Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_sNaKe View Post
    I can't order from Amazon as she is travelling around Florida and in the UK is $100 more expensive. I'll figure something out.
    Keep in mind that prices you see in USA and Canada are without taxes (I believe VAT in the UK).

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Vega is a lot over the budget. Apparently, I have a friend in Florida until the end of the week I think and I could ask her to buy/collect the GPU for me. For those in the US I have a question: do you know any stores from where she can buy it? I would prefere to pay for it so she would only need to collect it. The only one I know is Best Buy and they don't have it for collection.
    As Zed said, you will need to pay 20% VAT on imported goods to the UK.

And you will have a US warranty.
    Last edited by Hymn; 08-16-2017 at 11:40 AM.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_Hymn View Post
    As Zed said, you will need to pay 20% VAT on imported goods to the UK.
    If he orders himself then yes but if a friend buys then a friend will have to pay tax in Florida. I believe it is 6%? Correct me if I'm wrong.
    Either way, I don't think it is worth the hassle to save 50 GBP.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Also, I think it is worth saving extra 100 GBP and get an EVGA GTX 1070 for 399 GBP on amzon.co.uk
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/d/bce/EVGA-...words=gtx+1070

For extra 100 GBP you get extra 40% of performance
    http://gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare...6GB/3609vs3639

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

What i really suggest is the GTX 1060

Don't piss me off! I'm running out of places to hide the bodies sNaKe's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

After researching monitors and raising the price limit on them I decided to put it aside and get a new GPU first, so I am willing to spend a little bit more on it. At the moment my top 3 (random order) are the following but if you have any suggestion they would be much appreciated

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Gigabyte-Nv...&keywords=1070
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/EVGA-GeForc...&keywords=1070
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/ASUS-Strix-...&keywords=1070

I don't know in-depth stuff about graphic cards so some feedback&suggestions would be great. Any cheaper alternatives a

Thanks!

I have come to terms with the fact that I am cannon fodder. Cyrihs's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

I'd recommend the 1060 6GB if price is still a factor. As for distributor, go with the one with the best warranty. Otherwise they are very similar.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

After researching monitors and raising the price limit on them I decided to put it aside and get a new GPU first, so I am willing to spend a little bit more on it. At the moment my top 3 (random order) are the following but if you have any suggestion they would be much appreciated

I don't know in-depth stuff about graphic cards so some feedback&suggestions would be great. Any cheaper alternatives a

Thanks!
    They will all perform identical once you overclock. The core difference will be cooling solutions. ASUS will have best cooling out of these three.
    I have ASUS Strix ROG GTX 1070 overclocked to 2050 Mhz Core Clock and 8400 Mhz Memory Clock and I can guarantee that the temps will not go up beyond 65C at 45% fan speed. Cool GPU and low noise level. Also, out of all of them it is the most sexy looking like (the backplate has RGB logo as well):
    More details in this video at 1:09

Oops. My brain just hit a bad sector effectiv's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Default New Graphic card

Thanks!
    I agree with what Zed has already said.

Between EVGA, MSI, or ASUS, you're getting a good product that is essentially the same. Paying extra for overclocked versions is sort of a waste unless they have a better cooling solution. You can always OC. A product that has a slight OC isn't usually worth the price because you can do it yourself in a matter of minutes.

With that said I'd look at the warranty over any of the specs. I absolutely hated ASUS' customer support, but that was years ago and they could have changed. I haven't had a problem with MSI, so I can't shed light on theirs, but I like their products, and EVGA is top notch when it comes to service.

It seems like you've decided on a 1070. Pick one with a good manufacturer reputation that will look good inside your case and call it a day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_effectiv View Post

I absolutely hated ASUS' customer support, but that was years ago and they could have changed.
    I'm not sure how long ago you had experienced that and also in what region but I can confirm that ASUS customer service here in Canada is awesome. Although, I've contacted them only once back in 2014 and my friend contacted them this year a few month ago to fix his damaged ASUS Zenfone that he dropped and destroyed the screen (they were awesome to help and replace it).

Although, ASUS has been sturdy for me and in 15 years of using their products I had to contact them only once.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Default New Graphic card

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_ZED View Post
    I'm not sure how long ago you had experienced that and also in what region but I can confirm that ASUS customer service here in Canada is awesome. Although, I've contacted them only once back in 2014 and my friend contacted them this year a few month ago to fix his damaged ASUS Zenfone that he dropped and destroyed the screen (they were awesome to help and replace it).

Although, ASUS has been sturdy for me and in 15 years of using their products I had to contact them only once.
    Around 2012. Called them, had to fight with a foreign call center about replacing a motherboard with a faulty audio chipset, about 1hr on the phone and they told me I'd be without my motherboard for a minimum of 6 weeks and I'd pay for shipping.

Bought a $40 sound card instead and haven't used an asus motherboard since.
    This was when I lived in Texas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Cool. Thank's for the feedback guys!

Save the whales. Collect the whole set KaosC57's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_DukeCLR View Post
    Here in the USA I would go with EVGA because of their stellar customer support, I have read somewhere that the in other countries it's not as good but I would give them a look. As for the 3GB or 6Gb version? I would say if you are staying at 1080p then the 3Gb would be plenty and you could save $50, the 6Gb would be better for future upgrades. Now if you plan and adding a custom water loop then finding a founders edition card could save you a little more because you wont be paying for the after market cooling solution.

This guy gets into some real detailed info but I would take the time to watch it, it could make you more confident about your choice. The second video has a decent review of different models.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpb6qaH_saQ
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1lLt_fAu-Cs

EVGAs UK product page, looks like there are many that meet you budget.
    https://eu.evga.com/Products/Product...t=GTX+1060+6GB

A common complaint from EVGA is that you must register you product with 30 days to get the warranty.

Happy shopping
    3GB is Nowhere near enough to play 1080p games comfortably. 6GB is close, but nowadays 8GB is even required for some games (Looking at you GTA:V on Ultra...) OP should most certainly pick up a 1060 6GB for the best 1080p experience at his price range.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Didn't take into consideration the 3gb one. I will get a 8gb 1070 in the end.

Save the whales. Collect the whole set KaosC57's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Didn't take into consideration the 3gb one. I will get a 8gb 1070 in the end.
    The 1070 is a great card for 1080p display gaming. It can play pretty much any game on Ultra at 1080p (Except Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands...)

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Ok, so in the end I got about to weeks ago the ASUS STRIX-GTX1070-O8G and for now it is amazing :X So many things lost when you are not playing on Very High/Ultra (especially in Ghost Recon). Love the new GPU! Next stop - a new monitor!

Thank's for all the feedback guys!

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Ok, so in the end I got about to weeks ago the ASUS STRIX-GTX1070-O8G and for now it is amazing :X So many things lost when you are not playing on Very High/Ultra (especially in Ghost Recon). Love the new GPU! Next stop - a new monitor!

Thank's for all the feedback guys!
    Glad you like it. Make sure you go into the Nvidia control panel and make sure everything is set to run at performance. You can turn eye candy on/off in game.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Glad you like it. Make sure you go into the Nvidia control panel and make sure everything is set to run at performance. You can turn eye candy on/off in game.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Cool! I'll check that. Cheers!

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

This lowers texture quality Big time. I use High Quality instead and the impact on performance is minimal but makes textures look a lot better and crispier.
    Also, for each game I have specific settings: Using Game Profile per game.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast