Bank that dank! AOD Member AOD_deViuz's Avatar
    Rank
    Private First Class
    Division
    Battlefield
    Status
    Active

Default I/O Back plate for Z97 A

So thanks to colonelpanix I can upgrade to a newer improved computer that wont suck how ever he forgot to include the I/O backplate.. How important would yall think it is to have that? Think it would be fine for me to use it with out the I/O plate?

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

That is a radiation shield and a dust shield and a ground source for connections.

If you are using anything with radio waves: then you are risking interference through unshielded areas when frequencies collide.
    If any of your components are pulling air in from the rear: they will pull from this unshielded area and you will need to regularly clean dust from your machine.
    When connecting connections: you will need to touch them to the metal part of the case, or another ground source, before connecting them. This will dissipate any potential difference before they touch your motherboard.

#Hainzy's Cat

Rank
    Master Sergeant
    Division
    Helldivers
    Status
    Active

https://www.ebay.com/p/ASUS-IO-Shiel...USA/1437122271

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I can't feel my fingers.

If I'm not back in 5... Boycott sniffing glue! Can I have your shampoo? Oogieboogie's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Over the years I've had a graveyard of PCs in various states of completeness, and there have been a number of occasions where I/O plates were missing or were warped and didn't fit in a case. I've never had any noticeable issues using a PC without one, even for several years.

I wouldn't worry too much about it, but for the reasons Hymn shared I'd definitely look for a replacement for a mission critical or high end system.