Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Default Real Name Displayed from Skype

Yes I know it is a poor title but I couldn't think of a better one. :P I was wondering, does anybody know of a way to disassociate my skype from my microsoft account? I'm asking as I like to keep my gaming identity and real identity separate from each other, and the only link between them is my skype.

It's set to private, and if you do see the info you'll only see gaming usernames. However back awhile ago I threw a little bit of money at a guy for the lols to see if he could dig up any info on me - and he managed to pull my real name off of something from skype. I don't remember exactly what it was aside that it was 100% related to skype, and I'm guessing must have gotten to information on my microsoft account somehow. My account name has been changed since, but is it possible to dig up old usernames for microsoft accounts?

I know you can't realistically be "100% untraceable", but if some internet kid wants to try to get info on me, I want to give him a hard time doing it. :P

Thanks.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Just create a new Skype account.

Or

Go to your Skype profile and change Primary e-mail, privacy settings, your first and last name etc....

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_ZED View Post
    Just create a new Skype account.

Or

Go to your Skype profile and change Primary e-mail, privacy settings, your first and last name etc....
    Strange, looking at my skype account it doesn't have my name anywhere and isn't even synced to my microsoft account. Anyways, I fudged the e-mail which was the only info I had on it prior, so I feel that should be good enough. :) Thanks for the suggestion, guess I was overthinking it.

If I'm not back in 5....wait longer! CamoDragon09's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Check Microsoft itself, there are lots of association choices in there, might still be on their side?

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

When I look it over now it doesn't look like my microsoft account is attached to skype, so I'm not sure why it had my information on it. Either way with a different primary e-mail(set to private) I think it should be good. :P

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_Beavery1 View Post
    When I look it over now it doesn't look like my microsoft account is attached to skype, so I'm not sure why it had my information on it. Either way with a different primary e-mail(set to private) I think it should be good. :P
    Why would it even be attached to microsoft account? Do you use it to sign in to Windows or something?

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

My Microsoft account yes. Although now that I look back, there are services that look up old Skype names I think, so I could probably have thought out the OP more. I think I'll take your advice to just make a brand new account

Sent from my SM-S902L using Tapatalk

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

My Microsoft account yes. Although now that I look back, there are services that look up old Skype names I think, so I could probably have thought out the OP more. I think I'll take your advice to just make a brand new account

Sent from my SM-S902L using Tapatalk
    Why do you use Microsoft account to sign into Windows? Is there a reason behind this? If not then I suggest to remove it if you care about privacy on your PC and create a local account.
    Also, I suggest to follow these guidelines I wrote about disabling Telemetry data that Microsoft collects.
    https://www.clanaod.net/forums/showt...=windows+guide

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_ZED View Post
    Why do you use Microsoft account to sign into Windows? Is there a reason behind this? If not then I suggest to remove it if you care about privacy on your PC and create a local account.
    Also, I suggest to follow these guidelines I wrote about disabling Telemetry data that Microsoft collects.
    https://www.clanaod.net/forums/showt...=windows+guide
    Honestly, I probably was just really excited when I got my new computer and did the fastest thing possible to get everything set up. :P Thanks for the link, I'll definitely go over it. :) I wasn't aware of everything you could do and didn't feel like digging through all the "Guides" that are 98% filler words to see what to do.

Criminal Lawyer is a redundancy Thesaurus's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Honestly, I probably was just really excited when I got my new computer and did the fastest thing possible to get everything set up. .
    It was probably 50% that, and 50% the windows setup process uses a dark pattern to make it seem like using the microsoft account is the only option.
    Luckily making another account and then dis-associating the two is pretty easy once you google for it.

I ran into that headache when I wanted to give my laptop to my kid, I tried to make her a user account and windows started this whole rigmarole about creating Family accounts and sending invites to emails and I was like "why the fudge is my decades old hotmail even attached to my windows account, oh yeah windows 10 installer forced it on me....derp"

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_HitTheThesaurus View Post
    It was probably 50% that, and 50% the windows setup process uses a dark pattern to make it seem like using the microsoft account is the only option.
    Luckily making another account and then dis-associating the two is pretty easy once you google for it.

I ran into that headache when I wanted to give my laptop to my kid, I tried to make her a user account and windows started this whole rigmarole about creating Family accounts and sending invites to emails and I was like "why the fudge is my decades old hotmail even attached to my windows account, oh yeah windows 10 installer forced it on me....derp"
    Simply do not connect to the internet at initial setup and it should let you create local account. I never use Microsoft account and always setup a Local user account on any laptop right from the beginning.