Of course I talk to myself. Sometimes I need expert advice. Lt_FellaWhite's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Default =July War Thunder Contest=

NEW CONTEST FOR JULY!!!!

This month we will be having a very fun contest that all of AOD will be able to see! Our wonderful promotion list, created by Chandler, features a unique short funny story and we want to give YOU the chance to write it for the next month.

RULES

The short story must be under 1000 words.

-------------------------------------------------------------

The story may not violate the CoC (obviously)

All stories must be submitted one week prior to the next division meeting.

No posting negative comments on someone's story

Division Leadership reserves the right to make minor changes to the winning story to better fit the newsletter.

Winners will be decided by a poll and the winner will be in the next newsletter!

Good Luck!
    Last edited by Lt_FellaWhite; 07-21-2017 at 08:12 PM. Reason: Updated Rules

And the Ranger's aim was deadly with the Big Iron on his hip Spudbob's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

I suggest Authors make a new thread for the stories, and put =1K PROMOTION STORY= in front to signify what it is. It keeps this thread clean, and allows for Q&A here, while people can post and comment on stories separately in their own threads.

That being said, I'm entering!

Of course I talk to myself. Sometimes I need expert advice. Lt_FellaWhite's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_Spudbob View Post
    I suggest Authors make a new thread for the stories, and put =1K PROMOTION STORY= in front to signify what it is. It keeps this thread clean, and allows for Q&A here, while people can post and comment on stories separately in their own threads.
    Good point Spud. I wouldn't necessarily recommend posting a new thread for each story though. For right now just post the stories here until we can figure out a more definite place to put them.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Senpai noticed me!

XD, yeah, sure. I'll post my 26 letters here. In varying orders, of course. ^-^

If you choke a smurf, what color does it turn? Chandler's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

This'll be fun.. I hope to get a story about Water Bottle Ninjas saving a bunch of hotdog's from a burning building... It'll be set in the late 1970's in Florida.

No but seriously, I'm sure we'll get some amazing responses

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_Chandler View Post
    This'll be fun.. I hope to get a story about Water Bottle Ninjas saving a bunch of hotdog's from a burning building... It'll be set in the late 1970's in Florida.

No but seriously, I'm sure we'll get some amazing responses
    Chandler, the caveat is you, Rubble and I cannot win because we know that we'd win anyways lol. We can still submit entries though. I'm finally going to be able to do my time traveling lightbulb story!

You are depriving some poor village of its idiot HolyPrinze's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

yay i can do my retirement squad story woot woot

Can I have your Tots BaoSanniang's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

What day will this contest take place and what time? Maybe I missed it alredy?

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_BaoSanniang View Post
    What day will this contest take place and what time? Maybe I missed it alredy?
    This takes place all month. at any time, post in this thread.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

My Entry!: The Wrong Carrier - 749 Words - Please, do excuse the language. This is a Marine we're talking about. He's not going to have the mouth of a 9-year-old.

