Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_Velozzity View Post
    In case that wasn't enough, here is a website editors quote from Near you, since your Sig. says Canada....

That was in response to a question in this thread...http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum...e-tearing.html , Notice the title. Also someone quotes that it occurs above the refresh rate, which the MOD chimes in and

Also in this thread they point out that Tearing can occur above or below the refresh rate in relation to FPS. They say the reason that it seems like high refresh rate monitors don't have any screen tearing is the image is replaced twice as fast and therefore isn't as noticeable but still exists. I really don't know what about my original post saying don't buy high refresh monitor without a card to keep frames equally high seemed such a jab but you will not have perfectly smooth output unless you have some sort of adaptive sync/vsync enabled to sync the fps and refresh and saying otherwise is stupid and goes against the whole premise for GSYNC and Freesync, that is the only reason that Nvidia and AMD even developed those technologies. If a high refresh rate monitor alone was the solution, then they would never sell GSYNC/Freesync compatible monitors.
    Fair enough. Well, all I can say that I'm not getting any screen tearing on my screen without GSYNC or even VSync. Perhaps because as you said in previous posts, I'm running games 100+ FPS. Nevertheless, in games where I had somewhere between 70 - 80 FPS I still would see the smoothness of 144 Hz and no screen tearing. It could be due to the fact that my BenQ XL2411Z has motion blur reduction technology, zero flicker technology and Gaming Refresh rate Optimization Management built in and it has ultra-low 0.001-frame input lag. Thus, all this combined removes any screen tearing all together.

If I'm not back in 5....wait longer! Floppycatt's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

People always throw around the term "max settings". Really you can run mostly max settings, except a few that don't really matter much, like reflection and shadow details and get decent framerates. Also, at 1440 you don't need as much antialiasing as you do on 1080 since the saw teeth are made up of smaller pixels. You can run medium - high settings on 1440p and a lot of times it looks better than ultra settings on 1080p. The refresh rate on monitors matters only a few types of games. I notice no improvement in games like DOTA 2, any sort of RTS, or driving games. However, there is a significant advantage in shooter games for having 144hz. It all depends on what you want to invest in on your computer. If budget isn't much of a concern, there is no reason to NOT get the better GSync 144 or 165hz monitors and a GTX 1080 to push it.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123