If I'm not back in 5....wait longer! EnderJr's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Default What's going on with matchmaking?

I've been flying BR 3.3 almost exclusively lately, and I have noticed something strange when I get into matched without other AOD members on my team. Almost always I come in 1st or 2nd on the team, but I'm getting up-tiered ALWAYS (4.3 BR enemies) and I'm losing 80% of my matches as a result. Something is very wrong here... Anybody else seeing this?

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

I've noticed i'm getting uptiered alot lately aswell. But i don't know about exclusively..

A majority for sure tho.

My guess is its because of the new high-tier vehicles in the last patch. Uptier->Uptier->Uptier->Uptier. Everything gets upped to feed the folks in the top-tiers.

Ever notice how fast Windows runs? Neither did I RavenSCO's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

kill ratio counts if its above 60% you tend to get up tiered if below down tiered

If you ain't makin' waves, you ain't kickin' hard enough! BoomBoomStick's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_RavenSCO View Post
    kill ratio counts if its above 60% you tend to get up tiered if below down tiered
    Bullshit ...my kill ratio is around 50 and mostly Just under 50 ..AND I STILL get uptiered almost every round..
    I think in all the time I play this game I got down tiered maybe 5 time's a real downtier that is..
    I get either a good matchmaking (seldom) or uptiered (most of the time)
    And this is gotten worse and worse over the last year

I took an IQ test and the results were negative Schtreusel's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

I play 6.3 AB nearly everyday and I never have problems with uptiered enemys.

Just make us of the Richthofen tactic and only engage enemys you know you can defeat.

If an enemy outclimbed you and dives on you just trade in a headon.

Send out of my cockpit whilst I am spawnkilling noobz

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_RavenSCO View Post

nah. I'm fairly certain that there is nothing like KDR/WLR in the matchmaking system.

Its all about grabbing people that fits in the game. 15 players with a 1 br spread.
    (Explains why i've had so many matches with 14 5.7 vehicles and 1 6.7 and the enemy team is 10 6.7 and 5 5.7 -_-;) there is no such thing as balance.

I AM curious wether there is an actualy hidden modifier when using boosters etc tho as i, and alot of others have noticed the odds of getting uptiered is increased alot when using one...

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

I doesn't really bother me too much either way. The important thing is that the spread is never more than 1.0 or 1.3 if someone has a downtiered vehicle.
    I check my BR spread after every battle and I am usually right in the middle. I kinda like it when there are higher planes in the match cause I get
    a lot of the "Rank Doesn't Matter" awards. I killed a couple of P-80's and a Kikka the other day with a Corsair 1C. Felt good.