If I'm not back in 5....wait longer! Pdthecliche's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Default Random Questions: Acoustic Guitar Pickup And Small Electric Guitars

So, I know this is random, but is anyone here knowledgeable on add on acoustic pick ups? I'm looking into one that's a piezo pickup, I believe these work off the vibrations of the guitar. Here's the link: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01M1GG05L..._dHLizbZ04CHHX

So would you say a pick up like this is good for moderate use? Basically, just amplifying. I could just get a new acoustic electric, but I have a regular acoustic I really like and I wanna just use that.

Second question, are there any 3/4th size electric guitars under $200 anyone would recommend? If not under $200, then under $300? I'm a small dude, and I have a standard electric, so it's a bit on the AH FUCK side when I play it. That said, I don't play electric that often, so this questions not too important.

Sent from my Z958 using Tapatalk

The Token Staff Sergeant Master Butters's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Why do you need a pickup for your acoustic, if I may ask? Also, I'd recommend checking out videos of how it sounds on YouTube. From the comments alone, it looks like it'll do what its supposed to do, though.

As far as 3/4 size guitars, I'd recommend checking out rondomusic.com and see what they have. I've gotten 2 guitars (A cheap Jackson RR knockoff and a pretty good LP knockoff that's comparable to Gibson quality for ~$400) from them. I still use the LP to this day (I've had it like 7-8 years now, I believe) though it isn't my main guitar anymore since Les Paul style guitars aren't really made for modern metal.

A quick look at their stock and I see these two that may interest you (Don't know what kind of body you're looking for or what style of music you play): http://www.rondomusic.com/product7093.html http://www.rondomusic.com/liquidrn34rpbu.html

If you don't mind the knockoff feel (The bodies mimic popular brand name guitar bodies, but are changed slightly for legal reasons) Rondomusic has some pretty quality stuff. Obviously, if you get the cheap stuff you won't get anything amazing, but it'll be better quality than similarly priced big brand name stuff. My Jackson RR knockoff was around $150 if I remember right (Been like 9-10 years since I got that) played similar to my $300 B.C. Rich Warlock, but it also had a cheap feel to it. Doesn't look too shabby, and for $150 it isn't a bad instrument for beginners. My LP knockoff (They don't have the exact model anymore, mine was the LP3000 and cost around $400) plays pretty good and I've seen it compared favorably to Gibsons. As I said, I don't use it too much anymore since it's not really a metal guitar, but it's still going VERY strong.

If I'm not back in 5....wait longer! Pdthecliche's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Thanks man. I'm getting the pickup for things such as open mic performances and such. I already have an acoustic electric actually, but 1) it's too big for me 2) it's sound is, um, well, average? And I'll take a look at that rondomusic, seems good. Again, thanks man.

Sent from my Z958 using Tapatalk