Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue PresetJunkie's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Default I am looking for a laptop upgrade

I am considering HP Omen 15 w/gtx 1060 in it, or should I wait for ryzen laptop, or do you think I should look at some other laptop ?

Any thoughts ?

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Hey, the HP Omen is a decent pick up, I could give you some other recommendations if you'd like. What is your price range?

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Somewhere between 1300-1500 US$, i'd love to hear your recommendation

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Asus and MSI have some pretty good spec'd laptops and I know ASUS has some good warranty policies. Black friday and Cybermonday are coming up so maybe you can see what they have for sale then.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

My only choice for gaming laptops would be ASUS, MSI and Saeger.
    I would stay away from HP far far far away. The worst laptop brand ever. I used to work in HP tech center. So many recalls and they are built like garbage anyways. Every friend that had HP had problems.

I had a couple ASUS gaming laptops in the past and had 0 problems. I got one MSI gaming laptop now for over 2 years and it's being heavily used for work on daily basis. There are no issues with it at all. Rock solid build.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_XxSwiftyxX View Post
    Asus and MSI have some pretty good spec'd laptops and I know ASUS has some good warranty policies. Black friday and Cybermonday are coming up so maybe you can see what they have for sale then.
    Quote Originally Posted by AOD_ZED View Post
    My only choice for gaming laptops would be ASUS, MSI and Saeger.
    I would stay away from HP far far far away. The worst laptop brand ever. I used to work in HP tech center. So many recalls and they are built like garbage anyways. Every friend that had HP had problems.

I had a couple ASUS gaming laptops in the past and had 0 problems. I got one MSI gaming laptop now for over 2 years and it's being heavily used for work on daily basis. There are no issues with it at all. Rock solid build.

I am curerently using asus rog laptop, but not the 1000's of dollars one, it has 950m in it. It still have some life in it but its age begins to show. I also looked into msi laptops, but from the dimension of the laptop in my price range, they are quite bulky. The asus gl502vm and gl702vm looks good but it just above my price range where i live. And yeah, i have hp pavilion in high school and i don't have a fond memory of using it, it overheats easily. But from the review of hp omen i'm quite intrigued. Thanks guys for the input, i'll think it over.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_PresetJunkie View Post
    I am curerently using asus rog laptop, but not the 1000's of dollars one, it has 950m in it. It still have some life in it but its age begins to show. I also looked into msi laptops, but from the dimension of the laptop in my price range, they are quite bulky. The asus gl502vm and gl702vm looks good but it just above my price range where i live. And yeah, i have hp pavilion in high school and i don't have a fond memory of using it, it overheats easily. But from the review of hp omen i'm quite intrigued. Thanks guys for the input, i'll think it over.
    MSI has pretty good deals and has good components inside. Like this one for example: https://www.amazon.com/MSI-GP62MVR-L...aptop+gtx+1060

Or a 17" with slightly better components + 120 Hz screen: https://www.amazon.com/MSI-GP72VR-Le...aptop+gtx+1060

It has decent components, price and is not that bulky for a gaming laptop.

You could also look into Lenovo.
    Last edited by ZED; 11-23-2017 at 09:32 AM.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_ZED View Post
    MSI has pretty good deals and has good components inside. Like this one for example: https://www.amazon.com/MSI-GP62MVR-L...aptop+gtx+1060

Or a 17" with slightly better components + 120 Hz screen: https://www.amazon.com/MSI-GP72VR-Le...aptop+gtx+1060

It has decent components, price and is not that bulky for a gaming laptop.

You could also look into Lenovo.
    Yeah, MSI is amazing with pricing. I was looking at the 1070 version MSI laptop earlier today and the price difference with the hp omen is not that very far.
    Thanks dude.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_PresetJunkie View Post
    Yeah, MSI is amazing with pricing. I was looking at the 1070 version MSI laptop earlier today and the price difference with the hp omen is not that very far.
    Thanks dude.
    Yeah, MSI usually cheap out on the looks and case but inside they put really high quality parts.

Can I have your Tots Shadicbypass's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

i second what this guy is saying asus's are good and they honor their warranty.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

+1 for ASUS brand laptops, especially the ROG line. Outstanding build quality, I bought one used and when it came time to sell it was still in good enough shape I sold it for more than I bought it for :)

The bird of hermes is my name eating my own wings to make me tame ennry's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

buy a gaming PC laptops are fine until you start gaming on them for extended period of time its a laptop after all and i'd be pretty much smited if i say that most of the time you'd be at home when playing so a PC would be better much more powerfull and cheaper if you build it yourself