https://www.roccat.org/en-US/Product...u-Series/Isku/

Can I have your Tots SuperCat420's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

I use an old MERC Stealth, and will never get rid of it, I love it..the best part for me is the left hand panel keys and large aswd keys. The software is nice too..

Once a BF1 pilot now a BFV gun master! kitten like reflexes AOD Member AOD_Heller222's Avatar
    Rank
    Private First Class
    Division
    Battlefield
    Status
    Active

If you got the pocket the Corsair K70 LUX RGB with Cherry MX red keys is one of the best keyboards out there. P.S. I LOVE THIS KEYBOARD!! Worth the $240 CAD I payed for it well worth the investment!
    https://www.memoryexpress.com/Products/MX63096

Sent from my LG-K210 using Tapatalk

Do your best, every time
    Rank
    Staff Sergeant
    Division
    Battlefield
    Status
    Active

Razer Deathstalker is what I use.

Criminal Lawyer is a redundancy AOD Member AOD_unabonger's Avatar
    Rank
    Private First Class
    Division
    Battlefield
    Status
    Active

Knee High to a Worms Ass Mr.Lou's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Razer Black Widow Chroma, now with a sometimes functional space bar

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Best keyboard to use is a membrane! Silent and works great, cheap too!
    Mines a bit more expensive at $40, because it's LED backlit. If you don't like fancy lights they can be had for less than $10! :o

Once a BF1 pilot now a BFV gun master! kitten like reflexes AOD Member AOD_Heller222's Avatar
    Rank
    Private First Class
    Division
    Battlefield
    Status
    Active

Have you had a mechanical keyboard? Cherry MX keys or just mechanical keys and .P.S my Cherry MX reds don't have a tactical bump so they are quite but loud when bottomed out! They are SOO satisfying!!

Sent from my LG-K210 using Tapatalk

Save the whales. Collect the whole set KaosC57's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_a_goat View Post
    Best keyboard to use is a membrane! Silent and works great, cheap too!
    Mines a bit more expensive at $40, because it's LED backlit. If you don't like fancy lights they can be had for less than $10! :o
    Membrane keyboards are so bad for your hands though. And you type slower too. And, they wear out in about a year of heavy use. 2 years if you are lucky. A good mechanical keyboard is only about 100 USD. And, it will last you for about 5+ years. And, you get an amazing feel too. My Gateron Black switches aren't as quiet as a Membrane board, but with my headphones on I barely hear them when Gaming. Trust me, your hands will fill so much better with a Mechanical than with a Membrane.

Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue NovaG's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Blackwidow Chroma, gotta love those cherry keys.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_KaosC57 View Post
    Membrane keyboards are so bad for your hands though. And you type slower too. And, they wear out in about a year of heavy use. 2 years if you are lucky. A good mechanical keyboard is only about 100 USD. And, it will last you for about 5+ years. And, you get an amazing feel too. My Gateron Black switches aren't as quiet as a Membrane board, but with my headphones on I barely hear them when Gaming. Trust me, your hands will fill so much better with a Mechanical than with a Membrane.
    Nope nope and nope. Not bad for your hands, doesnt affect typing speed, and all membranes don't wear out after a year.

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Nope nope and nope. Not bad for your hands, doesnt affect typing speed, and all membranes don't wear out after a year.

You are incredibly misinformed.

The action of constantly bottoming out and hitting the PCB of the keyboard with a membrane keyboard is basically akin to murdering your hands.

And, yes Mechanical Keyboards do allow you to type faster. The switches have an actuation point that you hit, and then you release, reducing the time taken to hit a key. Membrane boards you must hit the full travel distance in order to press a key.

And for the final point. Most crappy membranes wear out in about a year. I've had several membrane keyboards that have worn out (keys get stuck constantly) in 6 to 8 months. My Merc Stealth was merciful and gave me 3 years before wearing out. But still. They do have a shorter overall lifespan compared to a mechanical keyboard.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

You are incredibly misinformed.

The action of constantly bottoming out and hitting the PCB of the keyboard with a membrane keyboard is basically akin to murdering your hands.

And, yes Mechanical Keyboards do allow you to type faster. The switches have an actuation point that you hit, and then you release, reducing the time taken to hit a key. Membrane boards you must hit the full travel distance in order to press a key.

And for the final point. Most crappy membranes wear out in about a year. I've had several membrane keyboards that have worn out (keys get stuck constantly) in 6 to 8 months. My Merc Stealth was merciful and gave me 3 years before wearing out. But still. They do have a shorter overall lifespan compared to a mechanical keyboard.

It sounds as if you've incredibly succumbed to marketing. Hand pain comes from the ergonomics of the keyboard position and how you sit, not the squishyness of a key press. The speed of typing comes again from ergonomics, position, largely the preference of the typer, and the skill of the typer not the squishyness of a key. And yes, cheap membranes are the most popular cheap keyboard to make as they are the cheapest to make. But quality ones do exist, because membrane is by far the most popular type.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

It sounds as if you've incredibly succumbed to marketing. Hand pain comes from the ergonomics of the keyboard position and how you sit, not the squishyness of a key press. The speed of typing comes again from ergonomics, position, largely the preference of the typer, and the skill of the typer not the squishyness of a key. And yes, cheap membranes are the most popular cheap keyboard to make as they are the cheapest to make. But quality ones do exist, because membrane is by far the most popular type.

Hand pain and speed aren't just ergonomics. The physical properties of the membranes aren't conductive for both comfort and speed. There is an immense travel distance compared to Mechanical, and you have to always press down the full distance with a Membrane. Mechanicals have a short travel distance for most of them. Like my Gateron Blacks which have roughly a 1.2mm total travel distance. And an actuation point of (if memory serves) 0.9mm which means the key "presses" at 0.9mm and not 1.2mm.

While I can't get any information on the keyboard the fastest typist by Guinness World Records used, she DID use DVORAK, which is pretty much never seen on Membrane keyboards.

Additionally, the standard keyboard shape itself isn't even conductive for hand pain reduction. That's where the Ergodox comes in. I wish I had one to be honest. It's a split keyboard that is designed for ergonomic use. But it's kinda pricey, 200 dollar range.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Hand pain and speed aren't just ergonomics. The physical properties of the membranes aren't conductive for both comfort and speed. There is an immense travel distance compared to Mechanical, and you have to always press down the full distance with a Membrane. Mechanicals have a short travel distance for most of them. Like my Gateron Blacks which have roughly a 1.2mm total travel distance. And an actuation point of (if memory serves) 0.9mm which means the key "presses" at 0.9mm and not 1.2mm.

While I can't get any information on the keyboard the fastest typist by Guinness World Records used, she DID use DVORAK, which is pretty much never seen on Membrane keyboards.

Additionally, the standard keyboard shape itself isn't even conductive for hand pain reduction. That's where the Ergodox comes in. I wish I had one to be honest. It's a split keyboard that is designed for ergonomic use. But it's kinda pricey, 200 dollar range.

Agreed, hand pan doesn't come just from ergonomics and position. But it definitely doesn't come from the squishyness of the key.

"immense travel distance", hardly noticeable. Take a typing speed test on an unfamiliar membrane and take one on an unfamiliar mechanical, no difference.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

I personally use Razer Deathstalker. I've owned it for about 5 years, too lazy to spend $100 on a K95 or something like that personally. I'm more of a "it does the job" kind of person.

Knee High to a Worms Ass nitedragon's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

just a regular dell computer keyboard.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234