Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Default im lost..i think its time for a upgrade..

okay..so black desert onlines MIN requirments is a 6GB video card..im running a 960M! for god sakes at 4GB. yet some how i can run it better then a game where requires a minimum of 4GB to run(the hunter call of the wild..I DONT KNOW WHATS GOING ON!. iv tryed everything. i even left my laptop off so it can maybe cool down for a day if maybe over heating was a issue. but NOPE. then i opened up my laptop. to see if maybe dust was some how a issue. NOPE. its clean very little dust. even watched youtube videos on how to maximize FPS rates. did everything. and nothing happens. i even tryed to see if some stuff on task manager while playing the game to see if anything was eating up CPU or memory while playing. and i cant even minimize the game cause it says i dont have a GPU good enough. a LITERAL warning comes up. but i dont understand this at all as my 960m can clearly run better games then call of the wild on low setting just fine. is it time to sell this laptop and upgrade? or does someone have some secret answer to whats my issue.

ps. its worth noting this happens only with steam games. even warthunder get the frame drop. which is NONESENCE as i used to trun that game at high to max with this video card. specs are below.

MSI apacho pro laptop
    Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-5700HQ CPU @ 2.70GHz (8 CPUs), ~2.7GHz
    GTX 960m 4GB
    8GB of ram.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Where are you finding those numbers?

The minimum RAM is 6 GB at most, and 1 GB of video memory or a GTX 650.

Are you trying to run it with the integrated graphics card and not your GTX?

Don't piss me off! I'm running out of places to hide the bodies
    Rank
    Sergeant
    Division
    Battlefield
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_Beavery1 View Post

Are you trying to run it with the integrated graphics card and not your GTX?
    That was going to be my question, I'm not sure if your laptop has a switch that allows you to run on the IGU or not but if you were on that it could cause some kind if warning. I would head over to NotebookReview forums and see if any fellow MSI owners have any advice. http://forum.notebookreview.com/forums/msi.1015/

I replaced my GT70 on October with a GT73VR and it was a great leap in performance, when you replace yours at some point you will be impressed with the leap the Pascal cards have brought to laptops.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

sorry for late reply. been busy. and i looked at the system req again. and ur right. but no i am not. im using my GTX 960m. again i run black desert online just fine. and i USED to run war thunder at high settings. just fine. but now. im getting lag spikes. and a HUGE FPS drop for 5-15 seconds. then it comes back to normal. i thought maybe my ram was the issue cause my memory was always at like 90%. but i fixed that. and its now always at 30-40% witha max of 65% when playing a game. and NOOOOW. diablo 3 is acting the same way. its like every game i play from a launcher, like steam or battle.net thing. frame rates plummet. and i cant figure out why. iv looked at so many vids. but none have helped. im starting to think it was just cause of a update for windows 10. but there hasnt been a new update since then that would fix this issue. and its been a month. and its only with game on steam or battle.net. black desert runs smooth.

Don't piss me off! I'm running out of places to hide the bodies
    Rank
    Sergeant
    Division
    Battlefield
    Status
    Active

Have you tried to post over at NotebookReview Forums?

Check out the MSI section, I have a GT73VR and I have gotten a lot of help over there. PM there if you need any assistance.

http://forum.notebookreview.com/forums/msi.1015/

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_EL_Rey View Post
    sorry for late reply. been busy. and i looked at the system req again. and ur right. but no i am not. im using my GTX 960m. again i run black desert online just fine. and i USED to run war thunder at high settings. just fine. but now. im getting lag spikes. and a HUGE FPS drop for 5-15 seconds. then it comes back to normal. i thought maybe my ram was the issue cause my memory was always at like 90%. but i fixed that. and its now always at 30-40% witha max of 65% when playing a game. and NOOOOW. diablo 3 is acting the same way. its like every game i play from a launcher, like steam or battle.net thing. frame rates plummet. and i cant figure out why. iv looked at so many vids. but none have helped. im starting to think it was just cause of a update for windows 10. but there hasnt been a new update since then that would fix this issue. and its been a month. and its only with game on steam or battle.net. black desert runs smooth.
    Generally it's better to be giving something more RAM than less, unless you were taking it away from outside programs. If you right click a program on your desktop, do you have the option to "Run with graphics processor"? Does it say if your integrated or NVIDIA is the default graphics card for everything?

When you play a game and notice it happening, press Ctrl + LShift + Esc, it should bring up task manager and immediately prioritize that window.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

no i have it set to use my GTX 960m not the intergrated graphics. and i used the task manager while play. and nothing is out of the ordinary. only thing is my cpu isnt running at full. when i play a game and i check the task manager its always running at like 5% at 1.20 ghz. and right now while typing this. im not playing anything. and its running at 23% at 3.4 ghz. so idk.