Save the whales. Collect the whole set KaosC57's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_ZED View Post
    Also, a cheap XLR microphone and a cheap Audio Interface will give you a lot better results than any USB microphone. Moreover, even a cheap Audio Interface is much better than any internal audio card in your desktop.
    Even this setup will be better than any USB microphone:
    https://www.amazon.com/Behringer-UM2...udio+interface

https://www.amazon.com/Neewer-Profes...=neewer+nw+700
    That setup is 70+ USD for a slightly better setup than mine. My U37 is incredibly good. It's a full Cardioid Condenser microphone. I don't know what the actual microphone is on the inside of it. But it's a really good mic even compared to that XLR mic.

I wanted to get an XLR setup with that Neewer kit, but it isn't worth it compared to the CAD Audio U37. They sound the same. I've heard them side by side. On good headphones.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_KaosC57 View Post
    That setup is 70+ USD for a slightly better setup than mine. My U37 is incredibly good. It's a full Cardioid Condenser microphone. I don't know what the actual microphone is on the inside of it. But it's a really good mic even compared to that XLR mic.

I wanted to get an XLR setup with that Neewer kit, but it isn't worth it compared to the CAD Audio U37. They sound the same. I've heard them side by side. On good headphones.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    It sounds like in a tan can. Listen tho this and compare to that video of Neewer 700 running through audio interface. It's a day and night.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

It sounds like in a tan can. Listen tho this and compare to that video of Neewer 700 running through audio interface. It's a day and night.

And here is my personal video recorded using Audio Interface and Neewer 700 without any extra adjustments or tweaking. My friend (music producer) told me that I could have gotten even better quality if I did certain things while recording. Mind you, echo in the background is because I'm in a 260 Square Foot room.

Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue djwaves's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Let me know it works for you.

Will do should be up and running by the weekend

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Let me just say again ...... THANK YOU ! I only just seen i had more than one page of replies , reading them now . As I have already seen on the net , this seems to be a hot topic and everyone has different views . Rest assured dear clan members never will I buy a gaming headset ever again . The Mrs has been told Audiophile headphones for Xmaz

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_djwaves View Post
    Hi , I'm wondering if anyone can help me with my audio on my P.C . I am using turtle beach 800 elite headset , and I cant get the Dolby 7.1 surround headphone X

output that the headset is capable of . I have done a few hours research into this and apparently I need Dolby Digital Live (DDL) to get the surround . So next I

was reading that a D.A.C/amp could give me the output I need , but I'am not sure which to get because my headphones are wireless so by my own working out It

would need two optical ports one for input from P.C and one for output to the headphones docking/charging base . That's as far as I can get on my own because the

internet isn't giving me a straight answer. The D.A.C I have looked at are the Turtle Beach Tactical Audio Controller , Asus Xonar U7 and a Creative SoundBlaster X-Fi

HD . I'am just not sure which of these if any will give me the output I want ........ Any ideas would be welcomed greatly

Thanks for your time ....... Dj
    The charging base is also a wireless transmitter which sends the audio to your headphones wirelessly.
    You send 6 channels of digital sound out of your computers digital (optical) sound port, and into the digital IN port at the back of the charging stand, using the digital optical cable that comes with the headphones.
    You then send 3 channels of digital sound between the charging stand and your PC using the usb cable -which also comes with the headphones.

So for this to wrok you need both the digital audio cable and the usb cable connected at the same time.

Read page 20 in the manual.
    https://support.turtlebeach.com/hc/a...User_Guide.pdf

The pre-requisite is that you would need a free usb port AND most importantly an optical digital out port on your soundcard.
    So before you spend any money, the most important question is:
    What is your current sound card? and does it have a digital out port? (there should be a red beam of light coming out of it when it is on if nothing is plugged in)

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_Hymn View Post
    The charging base is also a wireless transmitter which sends the audio to your headphones wirelessly.
    You send 6 channels of digital sound out of your computers digital (optical) sound port, and into the digital IN port at the back of the charging stand, using the digital optical cable that comes with the headphones.
    You then send 3 channels of digital sound between the charging stand and your PC using the usb cable -which also comes with the headphones.

So for this to wrok you need both the digital audio cable and the usb cable connected at the same time.

Read page 20 in the manual.
    https://support.turtlebeach.com/hc/a...User_Guide.pdf

The pre-requisite is that you would need a free usb port AND most importantly an optical digital out port on your soundcard.
    So before you spend any money, the most important question is:
    What is your current sound card? and does it have a digital out port? (there should be a red beam of light coming out of it when it is on if nothing is plugged in)
    I have the optical cable and usb plugged in , i dont have a sound card and it did say on the turtle beach website if your using onboard sound ie the motherboard then it wont ouput the dolby digital sound and i confirmed this on the asus website that the z270e does not output dolby digital because they havent paid for the dolby licence . As other people stated stereo headphone work much better ive tried my djing headphones and the spatial awareness is much better than the gaming headset so iam just using the 800s on ps4 now and my audio interface and xlr mic should come today so i should be sorted

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12