Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Default New computer"may come down to it"

So i moved and my computer seemed to have been lost or stolen when i shipped it ahead of me. So I need some help or ideas on a temporary and a new built computer. I was thinking the temporary should be a laptop I recently seen on the WalMart app. Please give me your honest opinion. Good and bad on the laptop and the new built.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

1. Stay away from HP, its the worst brand you can get. Saying this as an ex HP employee in Tech department.
    2. For that laptop price you can get a decent Desktop already and it will be easier to sell later when you don't need it.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Awesome thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I took an IQ test and the results were negative AmorousDonkey's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

I've had an Acer ( yeah I know everyone cringed) laptop for four years now. It had the exact same hardware as the top of the line alien ware at that time, but for half the price. Plus I got it on the QVC so six sleazy payments later it was fully mine. The 960m is showing it's age now and I had to replace the hard drive this summer, but honestly I can't complain considering I game on it for 10+ hours a day. I've deffinately gotten my money out of this bad boy. I'd recommend a high end Acer to just about anyone and am doing so now. Something like this. http://www.qvc.com/Acer-Predator-17%...tml?sc=NAVLIST

Boycott shampoo! Demand the REAL poo! Jayson201's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

I would disagree with you on the whole brand loyalty/disloyalty thing except my mother used to get HP products and it came down to the point where she got stuck with a decent laptop (spec wise) that was riddled with issues HP wouldnt deal with. Faulty motherboards, that were replaced multiple times, i think was the issue. (About 10 years ago) And more recently, couple years back, she got an HP AIO PC and of course this HP had a problem too...the display stopped working, along with many others in that lineup.

Otherwise I tell people who have some kind of brand loyalty that they're usually wrong. It's usually about the hardware in the pc, not the badge on it.

Save the whales. Collect the whole set KaosC57's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_ZED View Post
    1. Stay away from HP, its the worst brand you can get. Saying this as an ex HP employee in Tech department.
    2. For that laptop price you can get a decent Desktop already and it will be easier to sell later when you don't need it.
    As a satisfied HP Pavillion 15 user, I have to say that HP is a perfectly fine Laptop maker. Their Desktops are trash though. But, I love my HP Pavillion 15. I have no brand loyalty to HP, my mother has had 3 Toshiba Laptops and now an HP Pavillion 17, and my last 2 laptops were Lenovo laptops. My dad has a Dell work laptop also.

I will agree that building a new Desktop would be a better option though.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_KaosC57 View Post
    As a satisfied HP Pavillion 15 user, I have to say that HP is a perfectly fine Laptop maker. Their Desktops are trash though. But, I love my HP Pavillion 15. I have no brand loyalty to HP, my mother has had 3 Toshiba Laptops and now an HP Pavillion 17, and my last 2 laptops were Lenovo laptops. My dad has a Dell work laptop also.

I will agree that building a new Desktop would be a better option though.
    Well you are just lucky then. First time I hear from someone who did not have any issues with HP. All my friends had issues with HP, either battery bay not working, screen problems and other technical issues here and there. Moreover, when I worked in Tech Department there were some models that were coming back like a water through pipes. A couple models were even recalled back by HP.

Also, one comment above is another person complaining about HP.
    Last edited by ZED; 02-01-2017 at 02:47 PM.

Keep honking. I'm reloading HeadCollectr's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Honestly if you were gonna spend that much on a predator; i'd have to recommend going with this; https://www.ibuypower.com/Store/MSI-...-Gaming-Laptop

The shortest way inside a horse's ass farchord's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_AmbitiousKitten View Post
    Honestly if you were gonna spend that much on a predator; i'd have to recommend going with this; https://www.ibuypower.com/Store/MSI-...-Gaming-Laptop
    Agreed. If you're gonna go with a gaming laptop, go get an MSI, Asus or maybe Gigabyte (Though they are new in the gaming laptop scene I believe)

I am the Angry Chameleon! Lord DTR's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_farchord View Post
    Agreed. If you're gonna go with a gaming laptop, go get an MSI, Asus or maybe Gigabyte (Though they are new in the gaming laptop scene I believe)
    I wold recommend to save the money on the gaming laptop for a better computer build. Gaming laptops are all good if you like big heavy and expensive devices that you could carry around, but I would recommend going for something lighter and easier to handle for a laptop and use the money that you would spend on the gaming laptop on a setup that would run with better performance on the same specs at a slightly better price.