Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Protip Her Royal Majesty's main battle tank, The Chieftain Mk. X - REVIEW (follow up)

When 1.71 launced I did a first impression on the Chieftain.

Now that I finally have it spaded, I will share my thoughts and lessons learned with you guys, what is good, what is bad, and how to work with it/around it.
    Hope it helps :)

First off, TheOrangeDoom did a vid on the Mk.X a few days ago, and I agree with what he says. So, if you can't be bothered reading on, here is a link to his vid.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jj9jJLJrpWU&t=824s

Now, first let's take the bad stuff first:
    *Honestly, the worst thing about this tank is the allied teams, all Salt and jokes aside, alot of the time, if you get into a game with only ameicans with you, you can safely bet you left testicle that all the MBT-70s
    will go rush and die within the first engagements, therby leaving your team down 40-60% of its players.
    This is the tank where what your team does, or does not do has the biggest influence on your game, it can be really hard to clutch in it cuz of the poor manouverability.
    * Which brings us to; It is slow, there is no way around it, It gets better when spaded, but you need all the preformacne upgrades ASAP. your opponents are twice as fast as you- But as Orange said, you can use this to your advantage. Be where your enemy doesn't expect a tank.
    Choose the roads less travled, mind that you don't get caught in the open. I have done this, and can say that you can, and will, catch players off guard doing it, just keep your head on a swivle!!!
    *Everything except the Stillbrew is gonna get penned.
    *Getting your reload down as fast as possible is strongly recommended.

I know that it seems like there should be more flaws with the mk.X, but I can't find them, I'm sure that if you hate this tank you will find 10000000000 more things wrong. The problems I have listed are what is unique to the mk.X, cuz all the tanks have problems that they share, and we all know them, so no need to point them out.

The Good stuff:
    *The gun! This thing can snipe! Even the stock shell is good, like REALLY good. The APDS-FS takes it to wrath of God levels of precision and damage.
    * The Stillbrew armour. I can't even, there are no words to describe the sheer amount of bullshittery this armour pulls of, and survives. The only other thing in British history this well protected was Gloriana herself, Queen Elizabeth I, virginity. The rest of the tank is meh, no worse than any other tank tho- But go hulldown as much as possible, and watch the game breaking levels of no fucks given, as entire teams of russians go suka bled gaijin!!!! trying to kill you.
    * with this and the fact that you are the only 9.0 tank with 4 crew gives you so much more survivablity.
    * It has reasonable CAS. The Venom RP-3 rockets can kill tanks and the plane is manouvrable, as an attacker, and a fighter.

With the new economy changes, the repair cost is reasonable. So even if your team is a bunch of lemmings, marching happily of the cliff, this means that if you do ok you won't be losing money - with prem account, anyway.

It is an odd tank for the meta. I do realize this. In a tier where being able to go "Mach loool", and deja vú, around every corner seems to be the be all end all, the mk. X seem like the worst choice. And if you can't adapt to it, it probably is. That beeing said, this tank has a really good ability to be the cheeky breeky tactical master. as long as you keep your wits about you, you can get this thing into position where no enemy expects you to show up, if it's stupid and the enemy doesn't expect it, then it might just work. Another tactic you can use is to block off an entire section of the map, if you pick a good spot.
    Alot of time it's like playing splinter cell, in the sense that you sneak around and have a one shot one kill mentality, having to be patient, which when your team is disintegrating before your eyes can be fustratin.

I strongly recommend being in squads when playing this tank, now where you can team up with Russian and Japan, these tanks can compliment a Mk. X really well. Also, it offsets the "America FUCK Yeah" of the bad allied players.

I really Love this tank, it suits me and my playstyle. If you like, or can get with the idea of beeing different and having to think different while playing Ground Forces, I recommend this tank.

Hope this helps you make an informed decision.

o7
    Razor

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

BTW, I made this at 6 in the morning when I got home from work, and was to hyped up on energydrinks to sleep. So, pardon the spelling misstakes. :P

Okay, who put a stop payment on my reality check? AndyinBrum's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

I loved the Mk3 and the Mk5, I cant wait to play with this - just unlocked the KPz and have had the T64 for a bit. so will start the british grind again- have you got the striker? I was so disapointed with the swingfire, but hopefully this will be better

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

I never listen to TheSaltyDoom anymore, he spawncamps so much and blame the team when he dies!

Boycott shampoo! Demand the REAL poo! Warpath78's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

One thing i,m currently at 6.7 brit realistic working on unlocking the vampire I think but is there any pitfalls to be aware of if i continue to grind out more ,The tanks are slower overall but honestly it stops me derping out in front all the time and getting murdered .

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_Warpath78 View Post
    One thing i,m currently at 6.7 brit realistic working on unlocking the vampire I think but is there any pitfalls to be aware of if i continue to grind out more ,The tanks are slower overall but honestly it stops me derping out in front all the time and getting murdered .
    Nah. You've passed the tough part of being a Britt tanker. If you're at 6.7 it's smooth sailing from here.

(i can't say this with 100% certainty as there have been alot of BR changes in this area all the way to max-tier. But all the vehicles are fenomenal for the britts.)

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

you're gonna have to flank alot more in 7.0 brits than before, because of the HESH nerf. Befor you could kill an is3/6 t54 from the front with it, but with the sabot being your only real option now, you have to be surgical with your shots, aiming for ammoracks ect.