Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Default Metalheads out there?

Hey everyone! Recently rejoined the clan and a clearly a lot has changed around here. I guess we don't have a specific place to talk about music anymore.

I get into a rut with my music selection very easily. I put a couple songs from a couple bands on repeat for my work day and I am looking to fix that. Any metal fans in AOD that can throw some good suggestions at me so I can add some "new" bands into my mix? For reference, my current rotation consists of Once Human (if you haven't checked out their new album, IMO it's already in the running for one of the top spots in metal releases 2017), Meshuggah, Paradise Lost, Bloodbath, Behemoth, Gojira, and Ahab. IDK why, but that's my current most played. Please help me break this mold by throwing me awesome brutal bands my way.

Thanks in advance!

The Token Staff Sergeant Master Butters's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

I don't know about brutal stuff, but Fair to Midland has been my favorite band for years.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Most of what I listen to isn't extremely brutal, but a few I like that weren't mentioned are Disturbed, Thy Art Is Murder, Shokran, White Chapel, and Lamb of God. Disturbed and Shokran are two of my favorites, the others only have a couple of songs I like.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Okay so fuck yes nice to meet you! I'm a huge metal head. I see you like Behemoth, so I assume you enjoy black metal which I have quite a few bands. One good one would be the people in my picture. MGLA, their Exercises in Futility album is a must to any collection. Another is Taake, VERY good sound production and good music all around. If you're looking for grind core look at Cattle Decapitation, their recent album is an absolute killer! If you want more just hmu, I'd be glad to provide more!

Ditch the shampoo, demand the real poo! Neogreenyew's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Less heavy but lately been listening to Mastodon and watching a shitload of Metalocalypse lately.
    Other than that I jam to Soilwork, In Flames, Obscure Sphinx, and other bands similar to them.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_thebrogen View Post
    Okay so fuck yes nice to meet you! I'm a huge metal head. I see you like Behemoth, so I assume you enjoy black metal which I have quite a few bands. One good one would be the people in my picture. MGLA, their Exercises in Futility album is a must to any collection. Another is Taake, VERY good sound production and good music all around. If you're looking for grind core look at Cattle Decapitation, their recent album is an absolute killer! If you want more just hmu, I'd be glad to provide more!
    Thanks man! I'll look into MGLA. I already know that I enjoy Taake so I might go down that rabbit hole and see what bands I end up with after the day's done. If you discover any other bands I might be interested in hit me up. I go through a ton of music when I work so every recommendation helps get through a day.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Have you tried Taylor Swift? Shits the most brutal and extreme shit you'll find! Hahaha! Not a big brutal fan myself but I do like metal. Soulfly is one band that comes to mind though

If I'm not back in 5....wait longer! AOD Member AOD_majstingray's Avatar
    Rank
    Cadet
    Division
    Battlefield
    Status
    Active

I don't listen to metal a lot but one band that a friend of mine in high school loved is a band called Suidakra they are melodic death metal from Germany I became a fan of them although I haven't listened to them in a while I think I will again

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_kiger78 View Post
    Have you tried Taylor Swift? Shits the most brutal and extreme shit you'll find! Hahaha! Not a big brutal fan myself but I do like metal. Soulfly is one band that comes to mind though
    any band with max is good! i like Cavalera Conspiracy more than Soulfy but that's just taste.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

If you like brutal go check out Decapitated, really awesome death metal band, awesome riffs, magical drums perfectly orchestrated bass
    this is one of my all time favorites (sound quality is a bit shitty, sorry)

Ditch the shampoo, demand the real poo! Neogreenyew's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

I love this whole album but the linked song is pretty good

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_Xanatos View Post
    Thanks man! I'll look into MGLA. I already know that I enjoy Taake so I might go down that rabbit hole and see what bands I end up with after the day's done. If you discover any other bands I might be interested in hit me up. I go through a ton of music when I work so every recommendation helps get through a day.
    Batushka is another MUST if you like Taake.

I also enjoy this album:

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_thebrogen View Post
    Batushka is another MUST if you like Taake.

I also enjoy this album:
    Oh wow, Todbringer is really good! I've seen that album art before but never listened to it. The instruments are a bit too crisp at times, but besides that it reminds me of Burzum which is another one of my favorites.

Here is an album I ran across the other day. I had forgotten about Gorgoroth but I have gotten addicted to this album the past few days.

Keep'em coming guys! I even appreciate the Taylor Swift meme. :)

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Two more bands I love: