Im on board a sinking ship of misfits. beerddlovliness's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Default Computer Case

Just wondering if you guys had any suggestions for a computer case? I have a full tower Corsair 760t right now and want to down size to a mid tower. Not planning on doing any watercooling except for maybe the H100vi and the evga cooler for the graphics card. I have an ATX board right now. Doubt ill change to bigger or smaller one anytime soon if ever. I was thinking the Corsair 400c or 460, Vengeance C70 , or I saw it on youtube today but the NZXT S340 Elite. Not really picky on colors as long as its not crazy color lol. price range is $170 USD or below. Preferably below but whatever. Nothing more than $200 for sure haha.

Thanks guys

If you choke a smurf, what color does it turn? ShadowCube's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

I would not include the S340 Elite because the P400/P400S Tempered Glass out classes it.
    Check around, I know Salazar Studio (Science Studio) make a comparing an between the two cases.
    Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_Entity94 View Post
    Just wondering if you guys had any suggestions for a computer case? I have a full tower Corsair 760t right now and want to down size to a mid tower. Not planning on doing any watercooling except for maybe the H100vi and the evga cooler for the graphics card. I have an ATX board right now. Doubt ill change to bigger or smaller one anytime soon if ever. I was thinking the Corsair 400c or 460, Vengeance C70 , or I saw it on youtube today but the NZXT S340 Elite. Not really picky on colors as long as its not crazy color lol. price range is $170 USD or below. Preferably below but whatever. Nothing more than $200 for sure haha.

Thanks guys
    Just pick one that suits your needs the most. Keep in mind size of the case and components, make sure that all components will fit in that case.

Personally, I use NZXT h440 and it looks nice and has also good air flow. I get many questions on my channel on how do I get so low temperatures on my CPU and GPU, while both are overclocked.
    IMHO, NZXT S340 is a bit too small and is a pain in the butt to assemble and fit all parts. I built one PC with that case for a friend of mine and used MSI mobo and MSI GPU. It looked nice but was a pain to fit everything inside.

Just a piece of advice, if you are planning to get a CPU cooler like Corsair H100vi or any other AIO then make sure that the case has enough clearance to fit a 240mm or 280mm rad.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

My NZXT h440

Bank that dank! AOD Member AOD_deViuz's Avatar
    Rank
    Private First Class
    Division
    Battlefield
    Status
    Active

Take your time when choosing it bud! You dont wanna be disappointed when you get it na mean? Get as much airflow

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Look no further than the NZXT Phantom 410, or any phantom line for that matter.
    Outstanding build quality and luxurious amounts of room for cable management and upgrades.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_a_goat View Post
    Look no further than the NZXT Phantom 410, or any phantom line for that matter.
    Outstanding build quality and luxurious amounts of room for cable management and upgrades.
    That one looks too "arcadey" if you get what I mean. lol. I dont like the front design and I am thinking of getting one without the drive bays for Disc drives. or at least one where they are easily removable by just pulling em out or drilling out the rivets if it has those. I think im going to go to a semi local (2 hours away) frys electronics and look around a bit at both parts and a case.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

That one looks too "arcadey" if you get what I mean. lol. I dont like the front design and I am thinking of getting one without the drive bays for Disc drives. or at least one where they are easily removable by just pulling em out or drilling out the rivets if it has those. I think im going to go to a semi local (2 hours away) frys electronics and look around a bit at both parts and a case.
    That's the best way to do it, decide in person.

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

I'm not as good as Seaotter but I can swim better than Seaotter and I'm a watch! Rolex2988's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Fractal Design R5 is really nice case plus not too expensive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

NZXT h440 has very easily removable drive bay drives. I have 4 drives: x2 SSD and x2 HDD. The SSD are placed on top of the PSU cover as you can see in the picture and the HDDs are placed on the right side below the HDD. So, I removed 3 bay drives above and there is tons of space left. Also, cable management is fantastic in this case and the airflow is great:
    Has 3 fans on the front pulling air in and 1 fan at the back pushing air out. Also, I mounted Corsair H110i on the top of the case and directed the fans to pull fresh air from the top and push through the radiator - works really well to keep that i7 7700k really cool at 4.8 Ghz (between 55C - 65C) and the GPU between 60C and 65C (GTX 1070 OC 2050 Mhz Core and 8400 Mhz Memory).

