Did you see that?! There it goes again! AOD Member AOD_SraistersOP's Avatar
    Rank
    Private First Class
    Division
    PlanetSide
    Status
    Active

Default 1080 Ti owners!

Alright so i am planning on maybe getting a 1080 Ti just as a graduation gift and would like to hear some opionnions of some of you guys whom have a 1080 Ti
    Like wich brand card do you have and some honest opinnions about pros and cons if there is any.
    Was thinking some like Gigabyte or Asus but opinnions are preciated!

Boycott shampoo! Demand the REAL poo! Boba's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

I got the EVGA SC2. It's been great and has 9 temperature sensors which isn't necessary but is interesting to see. My temps under full load are around 70c. Reviews will tell you there's not a lot of difference in performance from brand to brand so go with whatever brand you prefer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#Hainzy's Cat

Rank
    Master Sergeant
    Division
    Helldivers
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_Boba View Post
    I got the EVGA SC2. It's been great and has 9 temperature sensors which isn't necessary but is interesting to see. My temps under full load are around 70c. Reviews will tell you there's not a lot of difference in performance from brand to brand so go with whatever brand you prefer.

This is exactly what I would say as well, I tested the EVGA 1080ti and enjoyed it but I decided on the ASUS Strix 1080ti because it matched by board and the rest of the setup, the strix runs at about 67c under full load and my evga card was running around 71 so really not a huge difference. I am an ASUS guy never had any issues with anything from them.

I can't feel my fingers.

Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue BumbleBeeTuna's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

I got the MSI 1080ti....it runs great....under full load with 80% fan it never goes above 65degrees

#Hainzy's Cat

Rank
    Master Sergeant
    Division
    Helldivers
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_BumbleBeeTuna View Post
    I got the MSI 1080ti....it runs great....under full load with 80% fan it never goes above 65degrees
    There is no way that thing is under full load at 80% fan speed running that cool, the strix has been proven to be the coolest card in the world currently for the 1080ti. What I mean by under full load isn't in a game, I mean running a torture test with 3D mark with the card overclocked to a good number and not stock out of the box. If you have an msi card that runs that low you got the best card they have ever made man, that thing should run around 76-78 on full load with an overclock.

I can't feel my fingers.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_SraistersOP View Post
    Alright so i am planning on maybe getting a 1080 Ti just as a graduation gift and would like to hear some opionnions of some of you guys whom have a 1080 Ti
    Like wich brand card do you have and some honest opinnions about pros and cons if there is any.
    Was thinking some like Gigabyte or Asus but opinnions are preciated!
    It doesn't really matter which brand when it comes to performance. They all perform identical. What matters here is Temperature and Noise. So far ASUS Strix does both the best.
    So if you don't care about design, temperatures and noise then go with the cheapest you can get.

If I'm not back in 5....wait longer! Zato's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Get 8GB of ram. I'm an EVGA fanboy myself but I concur with Zed's answer.