Criminal Lawyer is a redundancy wootiesmofo's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Default Best wireless headsets?

Ok so I know there are literally THOUSANDS of videos on best this and that but let me explain my personal needs and wants and then maybe some of you have similar interests and you have one you would love to recommend or would buy again at least. Current headset g35 and LOVE the comfort/hate the wire...bad...
    1. Comfort of course is a must.
    2. No static or electronic noises for being wireless/I hear the logitech wireless version of the g35 has a low static sound thats always there.
    3. I'd love a long battery life but if I can also plug it into a cable just to charge it on a long session thats ok too.
    4.sound is important to me but the whole real surround sound vs fake crap does not really matter alot, I want and need great quality sound of course but I'm also 50%deaf in my left ear and 20% deaf in my right ear soooo you can see why this is lower on the list for me personally.
    5. Gotta have a decent mic obviously, heard some mics have terrible popping ect.
    Again just want to know what this community personally has tried and liked or even got and hated, I know nothing is perfect out there and where I live there is no place to go try stuff out like some bigger city areas have. Also I'm looking at the A50 and obviously it's a big flashy name and so on so forth so, is it all hype or maybe make the plunge? Any info is helpful so thanks in advance.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

My recommendation is to buy a set without mic and definitely no bluetooth.

Why not bluetooth?
    - Generally RF has better sound quality than bluetooth. Bluetooth headphones are ussually better for use with cell phones.
    - If you get a bluetooth headset with a mic you might have issues with sound quality when you are using the mic (because of the maximum traffic between the headset and the PC)
    - Connection to the PC might also be annoying (you might have to change default output every time you start them)
    The headset I bought as a gift for my brother had the mentioned issues. Granted it was not a top of the line expensive pair...

Disadvantage of RF headsets vs bluetooth:
    - You may have interference with other wireless devices but you do get 2 or more frequencies that the headset can use if you have issues. I didn't have any problem with mine and there are at least ~ 20 wireless networks I can connect to from home + other phones and such

Why without a mic?
    - For bluetooth pair > quality issues as mentioned above
    - If you're using TS as push to talk you're fine with a separate mic with cable

Anyway this is what I use and never wanna go back to wired pair:
    - http://www.sony.com/electronics/head...etails_default
    - 20 cent desk mic :) and with the regular work meetings I join from work everybody said that I sound crystal clear
    P.S: I find this Sony headset to be one of the most if not the most comfortable headset I tried on

Nuke it from orbit, it's the only way to be sure. Crymic's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

I'm using the g933 from Logitech, it's overall great quality but the mic functionality could be better. Sometimes the mic it will stop working if I leave the headset on for a period of time. I gotta yank out the usb receiver to get it to work again. That's the issue I've had with it.

Criminal Lawyer is a redundancy wootiesmofo's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Thanks for the replies, I'm afraid open mic is something I have to do quite a bit with a few games I play, so desk ptt mic is not a option for me, might have narrowed it down to g933 or the steelseries 800 though, thanks for the input on your 933, how often does the mic disconnect?

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Default Wireless Headset

Howdy,
    I have traveled down the very long road of wireless headset for a number of years. The pro's with the G933 is the Range over your standard Bluetooth, I have found with the G933 i can go about twice the distance over my current astro a40's. The g933 were very nice and always put a smile on my face, when i wore them. At this point compared to steel-series or astro they are dated headsets, in terms of functions and sound quality. The G933 are continent but get no where near loud enough for my liking. The major difference between the Logitech and steel-series, is the ability to control team-speak volume vs the game. So how astro / steel-series work your computer actually see's 2 different sound devices and you bind 1 of those to team-speak only. This give you the ability to control your game volume / team-speak volume on the fly. This is a life changing ability as we all know how annoying it is to get that balance right. The astro mix amp will the the loudest out of the three, but the steel-series is a good choice. I would have to recommend the astro over all, as you can still use you headset that you like and when you upgrade in the future you not stuck to the same wireless headset.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Astro-A40-Ga...IAAOSwB-1Ypnfp