If I'm not back in 5....wait longer! Dragninja7's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Default Mouse DPI

So one of my side buttons is broken and the other one is soon to follow, and I can't seem to find any shell replacements other than Ebay. I have a Logitech G9x Mouse that I got from my brother, I never messed with the sensitivity settings before. Before I got out and buy a new mouse with more side buttons :P how do I find out all 6 different sensitivity settings my mouse uses, since it has a button to switch between 6 different settings. Oh and apparently I can't see the mouse when I go into the Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

have you installed the Logitech gaming software?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using Tapatalk

Im on board a sinking ship of misfits. beerddlovliness's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Like Darth said, Install the Logitech Gaming Software. I did just try to look up your mouse and it seems that its before the Logitech Gaming Software time. You can still try it other wise I dont think that there is anything you can do other than try and find what feels good when you get a new mouse.

I suggest a Logitech G602. Its wireless and has 125 and 500 hz polling rates. It uses regular AA batteris - not rechargeable. The mouse has 2 modes - an endurance mode which lowers the polling rate to 125 and it makes it last really long - 1200 hours roughly, or a performance mode lasts about 250 or so hours. I have had it for 6 months and havent changed batteries yet. Easily a few hundred hours on it. I use the Endurance mode and it does take a bit to get used to but its not too bad. it also has 6 buttons on the thumb side and 2 on the left mouse click as well as a left, middle wheel, and right click. Right now, Best Buy has it on sale for roughly $40 USD which makes a steal at that price. Otherwise, for the normal $-80 - $100 price tag I suggest looking elsewhere.

GoodLuck.

If I'm not back in 5....wait longer! Dragninja7's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_Entity94 View Post
    Like Darth said, Install the Logitech Gaming Software. I did just try to look up your mouse and it seems that its before the Logitech Gaming Software time. You can still try it other wise I dont think that there is anything you can do other than try and find what feels good when you get a new mouse.

I suggest a Logitech G602. Its wireless and has 125 and 500 hz polling rates. It uses regular AA batteris - not rechargeable. The mouse has 2 modes - an endurance mode which lowers the polling rate to 125 and it makes it last really long - 1200 hours roughly, or a performance mode lasts about 250 or so hours. I have had it for 6 months and havent changed batteries yet. Easily a few hundred hours on it. I use the Endurance mode and it does take a bit to get used to but its not too bad. it also has 6 buttons on the thumb side and 2 on the left mouse click as well as a left, middle wheel, and right click. Right now, Best Buy has it on sale for roughly $40 USD which makes a steal at that price. Otherwise, for the normal $-80 - $100 price tag I suggest looking elsewhere.

GoodLuck.
    I'll think about it, I'm looking for a mouse with a long wire though since my mouse has that, so I'm just used to not using money to buy batteries for my mouse.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Another one that I liked was the Corsair M65. It has a sniper button on it otherwise its a regular corded mouse. I use the Sniper button for Push To Talk on Teamspeak. lol. Its a more expensive (kind of ) mouse at roughly $70ish USD. The Frame is aluminum - the only plastic is the buttons. It also has a weight system to lighten or make it heavier. The cable was braided and I think about 6 feet long.

Knee High to a Worms Ass netsuko's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_Entity94 View Post
    Another one that I liked was the Corsair M65. It has a sniper button on it otherwise its a regular corded mouse. I use the Sniper button for Push To Talk on Teamspeak. lol. Its a more expensive (kind of ) mouse at roughly $70ish USD. The Frame is aluminum - the only plastic is the buttons. It also has a weight system to lighten or make it heavier. The cable was braided and I think about 6 feet long.
    I second this mouse. I have it right now and it's sleek as hell and the sniper button comes in handy a lot! Pretty cheap for what you're getting.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by netsuko View Post
    I second this mouse. I have it right now and it's sleek as hell and the sniper button comes in handy a lot! Pretty cheap for what you're getting.
    I got mine when i had it for extremely cheap $40 usd. For an all aluminum frame and such not bad at all.

Sent from my LGLS755 using Tapatalk

If you choke a smurf, what color does it turn? JochemWok's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Buy razer it is goood

If I'm not back in 5....wait longer! Arvs's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Here is the Logitech Gaming Software download: http://support.logitech.com/en_us/software/lgs

You can set and change the DPI settings there and it's pretty easy.
    In terms of a new mouse in the future I have the Logitech G502: Newegg.com
    It's a reasonable price ($50-$70)

If you're looking for mice with more buttons I think the other mice mentioned above are awesome as well, the G502 only has 2 extra buttons (not including the clutch/sniper button)

Knee High to a Worms Ass davidfederal's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Icon10

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_Dragninja7 View Post
    So one of my side buttons is broken and the other one is soon to follow, and I can't seem to find any shell replacements other than Ebay. I have a Logitech G9x Mouse that I got from my brother, I never messed with the sensitivity settings before. Before I got out and buy a new mouse with more side buttons :P how do I find out all 6 different sensitivity settings my mouse uses, since it has a button to switch between 6 different settings. Oh and apparently I can't see the mouse when I go into the Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center.
    I was feeling same issue then i realise that my mouse is not matching my speed of gaming so i changed my mouse and this article Best Gaming Mouse help me a lot.

Boycott shampoo! Demand the REAL poo! CrazyJoe's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

I'm with AOD_Entity94 and netsuko on the Corsair M65. I've had mine for a little over a year now. Love this thing.