Oops. My brain just hit a bad sector effectiv's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_ZED View Post
    Check out this keyboard. It's a good deal on Amazon now. I've been using Razer BlackWidow for 2 years now and have no issues. Although, I was not a fan of Razer Mamba Tournament Edition mouse, it had tracking issues and was RMA two times, both times they shipped me brand new unit. Razer customer service is awesome but some products might not be perfect. Can't say anything bad about their keyboards, tho.
    https://www.amazon.com/Razer-BlackWi...nical+keyboard
    Razer's Synapse software commonly bricked Blackwidows back in the day through updates, as in like 100% dead in most cases. I'm not sure if they fixed this. Happened to 3 of my Blackwidows before I swore them off. Their mice I've had no problems with. I currently use a Mamba tournament edition and I like it.. within 6 months my G900 got Logitech's infamous double click garbage that they still can't fix after all these years, so I switched back. I will probably buy a corsair mouse if the Mamba gives me issues. It seems like we're on opposite ends of the spectrum lol. Maybe bad batches? Who knows.

Anywho, if you don't care about RGB and need a good keyboard, I used a 2014 Blackwidow stealth for a while. It still operates 3 years later. It's in my PC storage closet as a backup. Getting that for $70 is a really good deal. Blackwidows are tanks. Very sturdy and hard to break, if it doesn't brick itself from a Synapse update. If you can stand the green lighting, I'd say go for it. The Stealth was the only one I owned that didn't brick itself (Owned 1 2013 and 2 2014s before switching to the Stealth).

The Strafe RGB from Corsair is also on a pretty decent sale if you want more customization as far as color goes, and arguably better switches - https://www.amazon.com/Corsair-Mecha...AATVPDKIKX0DER. You can download user-made custom lighting profiles for it, or make your own. Here is an example of a BF1 profile someone made https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EiSpKhUHoQA. That guy has created a lot of really cool lighting profiles for Corsair hardware. They're super easy to download and install and can also replicate over to your other Corsair devices, given they have the same color ranges (most newer ones will).
    Last edited by effectiv; 08-25-2017 at 11:31 AM.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_effectiv View Post
    Razer's Synapse software commonly bricked Blackwidows back in the day through updates, as in like 100% dead in most cases. I'm not sure if they fixed this. Happened to 3 of my Blackwidows before I swore them off. Their mice I've had no problems with. I currently use a Mamba tournament edition and I like it.. within 6 months my G900 got Logitech's infamous double click garbage that they still can't fix after all these years, so I switched back. I will probably buy a corsair mouse if the Mamba gives me issues. It seems like we're on opposite ends of the spectrum lol. Maybe bad batches? Who knows.
    It sounds we are on opposite ends. I've been using BlackWidow (no backlit) since 2015 and never had issues with it even after Synapse updates and always keep drivers and firmware up to date. Although, the Razer Mamba Tournament Edition that I had, was alright at the beginning and then 6 month later it began to give me issues with tracking, like it would become unresponsive for like a second and it was really annoying especially in FPS games. So, I RMA it and got a new unit. I have to admit that the customer service given by Razer was the best I've ever experienced - very professional and fast. So, that new unit was fine for about 2 month and then again same shit began to happen. I discovered that the problem is in the USB cord - the way they implemented. Over time of intensive use the cord begins to wobble inside, which results in loose contact. So, I basically sold the mouse for a very good price and bought myself a Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum RGB, which up until today (more than 6 month) is working perfectly fine.

Either way, Razer looks cool but IMHO is a bit overpriced if you buy their products at regular price. Also, not all their products are quality built. I have Razer Kraken Pro headsets lying around, which I will give away (bare with me, I will be doing a giveaway YouTube video) because I don't like how they sound. Literally those headsets are my first ever gaming headsets/headphones. I always used DJ headphones and external audio interfaces or amplifiers. So, maybe it's bad luck but I will never ever buy "Gaming" headsets again. I rather have a separate high studio quality headphones and a mic, which I have now. You can see it in this video at 0:47