Dammit, he'd done it again. Lieutenant Frank Eisen sighed as he recalled the day in excruciating detail. It had started like any other, bright and blue. It was 1952, and he was just off the coast of Korea. He was a fighter pilot in VMF 13. Largely considered the worst pilots in the Navy, where all the stupid or risk-taking pilots ended up, ones who held no regard for the rules, and made problems for upper Brass. It annoyed him to no end, being stuck with the rookies and idiots who passed flying school. But what had really made his day was his return. Often, carriers looked alike, almost too alike, and it was hard to distinguish the USS Jarvis from the USS Palmyra. Especially at a distance. And, of course, both held Corsair-flying VMFs, so planes were not an easy thing to distinguish either. With a sigh, Lt Eisen rolled left, heading for his carrier, the USS Palmyra. Except when he landed (and he was always the last to land, a trait that he relished as a leader) and popped open the canopy. He began complaining, "Those shitsuckers just don't know when to fucking quit," he muttered pulling off his helmet and putting his hands on the lip of the cockpit to pull himself out. "I must have 13 thousand shitting holes in my fucking plane!" he growled, standing upright. "Alright, Jimmy, let's see you... work on... this..." he stalled. He finally caught a look of the faces who shared the deck with him. "You're.... not my regular crew..." He asked slowly as his hand crept up to his face and slid down it. He did not need this today. "Fuck." He slid down into his seat, popped the canopy down, and radioed for permission to take off. The petty officer in the tower snickered as he was denied. The grumpy Lieutenant sat there for a fucking hour while the crew took their own sick sense of justice. Of course, they fixed his plane as well, since it'd be rude to have to fly over to another carrier when you're missing some parts, but Frank knew what he would be getting into when he reported back. Finally, the snickering air traffic controller gave him clearance to take off, and they hooked his plane up to the catapult system. A couple minutes later, and he was in the air, making passes over his carrier, acting like a good sport. He knew the crew on the Jarvis would be watching. Maybe they'd relent a bit next time. Finally, after nearly running out of fuel and a hurried landing, Frank popped open the cockpit and climbed out. A couple of his squadmates tried to talk to him normally, but he could see them hiding grins and laughs. "So, uh, what *snicker* what happened to your plane? Those Koreans didn't *snicker* get ahold it, did they?" Frank gave them the dirty eye, and called for some soapy water and a scrubbie. All over his corsair was white marker, used normally to mark out bad pieces, and write on planes needing repairs. And mock whomever landed on the wrong carrier, like our hero. All over his plane, words like, 'Swiss Eisen' and 'Wrong again!' were written in white marker, arrows, and even a drawing of a naked lady. Ew. Even on the underside of his plane, Frank could see flashes of the silently mocking marker. A deep sigh was let loose from the man as he dipped the scrub brush in the water, and began his long tedious punishment. At least the marker came off easily. There was marker everywhere, even under the radiator flaps, which had partially melted on in the heat. With a multitude of curse words, the pilot pushed hard into the melted on marker, giving himself the hint of a smile as he noticed it relenting it's hard-won spot. He finished the underside of the wings just as the sun was turning orange, and the sky shone the deep hot colors he always loved at sunset. It was almost dark by the time the corsair was fully cleaned and stored, ready to be worked on and fixed for the next day's sortie. Frank retreated to his quarters, which he shared with his wingman, a Lieutenant of the Junior Grade. Thought himself a funnyman, too, and when Frank had undressed and reached his bed, he found something that bothered him. A White Marker.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Default Fella's Submission That Can't Win

Woman Eats Time Traveling Lightbulb

Last Thursday at approximately 31:66 PM local time, local woman C.H. Andler spotted a suspicious light bulb wearing a trench coat. Believing it to have illegally time traveled from the future, Ms. Andler attacked and ate it, which proved her suspicions.

A bystander who witnessed the event stated, "My socks got in a snowball fight with a desk lamp last week." Another bystander was asked for comment, but didn't respond. It was later discovered reporters were talking to a fire hydrant.

Officials urge the public to be vigilant in these light times, and to strive to remove the lightbulbs so we can return to dark times.

Ms. Andler herself stated, "I'm just happy I was there so I could do my duty to serve our Steam Engine Overlords."

If you choke a smurf, what color does it turn? Chandler's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Fella, every time I read one of your stories I either cry or laugh.... You didn't fail me this time

I rate this 9/10

For Sale: Parachute. Only used once, never opened, small stain AOD_Whaleco's Avatar
    Rank
    Sergeant
    Division
    War Thunder
    Status
    Active

Bump!

More stories plze! :)
    War Thunder

If you ain't makin' waves, you ain't kickin' hard enough! BoomBoomStick's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

come on people start writing some fun stories

If you ain't makin' waves, you ain't kickin' hard enough! BoomBoomStick's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Bumb

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Bumb

If I'm not back in 5....wait longer! alpha1272's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

pickles found smuggled into space
    Dec 18 1944- The we-arrr-german-hail-us gang was found smuggling pickles into space by the friendly brits in their so called "Space Fires". The WAGHU gang Is being charged with illegally taking said pickles up into space with their experimental rocket (Me-163) and making the British pilots climb that high.

May 6 1945 - WAGHU evades custody and heads back to Germany to try and save themselves. They had quite a few members either die or get captured by the flying teacups.

May 7 1945 - WAGHU unconditionally surrenders after getting hit by Twinkies and maple syrup. The people rejoyce!

May 8 1945 - South America just realized what happened...