current mobo with a new one so its ready for my future planned upgrades :D because my current one is a Gigabyte GA-78LMT-S2 which is really bad :D it just came with my case so im upgrading to msi 970 which can hold everything i want it to hold for future upgrades + its just a really old board and i wanted to get something alot better
    Last edited by Sgtblackhawk; 10-17-2016 at 12:40 PM.