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Either way, Razer looks cool but IMHO is a bit overpriced if you buy their products at regular price. Also, not all their products are quality built. I have Razer Kraken Pro headsets lying around, which I will give away (bare with me, I will be doing a giveaway YouTube video) because I don't like how they sound. Literally those headsets are my first ever gaming headsets/headphones. I always used DJ headphones and external audio interfaces or amplifiers. So, maybe it's bad luck but I will never ever buy "Gaming" headsets again. I rather have a separate high studio quality headphones and a mic, which I have now. You can see it in this video at 0:47
    Yeah I ditched headsets and bought quality headphones as well (Sennheiser) with a condenser microphone. Absolute night and day difference in quality. Games I played for years I went back and was able to hear things I never could or in such better clarity. Don't have an amp yet, but my motherboard has a pretty good audio chipset with a built in amp for higher impedance headphones. I think I'll just get a DAC.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Yeah I ditched headsets and bought quality headphones as well (Sennheiser) with a condenser microphone. Absolute night and day difference in quality. Games I played for years I went back and was able to hear things I never could or in such better clarity. Don't have an amp yet, but my motherboard has a pretty good audio chipset with a built in amp for higher impedance headphones. I think I'll just get a DAC.
    Oh, you are missing so much using the internal audio card. I used to have Gigabyte Z170 Gaming 7 motherboard that had the best internal audio quad chipset from Creative labs in 100 mobo series but the amps were giving issues and Gigabyte did not give a damn fixing that issue. People are still having that issue according to this thread on Gigabyte forums that I opened back in 2015: https://forum.giga-byte.co.uk/index....topic=16850.75. When it was working, the sound was better compared to ASUS Z170 Maximus Viii Hero audio chipset but when I switched to Audio Interface, it was a day and night. Even a $70 Audio Interface will make a huge difference. So, I highly recommend to get one, especially if your Mic has XLR cable.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Oh, you are missing so much using the internal audio card. I used to have Gigabyte Z170 Gaming 7 motherboard that had the best internal audio quad chipset from Creative labs in 100 mobo series but the amps were giving issues and Gigabyte did not give a damn fixing that issue. People are still having that issue according to this thread on Gigabyte forums that I opened back in 2015: https://forum.giga-byte.co.uk/index....topic=16850.75. When it was working, the sound was better compared to ASUS Z170 Maximus Viii Hero audio chipset but when I switched to Audio Interface, it was a day and night. Even a $70 Audio Interface will make a huge difference. So, I highly recommend to get one, especially if your Mic has XLR cable.
    I've been very happy with my onboard audio, but I know that upgrading to an external will get rid of noise at higher volumes and give more freedom to fine tune settings.

Was thinking about this: https://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...-002-_-Product. It has the best 7.1 rendering engine for its price range and will do everything I'd want it to.

Anywho, this thread is about keyboards :P

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

I've been very happy with my onboard audio, but I know that upgrading to an external will get rid of noise at higher volumes and give more freedom to fine tune settings.

Was thinking about this: https://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...-002-_-Product. It has the best 7.1 rendering engine for its price range and will do everything I'd want it to.

I'd rather recommend to get one of these:
    https://www.amazon.com/Steinberg-UR2...udio+interface

https://www.amazon.com/Focusrite-Sca...udio+interface

And use either Software driven Equalizer or Hardware Equalizer if you want to get better quality. I use a software for now "Equalizer APO 1.1" (better than any Creative Labs or whatever internal mobo audio cards come with) but will upgrade to hardware equalizer. That thing you posted is ok but isn't as good as those audio interfaces and IMHO is a bit too expensive for the quality it gives.

Hardware based equalizer example:
    https://www.amazon.com/Behringer-802...ords=behringer

The magic you can do with audio interface + equalizer + XLR mic:

Yeah, we are way off topic here, lol.
    Last edited by ZED; 08-25-2017 at 12:29 PM.

If I'm not back in 5....wait longer! holysinner's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Razer DeathStalker is what I am currently using, bought due to low profile keys. May swap out for a mechanical keyboard before long. Been going through and replacing most of my setup anyways.

Very funny Scotty, now beam down my clothes Freakyfrek's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Check out this keyboard. It's a good deal on Amazon now. I've been using Razer BlackWidow for 2 years now and have no issues. Although, I was not a fan of Razer Mamba Tournament Edition mouse, it had tracking issues and was RMA two times, both times they shipped me brand new unit. Razer customer service is awesome but some products might not be perfect. Can't say anything bad about their keyboards, tho.
    https://www.amazon.com/Razer-BlackWi...nical+keyboard
    I snatched this one up today at Bestbuy on sale. Thanks for the recommendations!

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_Freakyfrek View Post
    I snatched this one up today at Bestbuy on sale. Thanks for the recommendations!
    Cool! Enjoy!

Very funny Scotty, now beam down my clothes Freakyfrek's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Cool! Enjoy!
    Its actually the 2016 version but no biggie :)

Can I have your Tots IMDAFASTIST's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Still using my 8 year old Filco w/blues. Still going strong except for some fraying issues inside the cable itself, but it isn't really an issue unless I'm moving it around. I upgraded to a Corair k70 a couple of years ago but it only lasted me about 1.5 before it got some spillage on it and shorted out. I've also tried several different boards using some of the different custom brands coming out of China that mimic cherry's, and they were all pretty solid, especially at the price point ($30~$40).

Impossible is for the unimaginative Oh_Nomoko's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

I use the g910 Orion Spark. It has the best feeling keys of any keyboard I've ever used.

