I get enough exercise just pushing my luck AOD Member AOD_Suisfonia's Avatar
    Rank
    Lance Corporal
    Division
    Skull and Bones
    Status
    Active

Default Looking for New Joystick/Throttle

So I'm having a hard-time trying to find something that would work for what I intend. Basically, I am looking for a new joystick (and seperate throttle, since I have a hardtime using the throttle if its part of the joystick) for games like Elite Dangerous and other flight based ones. However, all of the articles I'm reading right now keep pointing to joysticks that are six hundred, seven hundred, or more in price and while yes I do have a job, I cant really justify spending that kind of money on something like that. So here I am, asking my fellow members (and those whom are not ;) ) for advice on these.

Basically, I'm after a joystick that has all three axis's but that also has a separate throttle.

For Sale: Parachute. Only used once, never opened, small stain AOD_Whaleco's Avatar
    Rank
    Sergeant
    Division
    War Thunder
    Status
    Active

I have a Thrustmaster m16000 FCS & I'm quite happy with it (use it for Elite Dangerous).
    War Thunder

Boycott shampoo! Demand the REAL poo! DbyMA's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Some months ago, I replaced a very old Saitek Cyborg EVO Force with a Thrustmaster T.Flight HOTAS 4, which does a reasonable job without breaking the bank. So much so, that I recently got a couple of T.Flight HOTAS X for the kids as well. The X is the older cheaper model that works with PC and PS3, while the 4 works with PC and PS4.

Rank
    Lance Corporal
    Division
    Skull and Bones
    Status
    Active

Thanks you two, seems I'll be looking at the Thrustmaster's =)

Can I have your Tots bavaria796's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Yeah the Hotas is really great, I use to play all kinds of sims like FSX and A-10 Warthog etc. and it really is a great and realistic feeling piece of equipment. Also I guess things went vr now but I used a device I forgot the name of it but when you move your head around it pans the cockpit which really added to realism. The only thing with the Hotas was I think I remember the stick will not twist/rotate for yaw, so you need to buy some rudder pedals for that aspect of flight control.

Just ram it till it feels good! Sarikusa's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Might want to look at the X52 Pro as well. It's a solid HOTAS that has enough buttons for Elite and has 3 profiles which you can switch on the stick. Bavaria is talking about a TrackIR above. It provides the free look when you move you head and can be mounted to a baseball cap or the side of your headset. Stay away from the X56 Rhino. I looks great on paper, but the myriad of issues it has out of the box and not long after make it a big gamble. Hope this helps!

Knee High to a Worms Ass migery45's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Another buddy here is recommending the T.Flight HOTAS 4 as well.

Rank
    Lance Corporal
    Division
    Skull and Bones
    Status
    Active

Considering I use Vive for E:D, the TrackIR doesn't really work. Anywho, I decided to go with this: http://www.thrustmaster.com/en_US/pr...cs-flight-pack

Once a BF1 pilot now a BFV gun master! kitten like reflexes AOD Member AOD_Heller222's Avatar
    Rank
    Private First Class
    Division
    Battlefield
    Status
    Active

I know you said that you wanted the throttle seprate but look up the "logitec Extreme 3D Pro" for $30.00-$40.00 CAD... Or where ever you live

Sent from my LG-K210 using Tapatalk

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Ps4 joystick is the best for Pc

The only full truth in life, is Death. Symsyr's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

https://www.amazon.com/Thrustmaster-...ST3NJ6PFAZST0T

For a normal HOTAS setup, that one is probably the best for the money. I used to have one but I moved to using 2 of these: https://www.amazon.com/Mad-Catz-V-1-...g+flight+stick