Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Default Upgraded to EVGA GTX 1070 Superclocked

Hey everyone,

So I upgraded to a 1070 superclocked from a GTX 970 SSC,

Im mainly playing Wildlands right now. Before I was using a mixture of high and medium settings with ReShade installed and getting roughly 55-60fps with little to no stuttering. Now that iVe installed the card, I can run slightly higher but not much. I have a lot of stuttering and the game regularly drops to 35-40fps. I uninstalled the drivers for the 970 before I pulled it out than I put in the 1070 and installed its drivers. Not sure if I am missing something. This is my first GPU upgrade since ive had my computer. Thanks

intel i7 4790k
    PNY XLR8 16 Ram -----PNY XLR8 DDR3 16GB (2x8GB) 1600MHz (PC3-12800) CAS 9 1.5V PC Memory Desktop Kit (MD16384KD3-1600-X9)
    PNY 500 GB SSD
    Gigabyte z97x Gaming 7 mobo
    Corsair CX850m power supply

Im also playing in 1080p on a 144hz monitor

https://www.amazon.com/PNY-1600MHz-P...00D1IUEHW?th=1 link for Ram on Amazon - could this be the issue?

Im not sure if I missed a driver or something somewhere? I went straight to Nvidias website and did the manual search for the 1070. I probably missed something or I thought wrong with how high of settings I can use but the stuttering and constant fps drops are whats bothering me really.
    Thanks guys.

Im on board a sinking ship of misfits. beerddlovliness's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Heres the link for the Ram on Best Buy which is where I bought it from. They look the same lol. Unfortunately there isnt any model number or anything that I can find on the Sticks
    \
    http://www.bestbuy.com/site/pny-2-pa...?skuId=5429124

If you choke a smurf, what color does it turn? ShadowCube's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Those suckers (dimms) are little costly. Probably of such a low CAS latency.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_ShadowCube View Post
    Those suckers (dimms) are little costly. Probably of such a low CAS latency.

so are you suggesting that I upgrade to corsair brand or another? im not even 100% sure how RAM works and such lol .

Thanks

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

If you already bought the RAM, no, you are perfectly fine. I am talking about the CAS Latency because it is so low. But that really doesn't much on RAM unless you are on a Ryzen CPU. It only really matter if your overclocking RAM (And yes, you can overclock RAM)

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_Entity94 View Post
    Hey everyone,

So I upgraded to a 1070 superclocked from a GTX 970 SSC,

Im mainly playing Wildlands right now. Before I was using a mixture of high and medium settings with ReShade installed and getting roughly 55-60fps with little to no stuttering. Now that iVe installed the card, I can run slightly higher but not much. I have a lot of stuttering and the game regularly drops to 35-40fps. I uninstalled the drivers for the 970 before I pulled it out than I put in the 1070 and installed its drivers. Not sure if I am missing something. This is my first GPU upgrade since ive had my computer. Thanks

intel i7 4790k
    PNY XLR8 16 Ram -----PNY XLR8 DDR3 16GB (2x8GB) 1600MHz (PC3-12800) CAS 9 1.5V PC Memory Desktop Kit (MD16384KD3-1600-X9)
    PNY 500 GB SSD
    Gigabyte z97x Gaming 7 mobo
    Corsair CX850m power supply

Im also playing in 1080p on a 144hz monitor

https://www.amazon.com/PNY-1600MHz-P...00D1IUEHW?th=1 link for Ram on Amazon - could this be the issue?

Im not sure if I missed a driver or something somewhere? I went straight to Nvidias website and did the manual search for the 1070. I probably missed something or I thought wrong with how high of settings I can use but the stuttering and constant fps drops are whats bothering me really.
    Thanks guys.
    Did you perform a Clean Driver Install or you used Express Installation?
    That can cause a lot of problems if you use Express Install.

Always install new driver version using "Perform a Clean Driver Installation".

P.S. RAM has nothing to do with FPS and Stuttering unless your system has it enough

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

I always do the clean install choice. I even did it even though I deleted previous drivers. when I did do it, I noticed that it didnt install the Nvidia Control Panel. IDK how it skipped it. So I had to redownload it again.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

I always do the clean install choice. I even did it even though I deleted previous drivers. when I did do it, I noticed that it didnt install the Nvidia Control Panel. IDK how it skipped it. So I had to redownload it again.
    Did you try to run the game without Reshade or reinstall Reshade?
    Technically there should be no problem swapping GPU even without reinstalling drivers. I did upgrade from GTX 970 and GTX 1070 and been running on same drivers for a while until the new driver version got released.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_ZED View Post
    Did you try to run the game without Reshade or reinstall Reshade?
    Technically there should be no problem swapping GPU even without reinstalling drivers. I did upgrade from GTX 970 and GTX 1070 and been running on same drivers for a while until the new driver version got released.
    Yea i uninstalled Reshade. I lowered my vegetation quality which seems to have worked. Idk why I didnt think of that before. I had it on very high settings prior with the 970 but for whatever reason having it on Ultra with 1070 @ 1080 it cant handle it. idk. whatever it seems to work now. I was hoping to play Wildlands on Ultra settings all the way. probably need to upgrade a few other things too.

Thanks for the assist guys.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Yea i uninstalled Reshade. I lowered my vegetation quality which seems to have worked. Idk why I didnt think of that before. I had it on very high settings prior with the 970 but for whatever reason having it on Ultra with 1070 @ 1080 it cant handle it. idk. whatever it seems to work now. I was hoping to play Wildlands on Ultra settings all the way. probably need to upgrade a few other things too.

Thanks for the assist guys.
    Do you have your CPU and GPU OC?

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Do you have your CPU and GPU OC?
    no. I dont even know how to do that lol

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

no. I dont even know how to do that lol
    It's super easy nowadays.

For GPU you can get EVGA Precision X software. http://www.evga.com/precisionxoc/
    For CPU you will need to go into BIOS and play around with BLCK multiplier and or Voltage and or CPU Core Ratio. For the start just change the Core Ratio or your board might have a preloaded performance mode for your CPU.

Also, since you have not overclocked, I assume you have not enabled XMP profile for your RAM. So, your RAM might not be running at 1600 Mhz. You will need to enable XMP profile in the BIOS. Otherwise, it's still running at 1333 Mhz.

When you overclock your PC, don't forget to keep an eye on temperatures on all components.
    Last edited by ZED; 05-22-2017 at 08:34 AM.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

When you overclock your PC, don't forget to keep an eye on temperatures on all components.
    And to stress test after to insure stability