Once a BF1 pilot now a BFV gun master! kitten like reflexes AOD Member AOD_Heller222's Avatar
    Rank
    Private First Class
    Division
    Battlefield
    Status
    Active

I use a Corsair K70 LUX RGB with cherry mx reds

After the one year in store warrenty it was $240 CAD so not cheap but is a VERY nice keyboard

Sent from my LG-K210 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by AOD_Heller222; 08-29-2017 at 12:44 AM.

Knee High to a Worms Ass steadyhndz's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Func KB-460

At the time when Func was at CES in 2014, they really had a good product to show for both headphones and keyboards. Their headphones were $60, lightweight, had great audio quality, and were built very well as far as materials go. Then they had their keyboard, which had its ups and downs. This isn't the mech that you can fully customize. It uses an unusual size spacebar, and uses a mid-quality board for $120. It also doesn't have the best materials. It's pretty heavy, and it's the materials used for the shell are a dust magnet and very hard to clean.

I like it a lot though. It is a bit loud for MX Reds. Some dampeners would help, but I haven't had the time to get around to that. Aside from those slight downfalls with it, I think Func did an awesome job for a debut mech keyboard. Sucks that they went out of business so quickly as well.

Criminal Lawyer is a redundancy SmokingBarrel's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Right now I got a Corsair K-65. Great little keyboard. I had an original logitech G15 (I think) in which the main keys were worn through. It still worked just fine, but was annoying not being able to read keys.... that my brain memorized 20 years ago. I have a G13 keypad at home, not here in Israel that I really really liked. But as seems very common one of the thumb buttons started getting flaky. I wish they would fix that issue because after using a keypad, I very much miss it. I hardly used the keyboard at all once I got it.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_Symsyr View Post
    i have a g710+ at work with cherry mx brown switches. I love it. I want to get one for home. At home I have a Razer Blackwidow.. I much prefer my logitech.

Cheers love, the cavalry's here! FrozenDroid's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

I use a Corsair Strafe RGB with red switches at home, and for my programming job, I have a Cherry MX Brown keyboard there :)

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

I have a pretty good low profile KB from my asus g752vy-dh78k with upgraded nvm2 connected 512GB samsung 950pro raid0 drives I wouldn't want to use more footprint with another keyboard when this one is so good. Though many prefer mechanical keyboards for typing I find for gaming the main thing is that the keys have minimal depress range to use then.. (don't need to move your fingers too far to make input. for a mouse I stick by my logitech MX master 100% it has the right feel to hold in my hand and feel good and natural. There is a reason I bought it a year ago and its still the badest thing for sale. don't fall for the chinsy razor stuff or flashy gaming mice. get something with very high DPI, feels right in your hands and holds up for battery life (or can recharge on the go)

thats my advice, also I dont mind talking about my laptop.. ;)

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_Firid View Post
    get something with very high DPI
    That's the last thing you would want to do. It's a marketing trick that most people fall for. High DPI does not mean more accuracy and blah, blah stuff that many articles misinform. High DPI on these so called "High DPI" mice is achieved through sensor acceleration, which is the last thing you want to do for FPS games. You want to avoid any mouse acceleration, whether it is hardware based or software based. What you want to look for is NATIVE DPI for the sensor on that specific mouse.

You might have noticed that most eSports professionals use low DPI such as 400 DPI or 800 DPI and there is a reason why. I did my own research and based on my 20 years of experience in PC gaming I can tell that going beyond 1000 DPI on any mouse is where most gamers make a mistake, thus their accuracy isn't the greatest in FPS games. Sure you could go to what feels best for you but I just wanted to point out that High DPI mouse is just a marketing trick.

Save the whales. Collect the whole set KaosC57's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

My personal keyboard count is 3. It might become 2 eventually though.

Keyboard 1: Corsair Strafe with MX Reds and Red LED's. This is a nice board, but the keys have shined over and feel kinda meh. The board itself is also starting to feel the wear with being used for 2 years, and having had a couple too many drinks spilt on it. I expect to sell it for 50 bucks. I paid 100 USD for it, so half off seems reasonable.

Keyboard 2: Magicforce 68 White/Gold with Otemu Blues. This is easily my favorite board of the lineup and what I am using to type with right now. The Otemu Blues are crisp, clicky, and have not seen the wear and tear that my Strafe has. It's also a tiny board, so I can port it around for LAN parties and such.

Keyboard 3: Ibuypower mech with MX Reds. This board I got for free from my roommate, and it's a decent but weird board. The FN and Windows keys are swapped. Which I actually like for gaming because I tend to accidentally hit the Windows Key very often. However, the board is Full Size which takes up way too much space on my desk in College, so it's not worth it.

Current Want Board: Drevo Gramr with Otemu Browns. This board has so many nice features, and it's more compact than a Full-Size but it still manages to have a Number Pad (on a function row, but that's besides the point) and F Keys. And, it's in Black, with White LED's which is probably my favorite style. Whenever I get my first big paycheck from my Campus Job, i'll be picking one of these up from Amazon.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast