Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Don't piss me off! I'm running out of places to hide the bodies sNaKe's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Razer Deathstalker and I love it! Does the job for what I need it, has a nice hand rest... usual stuff :))

If I'm not back in 5....wait longer! Bluebarry's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

I truthfully love the feeling of the Razer Blackwidow. The switches are pretty great. And I believe you can get loud or soft switches.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

The only full truth in life, is Death. Symsyr's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_ZED View Post
    That's the last thing you would want to do. It's a marketing trick that most people fall for. High DPI does not mean more accuracy and blah, blah stuff that many articles misinform. High DPI on these so called "High DPI" mice is achieved through sensor acceleration, which is the last thing you want to do for FPS games. You want to avoid any mouse acceleration, whether it is hardware based or software based. What you want to look for is NATIVE DPI for the sensor on that specific mouse.

You might have noticed that most eSports professionals use low DPI such as 400 DPI or 800 DPI and there is a reason why. I did my own research and based on my 20 years of experience in PC gaming I can tell that going beyond 1000 DPI on any mouse is where most gamers make a mistake, thus their accuracy isn't the greatest in FPS games. Sure you could go to what feels best for you but I just wanted to point out that High DPI mouse is just a marketing trick.
    I'm glad I have a DPI switch on my mouse. Use low to moderate DPI in games, then switch to a higher DPI for work across 3 screens

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

If I'm not back in 5....wait longer! Kelthus's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

I use the Logitech G910 Orion, it is fairly quiet for a mechanical keyboard.

Can I have your Tots Geniusesto's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

corsair k65 rgb cherry mx red its really good keyboard i got it for 90$ thats why i bought it

Criminal Lawyer is a redundancy SmokingBarrel's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_Geniusesto View Post
    corsair k65 rgb cherry mx red its really good keyboard i got it for 90$ thats why i bought it
    I managed to snag it for $49.99 on Christmas!

If I'm not back in 5....wait longer! Bloodling's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

eh Still using the Logitech G15 probable time to upgrade lol

If I'm not back in 5....wait longer! FATHER520's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_Freakyfrek View Post
    All my parts my PC build are on their way, Ive purchased a cheap keyboard to get me going but I would like to buy a nice keyboard for gaming at some point down the road. What do you guys use and recommend?

If I'm not back in 5....wait longer! FATHER520's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

I use Logitech G910 it’s a good keyboard .

Can I have your Tots Bananalyst's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

I use a ducky shine 5 and a filco wood rest. Nothing fancy but works well.

Save the whales. Collect the whole set KaosC57's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Well, Now that I have it in hand and I'm able to use it. I'm gonna give a mini-review of my newest keyboard. The Glorious Master Mechanical Keyboard or GMMK for short.

Now, I don't have any pictures, but this board is gorgeous. It's got a Black Aluminum Body so it's both light and sturdy. The edges are cut so that you can't cut yourself on them and they have a silver color to them making it look really nice.

The main points for buying this keyboard are the easy to use RGB lighting, and the Swappable Mechanical Switches. You can buy any Gateron, Cherry, Kaihl, or Otemu switches that are Plate Mount and just remove the old switches you don't want and replace them. It's super easy to do so with the included on the keyboard Switch/Keycap Remover. The board comes in 2 sizes, but the TKL size isn't out yet, it's simply on Pre-Order and will be shipping out on the 23rd of October. I currently have this board set up with Gateron Black switches which are just heavier Gateron Red Switches, but you can buy the board with any Gateron Switches you'd like, or you can even buy it without switches and buy the switches from another retailer. You can also buy a full set of Keycaps to come with the board in either White or Black. I personally went with Black keycaps.

The Keycaps are Doubleshot ABS caps which while not the best are still pretty good for the ~20$ addition to the price of the board. There's no branding on the board top also. It's one you could easily take to work if you work at a place that you are allowed to BYOD (Bring your own Devices). There is one minor complaint I have about the board and that is you need to look at the manual to figure out what the FN + F Keys do because the supplied keycaps do not have legends for them. But that's only a minor gripe.

The board itself cost about 110 USD for me to purchase due to an easy to obtain Friend Code that takes 15% off of your purchase, and your friend gets 10% of your purchase as a Paypal fund. Pretty nice for you and a buddy because you get the board for 110 USD and he gets 10% of the money you spent for himself!

Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue FogXGunner's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

I use a Merc Stealth by Steel series . Love it. I even bought a spare since they dont make them any more. was debating even buying another possibly if price was right for a new one.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Merc_Stealth_LRG.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	191.2 KB 
ID:	31992

Oops. My brain just hit a bad sector effectiv's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_FogXGunner View Post
    I use a Merc Stealth by Steel series . Love it. I even bought a spare since they dont make them any more. was debating even buying another possibly if price was right for a new one.

Holy cow I haven't seen one of these in forever.

First take the plank out of your own eye.
    Rank
    First Sergeant
    Division
    Helldivers
    Status
    Active

My merc keyboard just died after 10+ years a couple weeks ago... :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Art by Blinix

Thoughts become Actions. Actions become Habits. Habits become Character.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_FogXGunner View Post

I used to use that for several years when I played SW:ToR. It was really nice for MMO gaming due to the side portion that had the number keys in a really small space. It was great, and I really wish that Steelseries would make a new version with a Mechanical main portion and full Prism RGB lighting.

Boycott shampoo! Demand the REAL poo! N3URAL's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_Freakyfrek View Post
    The fact that it's waterproof is awesome. (I've lost two keyboards to "water" spills... one smelled suspiciously like a margarita but I'm sure it was just water)
    The fact that it has a built-in phone holder is either way stupid or the best invention ever (no middle ground I think).
    The fact that I've never heard of the company before is scary, especially if you fall in love with it and the company goes out of business and you have no replacement available (RIP R.A.T. by MadCatz)

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by N3URAL View Post
    The fact that it's waterproof is awesome. (I've lost two keyboards to "water" spills... one smelled suspiciously like a margarita but I'm sure it was just water)
    The fact that it has a built-in phone holder is either way stupid or the best invention ever (no middle ground I think).
    The fact that I've never heard of the company before is scary, especially if you fall in love with it and the company goes out of business and you have no replacement available (RIP R.A.T. by MadCatz)
    That board is pretty much the definition of false advertising. The top part of the product page says it has "Cherry MX Green Equivalent" Switches, but those are just Greetech or Otemu Blue switches, which feel nothing like actual Cherry MX Greens, if anything they feel closer to Cherry MX Blues. Also, that board is far from "Waterproof" Even with those drain holes, you are still going to hit some form of electronics on the board and kill something. Even the keycap advertising is false! Doubleshot ABS is not the best keycap materal possible. Doubleshot PBT is MUCH better than ABS. ABS has a high tendency to shine over, making your caps feel like crap.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_Symsyr View Post
    this is what i use also. I love it

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

I use a Corsair K65 non-rgb version, I needed the space saving that a 10-keyless provides and I personally don't care about RGB since I almost never look at my keyboard while typing.

I am a mass of goosepimples! AOD Member AOD_Paulharmo's Avatar
    Rank
    Cadet
    Division
    Call of Duty
    Status
    Active

I've got a Corsair K70 with Cherry Reds - it's been great. The worst thing about it is that the aluminum bottom plate shows crumbs and looks dirty really fast - but that's a minor complaint in my eyes. Great keyboard for the price point.

Mine is not RGB, but neither is anything else I have on my gaming computer - and I personally like and have room for a keypad. If that's not your thing, then the K65 is TKL as Earthquake said above.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast