Did you hit him? Did you hit him again? Samiam_Jr's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Default Programs and what not freeze

SO I have been gone for two years and my computer has been off for that entire time.

I have two issues (don't know if they are related or not).
    The first is that at random times programs (The internet, videos, and what not) will freeze for a few seconds. The sound keeps going, and sometimes the mouse does too. I am not sure what it is.

The second problem is my computer is only reading 1 stick of ram instead of two...

I have an:
    Windows 7
    Intel I5 Quad core
    Nvidia Geforce GTZ 770 2 GB
    16 GB of ram (Only 8 showing up)
    500 GB SSD
    2 TB HDD

I have been updating all of my drivers and systems. I have uninstalled a ton of games too... I have not updated or installed any new ones.
    I have tested both the CPU and the GPU and they are both doing great (Or so the test say)
    Not to sure what is going on, I have searched over the interweb to try and trouble shoot it but I have not been able to get it better yet.

Any ideas?

Did you hit him? Did you hit him again? Samiam_Jr's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Ram is not an issue now, I just reseated it for a second time and now it is all there.

Okay, who put a stop payment on my reality check? AOD_Sterben026's Avatar
    Rank
    Sergeant
    Division
    Helldivers
    Status
    Active

For the video freezing it could be a virus or a driver out of date maybe check your java or Adobe flash player it can be any number of thing

For your memory it could be the version of Windows 7 that only recognizes 8 gigs or in some cases if the copy isn't legit it limits ram now you also have 1 more thing I can think of if you have 4 slots for ram try making sure the ram is in the correct spaces like a stick every other slot or change up the slots maybe the slot is bad.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk