Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Default New Graphic card

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_ZED View Post
    This lowers texture quality Big time. I use High Quality instead and the impact on performance is minimal but makes textures look a lot better and crispier.
    Also, for each game I have specific settings: Using Game Profile per game.
    I’m not so sure it has minimal impact on performance.

My fps dipped hard when I put it on high quality. And almost every other person I know uses high performance as well. I haven’t tested it with my 1070 yet, but I’m pretty sure it will be the same case. TBH I didn’t notice a big difference with it at HQ anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oops. My brain just hit a bad sector effectiv's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_effectiv View Post

My fps dipped hard when I put it on high quality. And almost every other person I know uses high performance as well. I haven’t tested it with my 1070 yet, but I’m pretty sure it will be the same case. TBH I didn’t notice a big difference with it at HQ anyway.

Sorry for the double post, I’m getting ready for work. But I’m interested to try both of the settings out and seeing the impact. I’ll run some benchmarks tonight.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

I have HQ and Clamp for Texture Filtering. Looks great and performs great too.
    Some games may not be that much sensitive to this setting. However, games that have high quality textures difference may be more noticeable. On High Performance textures look more like mushy and smudged out, especially in distance but on HQ they look more crisp.
    Check out here the images:
    http://www.tweakguides.com/NVFORCE_7.html

Btw, this is a really good guide for NVIDIA Control Panel settings. Explains everything in details.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Default New Graphic card

I have HQ and Clamp for Texture Filtering. Looks great and performs great too.
    Some games may not be that much sensitive to this setting. However, games that have high quality textures difference may be more noticeable. On High Performance textures look more like mushy and smudged out, especially in distance but on HQ they look more crisp.
    Check out here the images:
    http://www.tweakguides.com/NVFORCE_7.html

Btw, this is a really good guide for NVIDIA Control Panel settings. Explains everything in details.
    In every test he performed he stated it showed no discernible image difference and in some he noticed about 3-5% fps difference in high performance vs quality. This can go both ways, you can look at it as potentially better image quality for little performance hit or a little more fps for something you’re probably not going to notice. I’d just say keep it at performance unless you get insanely high fps in games. The quality difference is negligible vs potential performance gains. It depends on how the game uses nvidia settings too. Some games bypass it entirely from what I’ve read, but these are mostly older games that I’ve found.

I have profiles set per game though. In games I get 200-300 fps or more I crank up everything. But by default I have it set to performance.

But as a whole, it’s situational. Play around with it in different games and see what works best for you, OP.

Last edited by effectiv; 10-18-2017 at 03:54 PM.

Don't piss me off! I'm running out of places to hide the bodies sNaKe's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Il give it a try after I get a monitor which had over 60 fps:)) still waiting for the prices to drop on the IPS panels. :D in theory it's p plausible for the fps to go down in the detriment of graphics (it's just like the 3 circles of design - quality, fast, cheep - where you can have only 2 99% of the time :)) )Good to have this feedback guys ! Thanks! I'll let you know how it works out for me after the upgrade.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_sNaKe View Post
    Il give it a try after I get a monitor which had over 60 fps:)) still waiting for the prices to drop on the IPS panels. :D in theory it's p plausible for the fps to go down in the detriment of graphics (it's just like the 3 circles of design - quality, fast, cheep - where you can have only 2 99% of the time :)) )Good to have this feedback guys ! Thanks! I'll let you know how it works out for me after the upgrade.
    Fps still gets smoother until you hit like 300-400 then it doesn’t really have an effect. I noticed it even on a 60hz monitor.

Also, more fps helps with input lag. There’s a German guy on YouTube who’s kind of a genius when it comes to any kind of latency that tested it and proved it. Awesome accent lol.

I’m not saying 5% fps gain is going to mean a world of difference, hell, I’m going to go home and try it as soon as I get off work. I’m just a FPS junkie I guess lol.

Save the whales. Collect the whole set KaosC57's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

This lowers texture quality Big time. I use High Quality instead and the impact on performance is minimal but makes textures look a lot better and crispier.
    Also, for each game I have specific settings: Using Game Profile per game.
    I also use Fast Sync and Highest Possible Power for the GPU to always run at it's fastest in games no matter what.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

In every test he performed he stated it showed no discernible image difference and in some he noticed about 3-5% fps difference in high performance vs quality. This can go both ways, you can look at it as potentially better image quality for little performance hit or a little more fps for something you’re probably not going to notice. I’d just say keep it at performance unless you get insanely high fps in games. The quality difference is negligible vs potential performance gains. It depends on how the game uses nvidia settings too. Some games bypass it entirely from what I’ve read, but these are mostly older games that I’ve found.

I have profiles set per game though. In games I get 200-300 fps or more I crank up everything. But by default I have it set to performance.

But as a whole, it’s situational. Play around with it in different games and see what works best for you, OP.

well yeah, he states it is like 3% -5% impact on performance, which is like what, 3 - 5 fps if you hit 100. Imho, that's nothing if I can enjoy better graphics. I've tried High Performance texture quality and they look smudgy compared to High Quality. It might not be so noticeable on a monitor but in VR it is a big difference. For VR you wamt to avoid blurryness. I guess that might be an issue why so many say VR doesn't look great but it looks good enough in my VR headset with my settings. Plus I make sure I hit those 90 FPS for 90 Hz VR refresh rate.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

$319 USD and its on sale right now... https://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...82E16814126113

Asus are pretty good, but it all depends on the computer build as well.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Don't piss me off! I'm running out of places to hide the bodies sNaKe's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Why did we go back to prices?:)) it's a done deal with an amazing 1070. Thanks for all the suggestions regarding the tweaks.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_sNaKe View Post
    Why did we go back to prices?:)) it's a done deal with an amazing 1070. Thanks for all the suggestions regarding the tweaks.
    Yup, 1070 is the best sweet spot for the money/performance.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123