Hybrid View

Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue Hans_jager's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Default awareness during turnfight?

I don't often fly turnfighters, but when I get into a dog fight I often lose track of my opponent's position while we are turning and looping. Any suggestions?

Don't piss me off! I'm running out of places to hide the bodies DonnyMack's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Check the mini-map when you lose them, re-gain your bearings, then start throwing maneuvers when you've re-located them.

Don't piss me off! I'm running out of places to hide the bodies DonnyMack's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

i also throw my plane around until i can pan my camera around enough to figure out who's shooting me.

~HaKuNa MaTaTa~ AOD Member AOD_Sworn Assassin's Avatar
    Rank
    Private First Class
    Division
    War Thunder
    Status
    Active

anytime that you are attacking a target always lock on to it, my lock on target key is X .. once u have them locked on you can zoom to target .. my zoom to target key is my left Alt button, so whenever I'm turn fighting i can always hit alt and find my target, also the minimal is useful as well.. i also have my number 2 key set up to look behind me.. to be effective you want to utilize as much as u can .. lock on target, zoom to target, mini-map, etc..
    ~ HaKuNa MaTaTa ~
    ~~ AOD4LiFe ~~ (R.I.P.) MOH:AA division
    ~~~ Roll Tide Roll ~~~ Alabama Crimson Tide ~~~

And the Ranger's aim was deadly with the Big Iron on his hip Spudbob's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Like Assassin Said, use the Zoom to target button. it works even when your pilot is blacking out! My ZTT button is clicking down on the mouse wheel, so I can always just tap it if I need to see my foe, without moving a finger.

Went to check my K/D ratio once , the results were negative K_Ali's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

ussually what im doing is using the minimap and holding the Z key [elevator] while rotating me camera once in a while to check the ennmy position
    One more important thing that ull pick up by time is predicitng the enemy position at any time of the turnfight thats how its usually done for me

Okay, who put a stop payment on my reality check? PROx's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Don't be afraid to combine all the great tips together! Sounds, chase cam and practice using both the keyboard control keys along with the mouse simultaneously. Also the keyboard with the free look key keeps you aware but also know and realize when you are beaten. Change up the maneuver instead of scissoring and turn fighting. Peek quickly around you or at the map as well. Lots of players get tunnel vision on one opponent, and that's when a second swoops in and usually takes you out. On a multi-monitor system you can try the browser map also.

Good luck!