And yeah, seeing some cases in person is the best idea. That's what I did when I was picking out this case. I'm sure there are nice and cool newer models out there.

Let the bodies hit the floor... Opokalipse's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

i like antec simply cus they send you parts for free if they have extra :)

Boycott shampoo! Demand the REAL poo! AOD Member AOD_thedirtnap's Avatar
    Rank
    Private First Class
    Division
    Battlefield
    Status
    Active

I've geeked out to most everything Fractal puts out. I've not seen a better designed case. I've got an old school NZXT on my son's PC, and I'm also a fan of them.

Don't piss me off! I'm running out of places to hide the bodies
    Rank
    Sergeant
    Division
    Battlefield
    Status
    Active

Hi I'm new around here.

I'm having to re write this post because when I tried to attach a picture I ended up deleting my post. I give Phanteks a look over if you are still shopping for a case, I find the build quality is on par with the Lian Li I had years ago. I got the tempered glass edition so I can look at all the parts I blew my money on. I will try to add picture when i figure out how, it's a beauty.

It's 179 now but I could have sworn i paid 149 for it.
    https://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...B&gclsrc=aw.ds

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

I went to Frys today. Was stuck between the Corsair 570 RGB Tempered glass case, the Corsair 400C, and the NZXT S340. I ended up going with the S340. THe price was good , $75 USD after Tax. Its all metal construction which is nice. The issue I had with the 2 corsair ones was the 400C was $100 USD total before tax and it wasnt much bigger than the S340. I didnt go with the 570 because while the all glass sides are nice, I dont put my computer on display for people to see so I half ass the cable management. THe price was also way too expensive for what it was. $170 USD.

There is a few things I dont like about the S340

1) The cable management bar - its a nice feature I guess but my power connector for the mobo has to be stuck out alot because I didnt like the amount of pressure that the bar was pushing against on the board. Hard to explain in words. Will try to get a picture soon.
    2) The SSD caddys on the power supply shroud are nice but you would have to buy a power connector and sata connector that arent right angle or have multiple leads coming off of them. The cord bends and puts pressure on the rear of the SSD because they are flat on the shroud.
    3) My last gripe is that I have a 1070, the PCI expansion bays on the back seem too small for the actual video card - the bracket above seems to low to it sits right above the 3 display port slots and HDMI slot. I only use one monitor right now so I doubt it will be an issue. Otherwise I didnt have any issues with the case and these are all minor ones that can be fixed relatively easily.

I borrowed on of my fans off my Corsair 760t case and through it on the front of the case so it has some air coming in as well as the 2 exhaust fans they included. Seems to be fine so far. Guess time will tell. For being smaller than the 760 it is a lot heavier too. Guess metal will do that compared to the all plastic of the corsair lol. anyways im happy so far and it was under $100 so im fine if I end up not liking it in the future.

Thanks for the assistance guys.!!

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

1) The cable management bar - its a nice feature I guess but my power connector for the mobo has to be stuck out alot because I didnt like the amount of pressure that the bar was pushing against on the board. Hard to explain in words. Will try to get a picture soon.
    2) The SSD caddys on the power supply shroud are nice but you would have to buy a power connector and sata connector that arent right angle or have multiple leads coming off of them. The cord bends and puts pressure on the rear of the SSD because they are flat on the shroud.
    3) My last gripe is that I have a 1070, the PCI expansion bays on the back seem too small for the actual video card - the bracket above seems to low to it sits right above the 3 display port slots and HDMI slot. I only use one monitor right now so I doubt it will be an issue. Otherwise I didnt have any issues with the case and these are all minor ones that can be fixed relatively easily.

.!!
    Exactly what I was warning you about the s340 and that's why suggested a bigger brother h440 to save you from that small headache.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Here are some pictures with s340 build that I did for a friend of mine.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_ZED View Post
    Exactly what I was warning you about the s340 and that's why suggested a bigger brother h440 to save you from that small headache.
    I kind of figured it would be an issue. I dont have custom cables that are a bit more spread out - they are all one bundle like normal. Its fine now though. THanks for the help though. Frys didnt have an H440 in stock and I dont think I would have liked the front of it - that angle they have. Im very picky. lol.